Disney teasing new team-up franchise that isnt Avengers

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/09/disney-teases-new-franchise-beyond-avengers

Disney has teased a new Marvel movie franchise following next year's Avengers 4.

Per THR, Disney CEO Bob Iger discussed the future of the MCU during an earnings call, teasing there could be a brand new Marvel superhero team that's not the Avengers. "We meet on a regular basis with our Marvel team, and we've plotted out Marvel movies that will take us well into the next decade," Iger said.

"I'm guessing we will try our hand at what I'll call a new franchise beyond Avengers, but that doesn't necessarily mean you won't see more Avengers down the road," he added. "We just haven't made any announcements about that."

Iger also made sure to add there's still the possibility of having another Avengers movie after Avengers 4 since the franchise is so popular. Infinity War has already pass $1.16 billion at the worldwide box office, so it's not likely Disney would give that up entirely.

"Given the popularity of the characters and given the popularity of the franchise, I don't think people should conclude there will never be another Avengers movie," Iger said.

Princess Leia

erasure fan1

I'd say the best bet is the eternals. They have already laid some of the groundwork with explaining the celestials in my opinion. So it could be a good segway into it.

SosoDude

I know that the Defenders is already a television thing, but maybe they transition it to the big screen by replacing the members with some the already introduced characters like Dr. Strange, Valkery, Hulk, etc. Or they could do the West Coast Avengers with War Machine, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel... I don't know. I'm just spitballing a few ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom