News Disney to launch new Vacation Planning site to help guests with date-based tickets

dreamfinder

So did the date based ticketing go live? Or did someone post this early?

Edit: Helps to watch to the end where they post the go live date.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
4WLiZZN.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Does this effectively put ticket resellers like Undercover Tourist out of business? Or do we assume that those tickets will all be sold with the "flexible dates" option built in?

dreamfinder

Does this effectively put ticket resellers like Undercover Tourist out of business? Or do we assume that those tickets will all be sold with the "flexible dates" option built in?

For what it's worth, I do believe that both SDL and TDL use date based ticketing, and both work with Klook, a 3rd party reseller that I believe offers a slight discount (at least accepts discount codes you can easily find online).

LSLS

So, am I missing something, or is their math wrong? 4×85 is not $338. Also, is that price less than what a 4 day now costs?

DisneyDreamer08

Does anyone know if the daily prices vary by park? For example, if you get a 7/8 day base ticket, do you have to pre-select which park you’ll be going to?
I’m so glad we use a travel agent. This is too much even for me.

DisneyOutsider

Not necessarily. If they're adding $100 for the ability to have flexible dates and will obviously be charging a premium for high-demand days, lower-demand days will likely see a price reduction.

For a ticket in December? Price is going up... not to mention they're about due for an across-the-board price increase regardless.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I actually have no problem with the economics of this. Resort guests have been paying seasonal pricing for decades and nobody has a problem with it. This just makes planning unnecessarily complicated IMO.

For a ticket in December? Price is going up... not to mention they're about due for an across-the-board price increase regardless.
Christmas week, yes. The rest of December is some of the lowest-demand time all year.

Frequently Asked Questions
  • When will date-based tickets expire?
1-Day base tickets are valid for admission on the specific start date selected. Multi-day tickets are valid for admission beginning on the start date selected and must be used within a limited time period.
Ticket Duration
Valid Use Period
1-Day Ticket

Only the start date selected
2-Day Ticket
Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on the start date
3-Day Ticket
Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date
4-Day Ticket
Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on the start date
5-Day Ticket
Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date
6-Day Ticket
Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date
7-Day Ticket
Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date
8-Day Ticket
Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date
9-Day Ticket
Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date
10-Day Ticket
Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date

For example, a 6-day base ticket with a start date of Nov. 1, ticket is valid any 6 days from Nov.1 – Nov. 9.
Add the Park Hopper Option to visit more than one Theme Park on the same day. For example, a 6-day ticket with the Park Hopper Option with a start date of Nov. 1, ticket is valid any 6 days from Nov. 1 – Nov. 9.
Add the Park Hopper Plus Option to include visits to the Disney Water Parks and other attractions—along with the ability to visit more than one Theme Park on the same day. This option also extends the period of time within which you may use your ticket by one day. For example, a 6-day ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option with a start date of Nov. 1, ticket is valid any 6 days from Nov. 1 – Nov. 10.
  • When will tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company package expire?
Date-based tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package will have one of the following valid use periods (whichever is longer): (i) the same valid use period described above, OR (ii) a valid use period beginning on the package resort arrival date and ending on the package resort check-out date. See above for the explanation of valid use period and how valid use period is not the same as ticket duration.

For example, a Guest who purchases a Walt Disney Travel Company package with a 3-Day base ticket and a resort length of stay of 6 nights with an arrival date of Nov. 1; ticket is valid any 3 days from Nov, 1 – Nov. 7.
  • Why did you shorten the valid use window for tickets?
The new valid use window for tickets better aligns with observed Guest ticket usage patterns. Guests wanting additional flexibility can purchase a Flexible Date Ticket.
  • Will I need to pay more for my ticket if I already purchased it prior to Oct. 16?
No. Please be sure to check the specific terms and conditions on your ticket to confirm the expiration policy.
  • Are tickets able to be modified – what happens if a guest needs to change their date?
Yes, you will be able to modify tickets for your Clients prior to the ticket start date. And, for the first time, your Clients will be able to modify their own tickets online or through the Disney Reservation Center prior to the ticket start date. If the ticket is changed to a higher priced date, guest will be responsible for paying the difference in price. There will be no refunds to changes to lower priced dates. If modifications are needed after the ticket start date, guests must visit any Vacation Planning window.

DisneyOutsider

I actually have no problem with the economics of this. Resort guests have been paying seasonal pricing for decades and nobody has a problem with it. This just makes planning unnecessarily complicated IMO.

Christmas week, yes. The rest of December is some of the lowest-demand time all year.

Would you really bet on a price reduction? Would you advise someone to wait to buy their tickets? I think if they're lucky, the prices will stay the same for early Dec.

Yes, you will be able to modify tickets for your Clients prior to the ticket start date. And, for the first time, your Clients will be able to modify their own tickets online or through the Disney Reservation Center prior to the ticket start date. If the ticket is changed to a higher priced date, guest will be responsible for paying the difference in price. There will be no refunds to changes to lower priced dates. If modifications are needed after the ticket start date, guests must visit any Vacation Planning window.

Doesn't this mean you should just book for the cheapest date and adjust it in the future?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom