Disney testing new Express Fresh in-room dining

LAM378

I'm confused. Is this considered as something desirable, to just plunk food down outside my door? I kinda like having the waiter roll a table in and do just a bit of setup. If that's the only difference, I'll choose in-room setup every time.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but this type of service is probably very appealing to convention-goers. I'm guessing Disney thinks so too, based on where they're testing this out. Most likely it will arrive faster than traditional room service, and it's wrapped/portable. Counter service is lacking and inconvenient at YC in particular, and I'd bet this service will do well there.

21stamps

Have you seen a menu? Will it be mainly grab and go type prepackaged items they can deliver quickly?
This is what I'm wondering. Sandwiches and boxed lunches? Those are already available with normal in room dining...but it would be nice to order for a certain time and be left by your door. Maybe coordinate it for a time that you're returning to the room but don't want to deal with full service, and don't want to spend time stopping at the pool bar or QS. I guess that could be attractive to some people.

Texas84

Room service at The World?
whatno_zps4osccpj3.gif

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is what I'm wondering. Sandwiches and boxed lunches? Those are already available with normal in room dining...but it would be nice to order for a certain time and be left by your door. Maybe coordinate it for a time that you're returning to the room but don't want to deal with full service, and don't want to spend time stopping at the pool bar or QS. I guess that could be attractive to some people.

What's wrong with LEAVING IT IN THE ROOM!!!!, For crying out loud every Hilton I've ever stayed at delivers my LAUNDRY to my room.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For god sakes, Disney, just knock on my door and I'll take it into my room.....

When I saw the title of the new service, I thought, wow, a menu that wasn't the standard room service of sandwiches, pizza, maybe steaks and chicken. Like beautiful, fresh farm to table style food. Didn't realize they were really talking about dropping your meal on the floor in front of your door.

:rolleyes:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For god sakes, Disney, just knock on my door and I'll take it into my room.....

When I saw the title of the new service, I thought, wow, a menu that wasn't the standard room service of sandwiches, pizza, maybe steaks and chicken. Like beautiful, fresh farm to table style food. Didn't realize they were really talking about dropping your meal on the floor in front of your room.

:rolleyes:

At first glance that's what I thought too, Sadly no and I'm fortunate to be within half an hour of 2 really good farm to table restaurants which are our favorites for dining out.

21stamps

My fear is this will REPLACE in-room Dining and be another example of Disney only willing to provide Motel Six service levels while charging Four Seasons prices.
No way. Hopefully, no way. I think room service is pretty popular. Can't see that leaving.
What's wrong with LEAVING IT IN THE ROOM!!!!, For crying out loud every Hilton I've ever stayed at delivers my LAUNDRY to my room.
Maybe someone is heading back to the room, or relaxing in a robe, or just doesn't want to deal with anyone early in the morning.lol
I don't know, I doubt I'd use it, but I can see where it may come in handy. Especially if the QS is inconvenient to get to or typically crowded.

Nubs70

No way. Hopefully, no way. I think room service is pretty popular. Can't see that leaving.

Maybe someone is heading back to the room, or relaxing in a robe, or just doesn't want to deal with anyone early in the morning.lol
I don't know, I doubt I'd use it, but I can see where it may come in handy. Especially if the QS is inconvenient to get to or typically crowded.
Maybe they need to drop it at your door because there is no space in the tiny room to set anything up???

kbmum

I'd be okay with this as long as they knock and let you know the food is there. We're staying at Kidani this summer, which doesn't have a quick service restaurant, and I'd be happy to have this as an option.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I've often wished the mouse offered a service where my food is delivered in secret agent style, with a silent drop, and when I open the door, the food agent has disappeared into the ether. Maybe even have the meal on a timer to self destruct if not consumed in the correct manner. Kinda like Mission Impossible, but with food.

Wait....."often wished" isn't the phrase I was thinking of....ah, yes - "never wished" yes that was what I was after.

Yeah, "never wished." That's the one.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom