Disney to mandate full vaccinations to employees

GoofGoof

Premium Member
that's being pretty cavalier. You think many of these people have resumes that'll get them snatched up?
Have you seen the job market in Orlando? Restaurants offering $1,000+ sign on bonuses, help wanted signs everywhere, businesses being forced to not open 7 days a week because they can‘t find help. There are plenty of options to work elsewhere and even if there aren’t then that factors into someone’s decision. My only point is Disney or the government isn’t holding people down and forcing a vaccine. Everyone has a choice just like they have a choice where they work.

DfromATX

Definitely, everyone should get paid sick time to recover from any vaccine reaction. I know I could not have worked the following day. Although I scheduled mine for a Friday in anticipation of this.
On the other hand, why ruin your weekend? I was pretty sick after my second dose and definitely called in. Luckily though, where I work any illnesses due to Covid are freebies for us and don't count against our leave time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think there should be a mandate for a virus that has a 99%+ survival rate, but if they list what's in the shots so people can make an informed decision and they can explain why they can't tell the difference from a positive covid test that was really the flu, then at least people are more aware of the decision they're making.
We all saw that goal post was going to move.

So, at what rate of death and harm does a virus have to do in order for a vaccination mandate to be justified?

ChanceH

This is completely, 100% false information. Deaths caused from the vaccine are numbered in the single to double digits, not thousands.

Not to mention the risk of death to others by refusing to get vaccinated.

We don't get out of this mess until vaccines are mandated much like other vaccines are in different areas.of life.

These have been proven to be one of the safest drugs on the market. The serious side effects.of these vaccines are infinitesimal. Time to stop the lies and misinformation surrounding the vaccine.
I know 3 people that were healthy, got both shots and had strokes and died within a week. Soon to be 4 as family friend has been given 10 days as of yesterday in hospice. Non FDA approved but let’s push it to the max

dsnygrl86

I know 3 people that were healthy, got both shots and had strokes and died within a week. Soon to be 4 as family friend has been given 10 days as of yesterday in hospice. Non FDA approved but let’s push it to the max
If you go to the Vaers reporting system, it lists deaths at 4,819 after vaccination in the US. Of course not all may be from the vaccine, but not all “Covid deaths” were Covid either; it’s frustrating how people want to dictate what others should put into their body and ignore real concerns that I think need to be discussed. The CDC made the mask call based on a town in Massachusetts which had an outbreak and a majority of the infected were vaccinated. And yes, the argument is they don’t get as sick…but can we really say that’s true since a majority don’t get that sick anyhow without the vaccine and we are dealing with a new variant, and now we are hearing of long-haul vaccinated Covid cases as well. I would just like them to taking a closer look at all this before just telling me to get vaccinated. I’m all for masks if needed within reason but some things can’t just be “get vaccinated and it will all go away”.

MrPromey

Great. I hope they actually tell us what's in them

So you've got the training and education to understand what everything is if they do?*.. Or is your plan to Google it and trust some stranger on the internet when they say something in it causes monkeys to sprout wings over another stranger who says there is absolutely zero evidence it causes monkeys to sprout wings?

Do you know exactly what everything you put in your body is and does, today? Like the entire ingredients list of all your food or even what's in a Tylenol?

If pressed, could you explain what chemicals (both artificial and naturally occurring) were in the food you ate for dinner tonight, right now, on the spot?

*and if you do have such an education, can you trust that the information you paid to learn was accurate? How can you trust anything as not being a part of the "big lie"? Do you even know how far down and back it goes so that when you hit the truth, you'd recognize it when you see it?.. Are we even real or does the government actually know we're living in a simulated reality and is hiding it from us?

Or is all of that just crazy talk?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
If everyone had received a vaccine, there would still be the constant toll of deaths just like before the vaccine.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
If you go to the Vaers reporting system, it lists deaths at 4,819 after vaccination in the US. Of course not all may be from the vaccine, but not all “Covid deaths” were Covid either;

If 100% of the population got vaccinated, there would still be the constant toll of deaths, just like before the vaccine.

The Vaers system is not vetted closely for cause and effect. Like ADE's it's something someone heard about and then bring up "Hey what about VAERS?..."

The people who set up VAERS are the scientific medical community, and just about all of them say the same thing: get vaccinated. It's riskier to get get blood clots and strokes from COVID than from the vaccine.

But why trust science? Because if you were clenching your chest at the start of a heart attack, you'd trust the medical science community to try to keep you alive. You wouldn't be quoting the stats of those who didn't make it.

And almost 5,000 possible negative reactions to the vaccine?! Such a cute little number.

Compare it to four million who've died from COVID.

And now there's a more contagious and deadly variant going around that young people aren't as immune to as the alpha variant.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
because I’ve tried researching both sides
What is the side opposed to the overwhelming consensus of the scientific medical community?

What do they know that experts in the field with doctorates in epidemiology and virology don't know? What "research" have they done? Have they run double blind experiments? Have they published papers in respected scientific journals?

Who are these people who supposedly know better?

Because when these people opposed to the scientific community say, "No vaccines because of X", and you point out that 'X' is not factually correct, then all of a sudden they glom onto some other excuse.

I literally had someone tell me they wouldn't get the vaccine because they're allergic to eggs. When I told them the vaccines in the U.S. weren't made with eggs or had any egg products in them, they were flummoxed and confused because they didn't have a back-up excuse ready. All they knew was that "vaccine BAD" and they "knew it" based on faulty information from non-experts.

You would think that a rational person would say, "Oh, I guess I had the wrong information, so, I'm going to go to get the vaccine now." But they don't, they comb through the non-scientific crazy social media on the internet instead of going to the CDC or their own doctor. They don't want to learn.

I can't teach you why the vaccine is safer than not getting vaccinated if you won't allow the experts to overrule people who don't know the science.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Again, as I’ve said before, I was told by my doctor that I can’t get the vaccine due to health reasons and what happened to my mother. There are a lot of virologists who have studies that point to the concerns I’ve mentioned and they are out there. Everyone just wants to discredit them, even when some of their research has been cited in the ones everyone is trusting so much. Even when pointed out the sources everyone seems to trust that there is facts that support some of these concerns or have actually been voiced, it gets ignored or told that nothing is 100%….exactly…
OK, you have a medical reason for not getting vaccinated. You can get a note from your doctor to be exempted from the vaccine mandates.

So.... why are trying to find ways to stop other people from getting vaccinated by bringing up ADE and VAERS? You're getting this from the anti-vax crowd. Why are you disseminating their false narratives?

dsnygrl86

OK, you have a medical reason for not getting vaccinated. You can get a note from your doctor to be exempted from the vaccine mandates.

So.... why are trying to find ways to stop other people from getting vaccinated by bringing up ADE and VAERS? You're getting this from the anti-vax crowd. Why are you disseminating their false narratives?
Why do you assume I’m getting this from anti-vax crowds when most of the research I’ve spent hours reading is from past articles on the cdc and fda cites? I’m not stopping anyone from getting vaccinated, I’m saying I’m concerned with things that aren’t being looked at. Doesn’t mean I don’t want a vaccine, I just want a better one.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Why do you assume I’m getting this from anti-vax crowds when most of the research I’ve spent hours reading is from past articles on the cdc and fda cites? I’m not stopping anyone from getting vaccinated, I’m saying I’m concerned with things that aren’t being looked at. Doesn’t mean I don’t want a vaccine, I just want a better one.
Can you link me to the CDC page that says ADE is a concern with the current U.S. vaccines?

dsnygrl86

Can you link me to the CDC page that says ADE is a concern with the current U.S. vaccines?
I never said the current ones and this is the issue with trying to have a discussion. I said in past vaccination efforts with related coronaviruses with SARS and MERS they found ADE to be an issue in all of them. And to me that is concerning. And again, correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve read and watched so many videos to explain ADE and all seem to say that this can happen when your body depends on the vaccine and when the vaccine starts to lose its potency, the cells look for it to help fight but can’t and something happens where it allows the virus to penetrate the cells easier - and my concern is the studies coming out saying these vaccines are only lasting 6 months now. So I’m worried that the timing is about right and that’s why we are seeing an uptick in infections. And when you look at the town in Massachusetts, England, and Israel it’s not so obvious that it is just an unvaccinated problem.

dsnygrl86

Do you consider the NIH a reputable source?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

What exactly is a "better vaccine" if the one we have is currently working?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom