Disney testing FASTPASS at Fantasmic next week

Bolt

This one also doesn't seem so crazy to me. They have the dining package for this show so 25% of the theater was always reserved anyways for them.

ParentsOf4

And so begins the process of having to reserve a space for shows and parades....:(
IMHO, having the option to use FP+ experiences for shows & parades, meet & greets, or ADRs is a good thing.

Some WDW guests really care about these things. To them, these are more important than attractions. If they would rather use one of their (assumed) 3 FP+ experiences on these, it seems like this is a positive change. Disney is giving their guests the opportunity to use their limited FP+ experiences on what's most important to them.

For those who care more about attractions, this is positive since it means there will be fewer guests competing for attractions.

I'd rather have WDW increase overall capacity. However, since Disney clearly isn't doing this with MyMagic+, at least Disney is allowing its guests to prioritize what's most important to them.

Skooterkid

About time, I think. The Fastpass system for World of Color seems to work well, and the lines for Fantasmic! are crazy (to the extent that in my 16 years of visiting Walt Disney World I have never seen the show - that line always repels me, and I rarely stay in the park long enough to catch the late showing)...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It could be a good thing. If the limit of 3 FP+ per day holds to roll-out, this could very well tie up a good chunk of pre-arranged FP+'s. This would leave more available for other guests and other attractions.

MouseDreaming

I am not sure why they didn't implement FP for this years ago. I still haven't seen it at WDW because I don't want to stand and wait in that line. I also am not really thrilled with my restaurant choices for a Fantasmic package. Seems easy enough. Grab a FP and go do...whatever. And yes, once FP+ is available, it will tie up a good chunk of the crowd. And not being the type of person who enjoys being dropped repeatedly, or a roller coaster, this actually works in my favor.

PolynesianPrincess

This is probably the ONE show we would get a FP for. It's my sisters favorite nighttime show on property and the line is horrendous to wait in! And you can't see just how full the theater is until you walk all the way up to the theater. At least with MSEP you can just be walking down Main Street or in Fronteirland and say "ok, it's starting to get crowded here, let's grab a spot" I think this change is good.

sambres8

About time, I think. The Fastpass system for World of Color seems to work well, and the lines for Fantasmic! are crazy (to the extent that in my 16 years of visiting Walt Disney World I have never seen the show - that line always repels me, and I rarely stay in the park long enough to catch the late showing)...
That what I was going to say. I'm a big fan of the Fastpass system for WoC. That being said, if you want a decent spot you still have to show up 45 minutes early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom