Disney to mandate full vaccinations to employees

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes there is speculation on that from reputable sources, and it's reasonable, but it's only one hypothesis among several. We don't even know the trajectory of the UK yet. It could dip and then spike again, like what happened in Jan to April. So far we see evidence of a decline in the UK, but we don't know if that will be a sustained decline or a dip before another rise or plateau.

No way to know if by the fall this ends, especially with the variable of many schools opening without masks and unvaccinated children. It might decline, I hope it does, but Delta is a very knew and unknown equation.
What goes up must come down, but until we have a lot more people vaccinated there’s no reason to assume that we will be done by the Fall. This wave may drop some time soon but there will be future waves until enough people are immune…the easy way with the vaccine….or the hard way. Too many people are electing the hard way. At least large corporations are now starting to step in and say enough is enough and protect their workers. This could help get us towards the “enough people are vaccinated“ goal. In polling that was done there was a not insignificant number of people who said they wouldn’t get the vaccine unless their employer or school required it. I think in a way it gives some people an out to say they didn’t “give in“ and get the shot, they got forced into it for work. I don’t care how or why as long as they take the shot.

mikejs78

Premium Member
But there’s isn’t evidence it doesn’t and past vaccines dealing with similar viruses were trashed because they did lead to ADE. The maker of the vaccine actually warned of this and so did Fauci. The fact the viral load is staying the same is something that shouldn’t be just disregarded….the vaccine should decrease viral load.
Actually that's not the case. It's been determined through the trials that ADE is a non issue with these vaccines. In cases of ADE, either a) viral load would be much greater than in an unvaccinated individual or b) more cases of the virus would exist among the vaccinated than unvaccinated (by percentage).

Neither of those have played out. Conversely, cases are far less, viral load at a point can be the same, but then the virus is fought off by the vaccine before it gets serious. In ADE scenarios, the person would be more sick, not less.

ADE was something to look for in the *trials*, but that was completely ruled out based on trial and real world data.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
But there’s isn’t evidence it doesn’t and past vaccines dealing with similar viruses were trashed because they did lead to ADE. The maker of the vaccine actually warned of this and so did Fauci. The fact the viral load is staying the same is something that shouldn’t be just disregarded….the vaccine should decrease viral load.

The COVID vaccines have been designed with full awareness of ADE. They have taken steps to minimize the chance ADE would show up. ADE is monitored for and would likely have shown up in the trials. There is no reason to believe this is a concern.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
ADE happens when the virus starts to wear out and then the body becomes dependent on the vaccine to fight any virus at all. We did not allow enough time to do enough research to determine this. Basically by the time we started administering the vaccine, we would have just started to see this in the test subjects. Which probably wouldn’t have been a large enough sample to say one way or the other. The longevity of the vaccine is anywhere between 6 months to a year which may be what we are seeing and now a booster is being considered. I’m just saying it can’t and shouldn’t be thrown out.
The original trial participants are still being actively monitored by Pfizer, Moderna and JnJ. Many are coming up on 1 year post vaccination. We have a lot of data already and no word of this being an issue.

MrPromey

The COVID vaccines have been designed with full awareness of ADE. They have taken steps to minimize the chance ADE would show up. ADE is monitored for and would likely have shown up in the trials. There is no reason to believe this is a concern.

Unless of course, you're grasping at straws in an attempt to put some sort of made-up-logic behind an entirely irrational argument.

Last edited:

Archie123

There has been some speculation from some reputable sources that we may be close to seeing a peak soon. Even if cases peak in a few weeks it will still likely be the end of September before the case numbers drop to low again.

A month from now is still a long time. I hope it ends tomorrow but there are also other reputable sources saying that the surge will continue into October.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
ADE happens when the virus starts to wear out and then the body becomes dependent on the vaccine to fight any virus at all. We did not allow enough time to do enough research to determine this. Basically by the time we started administering the vaccine, we would have just started to see this in the test subjects
1. That is not what ADE is. ADE is when a vaccine produces antibodies that make it easier for the virus to invade cells.

2. ADE, or any other adverse reaction from a vaccine, shows up within about 6 weeks of innoculation. We had plenty of time. The vaccines are safe. We are continuing to monitor tea subjects primarily because we are tracking efficacy over time. But ADE is not a concern at all at this point.

MrPromey

People do that on here??? (three question marks for sarcasm)

Well, yes, they we do but in most circumstances, doing that isn't helping stir up controversy that is costing people's lives in our country through fear and in some cases, intimidation, while preventing the "return to normal" that supposedly everyone universally wants.

What frustrates me is that people are still trying to debate a person on here who actually wanted a negative to be proven to them which shows right there, they are a conspiracy-theory nut that can't be reasoned with.

I'm not saying that there can't be reasonable people with reasonable concerns on both sides of this argument - just that the one everyone's going out of their way to provide answers and responses to isn't one of them.

Save your typing people - no evidence or proof or references or facts are ever going to be enough with this one and continuing to try to debate them is just putting more conspiratorial words out there in their responses to confuse and worry others who don't realize they don't know that they're talking about.

Or to put it another way, please, for your mental health and the betterment of all humanity, stop feeding this engaging. :banghead:

Last edited:

Archie123

Well, yes, they we do but in most circumstances, doing that isn't helping stir up controversy that is costing people's lives in our country through fear and in some cases, intimidation, while preventing the "return to normal" that supposedly everyone universally wants.

Yes, you are using logic but based on the idiocy that you see on the news regarding those who refuse to get vaccinated it is obvious they do not care. These are anti-science morons who are so against the vaccine, for the most nonsensical of reasons, until they get covid and are dying in a hospital begging for the vaccine. And guess what...it's to late.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A month from now is still a long time. I hope it ends tomorrow but there are reputable sources that the surge will go into October.

Yes, peak doesn‘t mean its over, just that cases start going downward. If cases peak in 2 weeks it will likely take another 6 weeks of decline to get back to June levels. That puts us at the end of September and if delayed even a few weeks into October. Hopefully not just in time for a ramp up of another winter wave in cold states.

MrPromey

Yes, you are using logic but based on the idiocy that you see on the news regarding those who refuse to get vaccinated it is obvious they do not care. These are anti-science morons who are so against the vaccine, for the most nonsensical of reasons, until they get covid and are dying in a hospital begging for the vaccine. And guess what...it's to late.
You mean like these folks:

I'm sure it's all just made up stories to cover the big lie.* 🙄

*we could make a drinking game around which conspiracy theory has gotten it "right", I guess.

Last edited:

Archie123

You mean like these folks:

I'm sure it's all just made up stories to cover the big lie.* 🙄

*we could make a drinking game around which conspiracy theory is the "true" one, I guess.

Those and all the ones of people begging for the virus when they are lying in that hospital bed staring at that guy in the dark robe holding a scythe. It's sad but they had a choice to save their lives and chose not to. I will say I do hope that the FDA approves the vaccinations, which is a certainty, sooner than later. It just takes away one more bullet from the moron's gun for why they aren't getting vaccinated.

So... does this mean that if the FDA gives the vaccine its full approval in a few weeks, that you'd be 100% on board with a vaccine mandate?
I don't think there should be a mandate for a virus that has a 99%+ survival rate, but if they list what's in the shots so people can make an informed decision and they can explain why they can't tell the difference from a positive covid test that was really the flu, then at least people are more aware of the decision they're making.

It'll be fully approved in about a month. You know what the difference is between an EUA and full approval of a drug? Four months of safety data and a review of the manufacturing process. We have the extra four months of data and it has proven effective. The review of the data and manufacturing process is now in process and should be wrapped up within weeks.
Great. I hope they actually tell us what's in them

That is now how it works. You know if you want to continue employment or work there if hired it is a requirement.

FDA approves a lot of things that are not good for you. It is not an end all be all. This vaccines go through the most rigorously tested processes of any medication.
except it didn't, this time. A large portion of the animal testing phase, they died

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom