Disney ticket disaster

Gary Bramwell

Due to a serious accident we were unable to fly out on 17 Oct 16. We had purchased 7 adult and 3 child Disney/Universal switch tickets from Orlando Attraction Tickets in August which we have not been able to use and are not covered by our insurance. OAT can't/won't help as our tickets have been linked to our party. Disney are not interested in the slightest and just offered to sell us more tickets before wishing me "a magical day"!
Can tickets be un-linked or extended into 2017? We have offered to pay the additional sum for 2017 tickets. Has anyone else had a similar experience

mouse_luv

Due to a serious accident we were unable to fly out on 17 Oct 16. We had purchased 7 adult and 3 child Disney/Universal switch tickets from Orlando Attraction Tickets in August which we have not been able to use and are not covered by our insurance. OAT can't/won't help as our tickets have been linked to our party. Disney are not interested in the slightest and just offered to sell us more tickets before wishing me "a magical day"!
Can tickets be un-linked or extended into 2017? We have offered to pay the additional sum for 2017 tickets. Has anyone else had a similar experience
Hi and welcome! @wdwmagic can we get this moved so this new member can get some proper help? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

I don't understand your problem. Tickets are not linked to specific days unless they are for certain events like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or Halloween Horror Nights. The expiration countdown on multi-day, general admission tickets does not begin until your first entry into a park.

Upvote 0

Gary Bramwell

Original Poster
I don't understand your problem. Tickets are not linked to specific days unless they are for certain events like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or Halloween Horror Nights. The expiration countdown on multi-day, general admission tickets does not begin until your first entry into a park.
Tickets are only valid until end of 2016. The Company we purchased from won't take our tickets back/credit/extend because they say they have been linked to our names

Upvote 0

Gary Bramwell

Original Poster
My wife has broken her hip 8 weeks on crutches so can't get to go this year.I know the tickets expire 14 days after 1st use but they expire on 31/12/16 so we wont be using them at all.We plan on rebooking for maybe February next year and have asked Orlando attraction tickets and disney if the will extend them we have even offered to pay the price difference for next year but keep getting a no.We have 10 tickets so look like losing £4500 and having to fork out another £6000 next year.Just seems ridiculous why they won't extend.Apparently because we booked our fast passes (cancelled them before the dates)and have put names to our tickets nothing they can do.Can we unlink our names from them and sell them on?

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My wife has broken her hip 8 weeks on crutches so can't get to go this year.I know the tickets expire 14 days after 1st use but they expire on 31/12/16 so we wont be using them at all.We plan on rebooking for maybe February next year and have asked Orlando attraction tickets and disney if the will extend them we have even offered to pay the price difference for next year but keep getting a no.We have 10 tickets so look like losing £4500 and having to fork out another £6000 next year.Just seems ridiculous why they won't extend.Apparently because we booked our fast passes (cancelled them before the dates)and have put names to our tickets nothing they can do.Can we unlink our names from them and sell them on?
Do the tickets themselves say they expire at the end of the year or did someone tell you this?

Upvote 0

Gary Bramwell

Original Poster
No the tickets say they expire at the end of 2016.But you would have thought a multi billion company like Disney would sort it out we can provide medical proof.We have heard that universal will sort it(or they did last year for someone)and discovery cove have been brilliant and said we can either hold our reservation for 2 year's or obtain a full refund.why not Disney?

Upvote 0

unkadug

No the tickets say they expire at the end of 2016.But you would have thought a multi billion company like Disney would sort it out we can provide medical proof.We have heard that universal will sort it(or they did last year for someone)and discovery cove have been brilliant and said we can either hold our reservation for 2 year's or obtain a full refund.why not Disney?
Are these UK tickets?

Upvote 0

Gary Bramwell

Original Poster
Bought from Orlando attraction tickets.They keep saying there terms and conditions state no refund which they do but in the circumstances you would of thought someone would help?

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I would try calling the My Disney Experience help line (not the regular Disney Reservations number) at (407) 939-4357 to see if they can unlink the tickets from your account.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Disney tickets do not expire until after they are used the first time.

I'm calling BS on the OP. I'm not doubting that he is going to lose his money, but he did NOT buy Disney tickets as is obvious by his refusal to answer specific questions regarding his purchase.

Upvote 0

Gary Bramwell

Original Poster
Proper tickets they are like a credit card they state on them expire 31/12/16 bought from Orlando atraction tickets what questions am I not answering ? ?.All I want to know is if anyone has had this happen to them because between OAT and Disney nobody is helping.

Upvote 0

sjv

Are you sure that's the date, on the back of all my old tickets they have dates but I believe it's the date the ticket was Printed. The tickets I used this last april had a date of 02/20/2015. I would give disney another call . Good luck

Upvote 0

Gary Bramwell

Original Poster
20161023_113903.jpeg

Upvote 0

Gary Bramwell

Original Poster
This is the back of the ticket spoke to a helpful guy at Disney this morning apparently it's a disney/universa switch ticket exclusive to Orlando attraction tickets on therequest website it states expire's at the end of 2016 but on the actual card it doesn't say anything about expiring.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

This is the back of the ticket spoke to a helpful guy at Disney this morning apparently it's a disney/universa switch ticket exclusive to Orlando attraction tickets on therequest website it states expire's at the end of 2016 but on the actual card it doesn't say anything about expiring.

When you talked to Disney, they weren't able to remove the tickets from your account? Do you know anyone going to WDW this year that you could sell them to?

Upvote 0

21stamps

I booked fast passes using my linked non expiring tickets. 2 days later decided to purchase an AP. My non expiring are still in my account and they can stay there indefinitely.

That's a Disney ticket, not a Universal one. Not from what I can see anyway. Call the Help Desk you should be fine. They don't need to be unlinked from your account.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom