Disney Tests

BrerJon

Original Poster
In light of the discussions about whether Toy Story will become Fastpass+ only on a permanent basis, I wanted to ask people can anyone think of examples where Disney has been described as testing something that has not eventually become permanent, or is this a truly unique example?

I know Lucky the Dinosaur and Luxo Jr were tests, but they didn't stick around long, whereas talking Mickey was another test that is still around today AFAIK.

wendysue

So far, it seems like whenever they do a test, it eventually becomes the way it is done, even though if you call them and ask they will tell you that they have NO plans on doing so.. like when I called long ago and and said that I'd heard that we would have to call ahead and reserve rides. The response at that time was "We have no plans on doing that" :oops:

JIMINYCR

The story was that Luxo was pulled over a battle of infringement rights and also continuing maintenance issues. Lucky the Dinosaur was only meant to be at WDW for a limited time and after appearing there was sent to Hong Kong, never meant to be a permanent WDW feature. Then there was mechanical issues with him too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom