News Disney to launch new Vacation Planning site to help guests with date-based tickets

MickeyMinnieMom

Disney did a survey years ago about what people felt about the Disney vacation process. Something ridiculously high number of guests said it was stressful, hard to plan, and hard to figure out as a new customer. MM+ was supposed to help, it didn't. Now we're just adding in more to think about and plan.
I get that and don’t doubt that they get complaints about complexity! I’ve heard this survey referenced a lot here — is this from insiders who post here, or something confirmed somewhere or even acknowledged by Disney? Just like to know what I’m dealing with. :)

Millenials, and the high wealth customers that Disney is so desperately trying to cater to, want turnkey solutions.
Two words: Travel Agent! No joke — this could be great business for them. Most “high wealth” people I know who have gone to WDW hire a TA who does EVERYTHING for them.

Who knows... we might see Disney capitalize and develop a TA option! ;)

RSoxNo1

So, does this also get away from getting a better price by purchasing multi-day tickets?
Doesn't look like it. It still looks like general Magic Your Way rules will apply you'll just be changing the "Base" price depending on your start date.

The interesting thing to manipulate is given the "grace" days how often it will be beneficial to start a trip a day earlier on paper. I suspect it's as I stated above and the only thing changing will be that base price with each incremental day being standard. If not, they're adding any additional level of variability here.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Here's how I would handle Disney ticketing.

All parks are $150 per day and include a free water bottle, one quick service meal, or $170 a day and include one table service meal, but no ADR's, no Fastpasses, everything is set up that day and you wait in regular lines.

Each additional day gets 10% off:

2-day tickets 10% off
3-day tickets 20% off
4-day tickets 30% off
5-day tickets 40% off

Simple, easy to understand.

Gillyanne

Any idea how this may effect things like the Military appreciation days tickets (or even just the regular discount tickets from ITT), or the FL resident discount tickets (that are non AP)??

MrHorse

The high wealth customer doesn't care. This is only "complicated" for average people who actually care about getting the best price / value. If you don't care what it costs and you just want to stay at the Poly for six nights in July, it won't take more than 10 minutes to book that package even under the new pricing model.

I'd beg to differ. In my experience, most people, wealthy or not, do not just say 'give it to me, regardless of price'. They still want to understand what they're paying and feel like they're not just leaving money on the table. I think at least as many as not, are going to look at that, see that it's complicated, and determine it isn't worth their effort to decipher it. Why deal with all this when there are much simpler options?

It's probably a bit of a moot point anyway. 'High Wealth' in the context of Disney's market is less genuinely wealthy customers and more middle-class families that are splurging on credit.

MrHappy

Here's how I would handle Disney ticketing.

All parks are $150 per day and include a free water bottle, one quick service meal, or $170 a day and include one table service meal, but no ADR's, no Fastpasses, everything is set up that day and you wait in regular lines.

Each additional day gets 10% off:

2-day tickets 10% off
3-day tickets 20% off
4-day tickets 30% off
5-day tickets 40% off

Simple, easy to understand.
At your discount ticket scale, I'd take the 11-day and go for free! ;)

CaptainAmerica

You think that's what you want, but it isn't. People would be lining up for Be Our Guest dinner at 9:00 AM. A regular family would never get a TS meal at a decent restaurant.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I'd beg to differ. In my experience, most people, wealthy or not, do not just say 'give it to me, regardless of price'. They still want to understand what they're paying and feel like they're not just leaving money on the table. I think at least as many as not, are going to look at that, see that it's complicated, and determine it isn't worth their effort to decipher it. Why deal with all this when there are much simpler options?

It's probably a bit of a moot point anyway. 'High Wealth' in the context of Disney's market is less genuinely wealthy customers and more middle-class families that are splurging on credit.

I've read somewhere that Disney generally targets the top 10%ers. In the US the cutoff for that range is around 130,000. At that income you are certainly comfortable but you also don't throw your money around like Ritche Rich.

FullSailDan

Or: "Hold my limited-edition cupcake..."

For $89.99* we'll reserve a special spot for you to eat your cupcake!

*Price only valid on tuesdays in the fall. Peak period cupcake zone entry is $95.99. Additional fees on saturdays and friday mornings. Location subject to change, original location may still be available for additional fee. Bookings open on the first wednesday 318 days in advance at 2:48 am. Admission not included. Frozen and Elsa cupcake excluded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom