Disney to mandate full vaccinations to employees

stevebwv

You do realize that any side effects of the vaccine are the same side effects from catching COVID, since the vaccine is pretending to be COVID and any side effects come from your body trying to ward off what it thinks is an infection, right?
False. All vaccines include risks beyond the disease the vaccine is trying to keep at bay and the COVID vaccine is no different. That does not mean the risks outweigh the rewards but you are factual wrong in your declaration.
And you do realize that when you're hit with the real thing, an actual COVID-19 infection, that not only do you get the same side effects from the vaccine, but the actual virus can hospitalize or kill you and damage your organs for months or years or forever, right?
Again, this is just not accurate. Whether it is the clotting risk to adult women or myocarditis to young men there are risks associated with the vaccine.
That's what COVID can do to you. The vaccine can't, because it's not an invading virus tearing your organs apart, but COVID will.
This hyperbole shows how dishonest you are with this debate. The vast majority of infections are mild and for those under 30 most all infections are asymptomatic. The only way we know IFRs is by testing those showing no signs of illness. The survival rate for covid for those under 70 is over 99.5% so the virus does not "tear your organs apart".
Get vaccinated and stop promoting the propaganda of the anti-vaxxers.
If you really want to get people to get vaccinated be truthful and accurate about the risks both of an infection and the vaccination. Why should I trust your opinion on the vax when your rants are so obviously false?

lazyboy97o

Again, this is just not accurate. Whether it is the clotting risk to adult women or myocarditis to young men there are risks associated with the vaccine.
Clots and myocarditis are risks associated with COVID-19 at a far higher rate of incidence.
This hyperbole shows how dishonest you are with this debate. The vast majority of infections are mild and for those under 30 most all infections are asymptomatic. The only way we know IFRs is by testing those showing no signs of illness. The survival rate for covid for those under 70 is over 99.5% so the virus does not "tear your organs apart".
A viral infection works by destroying cells. People not dying doesn’t mean they aren’t suffering damage that is still not fully known.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
False. All vaccines include risks beyond the disease the vaccine is trying to keep at bay and the COVID vaccine is no different. That does not mean the risks outweigh the rewards but you are factual wrong in your declaration.
I've acknowledged side effects. And yes, I skipped over one: possible allergic reaction to the ingredients of the vaccine, which is very treatable, and why they have you sit for 15 minutes before leaving the vaccination site.

What other side effects of this vaccine that have been shown to exist which aren't also the same harms that COVID itself causes at a much higher rate and more significantly damaging?

COVID does this at a much higher rate and with a lot more damage, including long term damage ("long haul COVID") and death. The clotting and heart inflammation from the vaccine it treatable and doesn't have long term effects. This is why people aren't dying or on ventilators from the vaccine, but they are with COVID.

The dishonesty is taking the situation we had with Alpha and repeating it for Delta. The spikes we have now in hospitalizations aren't among the elderly, like it was at the beginning of the pandemic. So, if it isn't the elderly making up the bulk of the hospitalizations now... guess who it is.

Those who have died from COVID, over four and a half million, would want to disagree with you about the organs being torn apart (the lung is an organ). Not to mention all those with long haul COVID.

Focusing on "survival rate" is a rather antiseptic way to downplay the pain and misery and turmoil for all those who were hospitalized and health care workers overworked to keep them alive and all those with long haul symptoms, isn't it?

And still 4.5 Million have died. And many more still to come... you didn't think this was over, did you? The pain, misery, and loss of life continues.

If you really want to get people to get vaccinated be truthful and accurate about the risks both of an infection and the vaccination. Why should I trust your opinion on the vax when your rants are so obviously false?
Have a good day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

The post he was responding to said that we needed to wait 5-10 years to research potential side effects of the vaccine. Clotting and myocarditis as well as anaphylaxis are all real, but rare adverse reactions to the vaccine. None of that will happen 5-10 years later. Those are things that will happen right away. If you got vaccinated more than a month ago and you didn’t suffer any of those rare reactions you are most likely safe. One other point to consider is myocarditis and clotting are 2 of the symptoms of natural covid infection and occur much more frequently with natural covid infection than with the vaccine. So if people are legitimately concerned with these very rare reactions and not just parroting political talking points from some talking head then they should probably talk to a medical professional and understand the risks.

All that being said, if someone really just doesn’t want to “take the risk” and get the shot then they cannot work at Disney. That’s just the way it is. People are free to dislike the policy or complain about it, but there isn’t anything that can be done. Life is full of tough decisions and some have consequences. This is one of them….actually it’s really not for 73.2% of adults so far :)

Vegas Disney Fan

I find it ironic people will say the vaccine isn’t needed because 99.5% of people survive Covid while also trying to justify vaccine hesitancy because of the 1 in a million chance of a side affect.

As if a 1 in 200 chance of death is preferable to a 1 in a million chance of a side affect, which is almost always survivable.

I know which odds I’d take, and did months ago, in this scenario.

bq69

Vaccines are not the same as medications. Vaccines are administered a few times whereas medications are taken over and over again, sometimes more than once a day

This is not a medication. You are not taking it repeatedly over a long period of time

Just clearing up a few misinformed facts. As a practicing Clinical Pharmacist of over 30+ years you are both incorrect in your statements. Vaccines are absolutely medications. By definition from the FDA: (Per the Food and Drug Cosmetic Act Section 201(g))

A drug is defined as:
  • A substance recognized by an official pharmacopoeia or formulary.
  • A substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.
  • A substance (other than food) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body.
  • A substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part or accessory of a device.
  • Biological products are included within this definition and are generally covered by the same laws and regulations, but differences exist regarding their manufacturing processes (chemical process versus biological process.)
This is the very same definition I was taught 30+ years ago in Pharmacy School and it is the very same definition which is still being taught across pharmacy schools and medical schools across the nation.

Another useful definition we use in the industry is the following .....

In pharmacology, a drug is a chemical substance, typically of known structure, which, when administered to a living organism, produces a biological effect at the molecular level. A pharmaceutical drug, also called a medication or medicine, is a chemical substance used to treat, cure, prevent, or diagnosis a disease or to promote well-being.

We further can go on and define a vaccine as defined by the CDC.

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease

Additionally we can classify vaccines as a biopharmaceutical. By definition taught universally, A biopharmaceutical, also known as a biologic(al), medical product or biologic, is any pharmaceutical drug product manufactured in, extracted from, or semisynthesized from biological sources. Different from totally synthesized pharmaceuticals, they include vaccines, whole blood, blood components, allergenics, somatic cells, gene therapies, tissues, recombinant therapeutic protein, and living medicines used in cell therapy.

Therefore your statements are incorrect. I hope this information helps clear up any misunderstandings.

thanks! :)

EDIT .... I forgot to add, medications do not have to be given over and over as you stated in order for it to be defined a medication as you stated. Here in the hospital that I work we give medications x1 dose only many times. Both up on the general nursing floors and in Peri-Op Surgical setting where I have specialized over the past 15 years. We can be correcting anything from electrolyte abnormalities to x1 dose for pre-op antibiotic prophylaxis to x1 dose of using a chemo agent to treat and ectopic pregnancy or x1 dose of a clot busting medication to treat the symptoms of an acute stroke.

Again just trying to clear up some misconceptions.

thanks. :)

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

bq69

You do you. Everything I said stands and is accurate. You are attempting to use semantics to win some online argument you think is important but has nothing to do with what I said. The time for these pointless debates is over anyway. The vaccines are perfectly safe and at least Pfizer now has full FDA approval. If you work for Disney you need to be vaccinated. Period, end of story. If for whatever reason you want to dream up you don’t want to be vaccinated then you cannot work for The Walt Disney Company unless you get a medical or religious exemption. No arguing or picking around semantics is going to change that now. As time goes on more and more companies will adopt this policy. Nobody is being forced to be vaccinated, you always have a choice, but with that choice comes consequences just like many choices in life.

I'm confused? Why are you debating my post? I'm 100% for vaccines. I've been vaccinated since Jan. 2021 since I am considered an essential healthcare worker. My wife is vaccinated and so is my 13 yr old son. My daughter would be except she is a bit to young. I think you are arguing against the wrong person and quoted me by mistake.

When I quoted you I simply was clarifying that a vaccine is indeed a medication. As a healthcare worker I support the hospital I work for mandating vaccines and if once chooses not to get vaccinated (which is the individuals choice and I acknowledge that, though I may disagree with them) than I agree that the individuals choice comes with consequences.

I'm really confused at why you quoted me?

Last edited:

G00fyDad

I'm confused? Why are you debating my post? I'm 100% for vaccines. I've been vaccinated since Jan. 2021 since I am considered an essential healthcare worker. My wife is vaccinated and so is my 13 yr old son. My daughter would be except she is a bit to young. I think you are arguing against the wrong person and quoted me by mistake.

When I quoted you I simply was clarifying that a vaccine is indeed a medication. You even like my post. As a healthcare worker I support the hospital I work for mandating vaccines and if once chooses not to get vaccinated (which is the individuals choice and I acknowledge that, though I may disagree with them) than I agree that the individuals choice comes with consequences.

I'm really confused at why you quoted me?

I think we all were confused why he did. I just figured he quoted the wrong person. 🤷‍♂️

Heppenheimer

Just to knock this one on the head again (we've mostly been through this point over and over again in the WDW and COVID thread)...

Vaccines can very rarely have long term side effects, but the absolute longest latency for them to show up is about 6 weeks in a few extreme cases. The most common side effects occur immediately or a day or two later. The rare autoimmune reactions present a little later, and a few rare cases of Guillan-Barre syndrome that occurred as late as 6 weeks after vaccination were attributed to other non-COVID vaccines for lack of a better culprit.

There simply is no feasible biochemical mechanism for a vaccine to provoke a new side effects months or years later, and in practice, they simply aren't observed. The actual physical materials of the vaccine are either completely excreted or broken down into the same basic biochemical building blocks that bathe every cell in our bodies, within days after we receive the injection. A vaccine's enduring effect isn't from the presence of actual physical material injected, but from the army of lymphocyte stem cells that it provokes. If these cells don't cause an autoimmune reaction relatively soon after they mature, they never will.

This is completely different from considerations of chronic medication use. With daily medications, the body is exposed to the drug on a continuous basis, and with some, a cumulative dose-dependent toxicity can occur. The antiarrhythmic medication amiodarone is one of the most notorious examples, but we only use this medication when other less toxic medications fail.

Even if there was some material in the vaccine that could cause a similar dose-dependent toxicity like with amiodarone, we simply aren't exposed to the ingredients in a vaccine often enough or in sufficient amounts to cause any long-term effect.

Last edited:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Take with a grain of salt, but I just saw a social media post from a friend who’s a coordinator at Studios.

Unvaccinated CMs are being called in to speak with managers. Terminations have begun.

My friend gave me more details. They're being terminated, but if within an allotted period of time they get vaccinated and provide proof, they'll be reinstated.

So far, the CM's my friend has spoken with have no intention of getting vaccinated.

John park hopper

My friend gave me more details. They're being terminated, but if within an allotted period of time they get vaccinated and provide proof, they'll be reinstated.

So far, the CM's my friend has spoken with have no intention of getting vaccinated.
Disney is having a hard time hiring so let's terminate some more That will be great for guests

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom