Disney to Change Passholder Blockout Dates?

Just4Pics

Original Poster
With rumors going around that Disney's attendance has not seen the increase they were hoping for with the opening of Pandora, is there any chance that they will reduce some of the summer blockout dates for passholders?

Universal has been known to do this.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
With rumors going around that Disney's attendance has not seen the increase they were hoping for with the opening of Pandora, is there any chance that they will reduce some of the summer blockout dates for passholders?

Universal has been known to do this.

No Disney will not...never have see it before and don't see it happening now. I would literally be shocked if they did. ;)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Ok. Thanks. I've had Universal passes do this quite a few times over the years so I thought I'd ask.

Not a problem and You are very welcome! That's what we are all here for is to help with questions. I don't ever remember Disney doing it but could have years ago long before I had an AP (been an AP off and on the last 10 years but always keep up with AP news/updates) but I don't think so. ;)

Calmdownnow

My reading of the latest AP offer for DVC members is that black-out dates have pretty much gone away as they are offering a 2018/19 Platinum Plus pass to DVC members for about the same price as the Gold AP which did have black-out dates, and people who had recently bought the Gold passes are being allowed to swop them out for the Platinum Plus.

Next Big Thing

My reading of the latest AP offer for DVC members is that black-out dates have pretty much gone away as they are offering a 2018/19 Platinum Plus pass to DVC members for about the same price as the Gold AP which did have black-out dates, and people who had recently bought the Gold passes are being allowed to swop them out for the Platinum Plus.
Could you post a link of this DVC offer... I haven't seen it but would love to take advantage!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Pandora has been a hit. What is down this year it seems is families vacationing at Disney over the summer. If I were to guess it's because they are pricing some middle class families out now...which might have been their plan for crowd control all along. Just raise prices continue to get more profit from those that do still visit

Kman101

Would be nice if they unblocked some passes but aside from doing it maybe for a day or two here and there they don't seem to usually do that. But it does seem summer has been slower than normal, the new "quiet" season? LOL

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

DVC APs are the same price as Fla Resident APs. However, this looks cheaper than the renewal rate for my Fla Resident Platinum Pass. I just might use this offer when I renew and forego the handy monthly payment plan. And finally visit a Disney water park....

Biff215

DVC APs are the same price as Fla Resident APs. However, this looks cheaper than the renewal rate for my Fla Resident Platinum Pass. I just might use this offer when I renew and forego the handy monthly payment plan. And finally visit a Disney water park....
For DVC, the 25% off makes the Platinum Plus pass the same price as the Gold pass. They ran a similar offer about four years ago, nice to get the water parks included and no blockout dates.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For DVC, the 25% off makes the Platinum Plus pass the same price as the Gold pass. They ran a similar offer about four years ago, nice to get the water parks included and no blockout dates.

At full price, correct?

LAKid53

Premium Member
At DVC prices. Only the Platinum Plus is further discounted through this promotion.

I know - I meant at full price vs. renewal...

I renewed my Platinum pass at $584 last year. This offer is $559...think I'm upgrading to the Plus in October.

rufio

Does anyone know if the renewal rate for the Platinum Plus is less than the rate for a new pass? We currently have the Gold pass and need to renew at the end of September, so the timing is perfect, but it looks like there's no difference in price whether you're buying new or renewing - it's $559 either way. Is this correct?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the renewal rate for the Platinum Plus is less than the rate for a new pass? We currently have the Gold pass and need to renew at the end of September, so the timing is perfect, but it looks like there's no difference in price whether you're buying new or renewing - it's $559 either way. Is this correct?

When I renewed my AP pass last year to the new Platinum pass, it was $584 for Fla Residents - a new pass is $679. So, yes, you get a discount when renewing - around the price of a one day ticket.

Thus, if you keep your Gold Pass on renewal, rather than taking the DVC offer, you will pay less. And keep the monthly payment plan offered for Florida residents - you must pay in full for a pass purchased through DVC.

Last edited:

Biff215

They don't mention renewals in this promotion, so I'm thinking it might be more than buying new in this case, or they'll just match it. Just don't pay more than $559 for a Platinum Plus pass.

JoeCamel

When I renewed my AP pass last year to the new Platinum pass, it was $584 for Fla Residents - a new pass is $679. So, yes, you get a discount when renewing - around the price of a one day ticket.

Thus, if you keep your Gold Pass on renewal, rather than taking the DVC offer, you will pay less. And keep the monthly payment plan offered for Florida residents - you must pay in full for a pass purchased through DVC.
You will get an extra month if you renew. That may skew the savings of moving up

LAKid53

Premium Member
You will get an extra month if you renew. That may skew the savings of moving up

I got an extra month when I renewed last year. The issue is paying it all upfront, rather than monthly payments. But I'll do that to get the Plus Pass for $30 less than what I renewed my now Platinum pass for last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom