Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

Phroobar

Recently found prototype for new People Mover.

iu

Nland316

With MMRR opening in a few months and Splash going down around the same time, I still am holding out hope that something in regards to this project is announced within the next year.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

…very unlikely
Another theory for why a TL revamp was not announced for D23 has to do with Disney starting the approval process for Disneyland Forward next year. One of the points for DL forward is to get some form of the Eastern Gateway built which would in turn allow DCA to put Hollywood Land out of it's misery and expand into the old transportation hub behind Monsters. And TBH, DCA needs more work than DL proper. DL got Galaxies Edge and now a revamped ToonTown followed up with the The Princess and the Frog re theme in 2024. It has gotten plenty of new things to do. DCA not so much. I think Disney wants to get Disneyland Forward approved, focus on DCA, and then turn back to DL and do a new TomorrowLand when the time is right and more can be invested in the park to make sure it's done right. A lot more is at stake with a TL revamp at DL than a HL revamp for DCA.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Another theory for why a TL revamp was not announced for D23 has to do with Disney starting the approval process for Disneyland Forward next year. One of the points for DL forward is to get some form of the Eastern Gateway built which would in turn allow DCA to put Hollywood Land out of it's misery and expand into the old transportation hub behind Monsters. And TBH, DCA needs more work than DL proper. DL got Galaxies Edge and now a revamped ToonTown followed up with the The Princess and the Frog re theme in 2024. It has gotten plenty of new things to do. DCA not so much. I think Disney wants to get Disneyland Forward approved, focus on DCA, and then turn back to DL and do a new TomorrowLand when the time is right and more can be invested in the park to make sure it's done right. A lot more is at stake with a TL revamp at DL than a HL revamp for DCA.
See…I think they’re heading into a prolonged recession, their stock has lost 50% of its peak value, and people show whether they spend 1 dime in the parks or not…

…but that’s just me.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

See…I think they’re heading into a prolonged recession, their stock has lost 50% of its peak value, and people show whether they spend 1 dime in the parks or not…

…but that’s just me.
One thing I am wondering is once Disney+ is profitable in 2024 and once we are past this expected worldwide recession in 2023 will Disney feel more comfortable investing in the parks again. Universal is having no problems investing in their parks in both Florida and Hollywood and if Disney does not step it up they will get left behind badly. But as they say, sometimes we got to learn the hard way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One thing I am wondering is once Disney+ is profitable in 2024 and once we are past this expected worldwide recession in 2023 will Disney feel more comfortable investing in the parks again. Universal is having no problems investing in their parks in both Florida and Hollywood and if Disney does not step it up they will get left behind badly. But as they say, sometimes we got to learn the hard way.
No streaming service is as profitable as Disney was claiming…that’s the main reason they’ve been getting thrashed in recent weeks. The smoke is starting to clear.

And that all aside…the problem with parks is the customers assume they feel compelled to add to parks when the same customers give them no incentive too. It’s a largesse society that has seen prices go up about 3X this century and yet they keep pushing the gates to get it.

Why would an awful board and management spend money that the numbers tell them they don’t have to?

TheDisneyParksfanC8

No streaming service is as profitable as Disney was claiming…that’s the main reason they’ve been getting thrashed in recent weeks. The smoke is starting to clear.

And that all aside…the problem with parks is the customers assume they feel compelled to add to parks when the same customers give them no incentive too. It’s a largesse society that has seen prices go up about 3X this century and yet they keep pushing the gates to get it.

Why would an awful board and management spend money that the numbers tell them they don’t have to?
Ah. But at the same time (at least in Florida) with Epic Universe opening and if that park (EU) is as successful as The Wizarding World was in 2010 and people flock to it and Disney's market share goes down, go can bet they will respond by adding new things to WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah. But at the same time (at least in Florida) with Epic Universe opening and if that park (EU) is as successful as The Wizarding World was in 2010 and people flock to it and Disney's market share goes down, go can bet they will respond by adding new things to WDW.
That’s assuming that Disney truly considers Comcast a “threat”?

They really never did in the past. And the effect was synergistic. The same reason why lowes and Home Depot are across the street from each other…target and Walmart…etc etc.

But Comcast in Orlando is in a position with the south campus to take a huge chunk. I know what twit Bob is thinking…”with more people in town, they won’t be able to resist no matter what we don’t do!!”

And he may be right. Maybe.
But the reality is this: they’re slow rolling construction of a clone coaster in magic kingdom…which they always do.

Should have been done last year.

But after? Nothing. Not a thing on their timeline. Soonest they could build anything is 2 years into epic universe now…probably longer.

Bad board. Bad management. And frankly stupid customers

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

That’s assuming that Disney truly considers Comcast a “threat”?

They really never did in the past. And the effect was synergistic. The same reason why lowes and Best Buy are across the street from each other…target and Best Buy…etc etc.

But Comcast in Orlando is in a positive with the south campus to take a huge chunk. I know what twit Bob is thinking…”with more people in town, they won’t be able to resist no matter what we don’t do!!”

And he may be right. Maybe.
But the reality is this: they’re slow rolling construction of a clone coaster in magic kingdom…which they always do.

Should have been done last year.

But after? Nothing. Not a thing on their timeline. Soonest they could build anything is 2 years into epic universe now…probably longer.

Bad board. Bad management. And frankly stupid customers
With Iger back at the realm, I bet he will take the Epic Universe more seriously than Chapek ever would have.

Nland316

Been messing around a bit with AI art, and threw my hat in to see what I’d like to see happen with TL. An update cannot come soon enough…

Attachments

• C4BCDD1C-D3C6-44C6-B224-16812781F55E.png
    C4BCDD1C-D3C6-44C6-B224-16812781F55E.png
    885.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 69E02598-7901-4726-9D34-735F0F2B99C0.png
    69E02598-7901-4726-9D34-735F0F2B99C0.png
    857.6 KB · Views: 64
  • C776CBAB-3CD2-4974-AA2C-39B411E7560E.png
    C776CBAB-3CD2-4974-AA2C-39B411E7560E.png
    743.2 KB · Views: 70
  • C8B8E1D9-9864-419C-8FA8-9C770C3A79C0.png
    C8B8E1D9-9864-419C-8FA8-9C770C3A79C0.png
    819.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DCD7A62B-5EE1-4317-B5FB-052AD18BF408.png
    DCD7A62B-5EE1-4317-B5FB-052AD18BF408.png
    968 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom