News Disney to launch new Vacation Planning site to help guests with date-based tickets

Slov72

Currently for me I priced a one day ticket and the calendar only goes to Dec. 16th.
You are right, December 16th seems to be the last day that you can book..... Would they open SW land this close to the holidays? That seems like asking for trouble to me. This is also 14 months out, maybe that is just the limit on when they are selling at this point.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'd say that's a guarantee. They know people are going to flood the parks on the big holidays, may as well soak them for an additional $20-30/person/day, right? That may end up being low by the time Iger finally vacates the CEO position in 2021.

Well, they were sort of doing that anyway by constantly raising prices and offering special discounts for the off-peak. Now, it's all just baked into the base price.

Slov72

You are right, December 16th seems to be the last day that you can book..... Would they open SW land this close to the holidays? That seems like asking for trouble to me. This is also 14 months out, maybe that is just the limit on when they are selling at this point.
You can pick December 16th as the starting date for a ten day ticket, which would take you through the end of the year and doesn't have any type of spike.

DisneyJoe

I do hope that they address the most common complaint I hear here, which is the plight of the 2-week visitor using a 5-6 day passport. Though for those in that plight, remember that the best way out of your bad situation is to get a 9 or 10 day passport. A 10-day passport is only $45 more expensive than a 5-day passport, or about 11% more.
If it is part of a MYW package, the 5-6 day ticket is good for the length of stay of the package.

Rteetz

I wouldn’t read into it yet.

MickeyMinnieMom

Another interesting side note: Forget all the online crowd calendars. The day-by-day pricing will tell you what WDW thinks will be crowded or not crowded (at least, overall, not park by park). You can scroll through the prices in the Spring and easily see what week Easter is and when Spring Break is in full gear just by the cost of the tickets.
Yup. Similar to how I loosely use the DVC point calendars. :)

Indy_UK

I've just looked on FloridaTix for UK guests for a 21 day pass. It allows to get tix for 2018, 2019 and 2020.

2018 it's £409 an adult.
2019 it's £449
2020 it's £520 an adult

That's a fixed increase of $65 or so per person per year.

This is just ludicrous

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I do hope that they address the most common complaint I hear here, which is the plight of the 2-week visitor using a 5-6 day passport. Though for those in that plight, remember that the best way out of your bad situation is to get a 9 or 10 day passport. A 10-day passport is only $45 more expensive than a 5-day passport, or about 11% more.
I hope so too, but that's a tiny fraction of guests.

Po'Rich

Wow! I bought 8 day tickets for my trip in May just before the change to seasonal pricing. For a family of 4, I paid $1700. Now, that same package costs $1947! I'm glad I bought before the change.

nickys

Premium Member
I've just looked on FloridaTix for UK guests for a 21 day pass. It allows to get tix for 2018, 2019 and 2020.

2018 it's £409 an adult.
2019 it's £449
2020 it's £520 an adult

That's a fixed increase of $65 or so per person per year.

This is just ludicrous

First thing, it’s cheaper from the U.K. Disney site!
Secondly, I’m surprised they’re selling for 2020 already, because the Disney site isn’t.
Thirdly, if you buy them direct, for about 9 months of the year you can get 21 days for the price of 14, so another reason not to use this site.

But yes, it is still a jump.

nickys

Premium Member
I hope so too, but that's a tiny fraction of guests.

Yes. But it also includes any DVCers (without APs) who stay longer and don’t do the parks every day. And those doing a Land, Sea, Land Cruise vacation. Who now have the flexible surcharge to pay to do what they did before at no extra cost.

As far as I can tell, this is adding an advantage to a package stay over room-only. But conversely, adding on days and/or activating tickets earlier becomes more of a quandary, if the tickets are going to expire sooner.

It may help cut down on throw away room bookings though, because you’d have to buy a longer ticket than you’d otherwise need in order to get that jump on FP bookings. Or pay the extra....

RSoxNo1

OK, you've updated your ticketing software to something unnecessarily complicated. Now that that's out of the way, can you fix My Disney Experience so that guests can once again connect with other guests? You should be able to connect with people through shared contacts but that hasn't worked for months.

DisneyJoe

I can remember the same type of complaints about how unnecessarily complicated things were in 2005 when Magic Your Way was introduced - oh the uproar!!!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It's easy to miss it with all the other price increase threads on here...

R8MD6k8.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
Yes. But it also includes any DVCers (without APs) who stay longer and don’t do the parks every day. And those doing a Land, Sea, Land Cruise vacation. Who now have the flexible surcharge to pay to do what they did before at no extra cost.

As far as I can tell, this is adding an advantage to a package stay over room-only. But conversely, adding on days and/or activating tickets earlier becomes more of a quandary, if the tickets are going to expire sooner.

It may help cut down on throw away room bookings though, because you’d have to buy a longer ticket than you’d otherwise need in order to get that jump on FP bookings. Or pay the extra....

OK, an update on the cruise tickets. A TA over on the DIS is reporting that there will be special cruise tickets, valid for up to 14 days, available from DCL. Not available online. Details are sketchy just now but they do seem to have addressed that.

However, room-only bookings and split stays with a package first, will not lengthen the validity of tickets. So definitely a plus in favour of packages there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom