Disney Studios: rides & attractions (REVISION)

KentB3

Original Poster
I have made a few revisions to list of rides and attractions for Disney Studios, which is my second theme park in my proposed Disney theme park resort; including the addition of a Harry Potter ride and combining of AFI Showcase and That's Entertainment! Hollywood Gallery, since both of these sounded far too similar!

Once again, Disney Studios consists of four soundstages (with room for expansion if/when the need for more soundstages ever comes up), plus two additional studios in a building together designed specifically for Television Production called ABC-Disney Channel Studios. In addition, Disney Studios will include a backlot (complete with Residential Street and Catastrophe Canyon), an animation studio, as well as the Earfell Tower, which is an actual working water tower for the studio and park, unlike Disney-MGM's oversized prop! Here is what I now have:

Rides/attractions denoted by (FP) will use the FastPass service.

1.) American Film Institute Showcase: This is similar to Disney-MGM's AFI Showcase, but considerably larger in size and consisting mostly of permanent exhibits, with some that that change from time-to-time (all of Disney-MGM's AFI Showcase exhibits change periodically). American Film Institute Showcase focuses on Hollywood and the entertainment industry in general; and includes various Hollywood-related exhibits, artifacts, and memorabilia.

2.) Cinemagic Special Effects Stage (FP): This is a live stage show focusing on special effects for TV and motion pictures; which also includes audience participation in a number of segments!

3.) Disney Sound Studio: At The Disney Sound Studio, guests add sound effects to various Disney cartoons! This is an almost completely "hands-on" attraction, unlike the Sounds Dangerous show with Drew Carey, which currently runs at Disney-MGM.

4.) The Great Movie Ride: Although similar to The Great Movie Ride at Disney-MGM, this ride will have primarily different scenes from its Disney-MGM counterpart. I was planning on having primarily different scenes from Disney-MGM's GMR. So far, the only scenes I can think of which will remain the same are The Wizard of Oz and Singing In the Rain. Fantasia will be considerably longer, with a somewhat longer sequence with Mickey as The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and maybe another short scene or two. For the other Fantasia scenes (which will be considerably shorter than The Sorcerer's Apprentice), I was leaning towards one of the Nutcracker scenes; possibly either The Chinese Dance with the mushrooms or The Russian Dance with the thistles-- or possible even both! Here are a couple of midi files of these songs:

Chinese Dance:
http://www.kidsdomain.com/holiday/xmas/music1/n/nut5chin.mid
Russian Dance: http://www.diskuspublishing.com/russian.mid

Mary Poppins will remain as well, but with a completely different scene. Disney-MGM's ride uses the Chim Chim Cher-ee scene, whereas mine will use the Supercalafragilisticexpilaladocious musical number scene from Mary Poppins. Here is a midi file, in case you're not familar with the song, and for your listening enjoyment even if you are!

http://www.momentus.com.br/sound/Jazz/super.mid

As for the other scenes, not sure yet. However, I will replace the Hollywood Musical scene from Disney-MGM's GMR. Disney-MGM's ride has the By a Waterfall musical number from Footlight Parade (1933). In its place, my GMR will use the We're In the Money musical number scene from Gold Diggers of 1933. Here is a URL with song lyrics and an attached midi file:

http://www.harrywarren.net/songs/0140.htm

5.) The Great Muppet Movie Ride: This is basically a spoof of the Great Movie Ride; where The Muppets give riders their takes on various classic motion pictures; such as Frankenstein, The Wizard of Oz, and Peter Pan, just to name a few; along with an original entitled Pigs In Space: The Movie. Also, about halfway throught the ride, we'll re-create the HILARIOUS scene from The Muppet Movie, where the films jams in the projector and breaks halfway through the movie! In this scene, Kermit asks what happened, and The Swedish Chef (who is also the projectionist) responds, with film wrapped all over his body! Here is a sound byte of this scene:
http://users.ev1.net/~russ3/WavFiles/chef.wav

The Great Muppet Movie Ride was in fact planned for Disney-MGM, but was put off due to Jim Henson's death in 1990.

6.) Harry Potter: The Ride: Themed to the series of Harry Potter books and movies, Harry Potter: The Ride is sort of a combination of The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours, giving guests a ride through of the Hogwarts Castle and Grounds, with depictions of various scenes and events from the various Harry Potter books and movies!

7.) Hyperion Theatre: This is a large theater designed much like a movie palace cinema from the Golden Era of Hollywood. Hyperion Theatre presents a multi-character (using characters from various Disney cartoons together) similar (but not exactly the same!) to the show currently running on The Disney Cruise Line-- especially since I have heard a lot of good things about that show! ;)

8.) Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (FP): I know Disney-MGM has this, but I decided to include Indy since I think that this is one of their very best shows!

9.) Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3-D (FP)

10.) Lights, Motors, Action! (FP): Similar to the motor stunt show currently running at Disney-MGM's and the Walt Disney Studios (Paris) show.

11.) The Magic of Disney Animation: This is an actual working animation studio, which produces and demonstrates for guests 3 different types of animation!:
a.) 3-D Computer Animation (hopefully, a facility which would rival Pixar or Dreamworks!)
b.) Cel Animation
c.) Computer Animation

The tour begins in the Disney Animation Theater, where guests will be greeted by their tour guide, and treated to a whimsical explanation of how Disney animators bring characters to life, . This segment is co-hosted by various Disney characters, in a film/video who join the tour guide in the pre-show in introducing the magic of Disney animation to the guests, each representing their respective type of animation! The tour guide even talks back and forth with the characters, giving the impression that they're actually interacting with these characters! Here are the characters assisting the tour guide(s) in the preshow:

a.) Traditional Cel Cartoon Animation: Peter Pan, along with Tinker Bell (who provides healthy doses of Pixie Dust and other effects of animation magic!) This segment is also a bit of a holdover from the original preshow at Disney-MGM, and may include a number of similarities as well!

b.) 3-D Computer Animation: Buzz Lightyear

c.) Clay Animation: Clay, a little boy made of a ball of yellow clay (hence the name!), who periodically shows up on Playhouse Disney on the Disney Channel!

After the preshow, the tour guide takes the guests on an extensive tour of the facility, where animators can be shown at work! After that, the tour guide takes the guests to an interactive area, where guests can learn a few tricks of the animation trade! IIRC, the animation studio at Walt Disney Studios (Paris) has an interactive area like this one.

12.) Monsters, Inc. dark ride

13.) Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage!

14.)
A VERY intense indoor roller coaster similar to Rock & Roller Coaster at Disney-MGM, but with a different track layout and theme. I was seriously considering a Disney Villians theme to the ride! (FP)

For the most intense part of the ride, I plan to use Malificent (from Sleeping Beauty). Here, Malificent will say something menacing to the riders, and then suddenly turn into a fire-breathing dragon, as riders take a VERY sharp inversion to avoid her!!!!! :eek:

15.) Star Tours (FP)

16.) Studio Tour: Behind the Scenes

17.) Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
(FP)

18.) Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Play It!

PARADE: Disney Studios will feature a Hollywood-themed parade similar to the Lights, Camera, Action! parade at Walt Disney Studios (Paris). Like the WDS parade, this parade will use actual parade floats instead of the antique cars used in Disney-MGM's parade. One of the most memorable floats from the Walt Disney Studios parade, which will also be used here, is a giant movie projector float with Tinker Bell sitting in front of the projector's lens!

In addition, the parade at Disney Studos will include Hollywood-theme songs/show tunes such as Hooray For Hollywood, There's No Business Like Show Business, You Ought to Be in Pictures, and That's Entertainment!; just to name a few!

Last but certainly not least, Disney Studios runs the Sorcery In the Sky fireworks show every night.

I also have here a list of possible lands/streets for Disney Studios:

1.) Animation Courtyard
2.) The Backlot
3.) Hollywood Boulevard
4.) Muppets Courtyard (which includes The Great Muppet Movie Ride and Muppet*Vision 3-D)
5.) New York Street
6.) Production Courtyard
7.) Sunset Boulevard

As for the layout, I may get started on my maps soon, but haven't come up with anything yet. One thing I wanted to do was make my Disney Studios park easier to navigate that Disney-MGM or Walt Disney Studios, and with fewer dead ends in the layout. So far, I am considering having the studios on the left side instead of the right where Disney-MGM places theirs, to make it different. Also, I was considering placing the backlot/Residential Street/Catastrophe Canyon in the back behind the studios on the left, and placing Lights, Motors, Action! in the back, but on the right side, parallel with Catastrophe Canyon. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions concerning the layout of my Disney Studios park, please post them here! All other questions comments, and or suggestions are welcome too.

I look forward to hearing from you! :)

KentB3

Original Poster
Kfaux34 said:
KentB3,
You sure do have a lot of good points. I have the game Roller Coaster Tycoon. Would it be neat to see the park using that?
Thanks
Kevin
kevinfaux@shaw.ca

You're on DisneyCentral, aren't you? If so, I remember you asking me the same thing! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom