Disney Stores to start offering World of Disney Store-like merchandise

Cmdr_Crimson

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/26/media/disney-store/index.html

I know this is not very big news, but this is awesome!

(If the title of this thread is slightly misleading, I do apologize. This was my take on the article.)

Wonder if someone at Disney heard my complaints about the Disney Stores not catering to the older generations...:cautious:

Sadly the only Adult related things is the very small Shirt selections they have in a table in the middle of their stores.....Unless you go to an Outlet Store and they sell park merch it's a different story..

brb1006

I miss when Disney Stores used to sell unique Snowglobes in the early 2000's. I still own my Pinocchio and Figaro snowglobe that is also a music box. Ever since they stopped selling the snow globes, it no longer made the Disney Store fun to shop at since the snow globes were at least interesting for people of all ages to get and was a breath of fresh air from the other Disney merchandise geared toward younger audiences (Not counting the Christmas ornaments)

Sadly current Pinocchio snowglobe that I own no longer has the key part since it got broken and currently missing so it no longer plays music (Braham Waltz) and the Jiminy Cricket figure was broken years ago and is also missing.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Sadly the only Adult related things is the very small Shirt selections they have in a table in the middle of their stores.....Unless you go to an Outlet Store and they sell park merch it's a different story..
Are you referring to current Disney Store outlet shops?

Phineas

This is very welcome news.

Bring back the Disney Store of the mid-late 90s, I say. Our mall used to have a wonderful Disney Store, complete with a gallery that sold adult collectibles and art, along with a decent selection of adult apparel and watches. Then it closed for remodeling, and when it reopened it was completely devoid of anything not aimed at children.

Every time I go to the mall, I go to the Disney Store out of some sort of guilty obligation-maybe this time they'll have something that isn't a plush toy or doll set-and I always leave empty-handed.

A guy can only have so many Disney mugs!
(And I do have so many Disney mugs. :cautious:)

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Isn't that a dance number in The Music Man?
I think that was Shipoopi
ys9tupd.gif

castlecake2.0

This is very welcome news.

Bring back the Disney Store of the mid-late 90s, I say. Our mall used to have a wonderful Disney Store, complete with a gallery that sold adult collectibles and art, along with a decent selection of adult apparel and watches. Then it closed for remodeling, and when it reopened it was completely devoid of anything not aimed at children.

Every time I go to the mall, I go to the Disney Store out of some sort of guilty obligation-maybe this time they'll have something that isn't a plush toy or doll set-and I always leave empty-handed.

A guy can only have so many Disney mugs!
(And I do have so many Disney mugs. :cautious:)

You should start seeing this change come October and then grow through the holiday season

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Yep. It's like a Tsum Tsum but slightly different but really it's the same thing. Just look for it on google images. They are currently available in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Paris.
I knew it looked familiar!

So now instead of Pillsbury Cookie dough package-like shaped stuffed animals we will now have egg-like shaped stuffed animals...great.

prberk

I too liked the Disney Stores in the beginning that had items for Disney enthusiasts as well as for families and kids. They did it right back then, until they overexpanded, then they rebranded everything to be cheap kids' things. I liked the books about Walt and Art of Animation, the real MM watches, the adult T-shirts, all along with the kids' things you would expect.

It was classy. I remember that Michael Eisner had envisioned them as a little bit of the parks in your local area. And the imagineers had designed the fixtures that way, as a mix of practical and exceptionally detailed. They were destination stores, and should still be today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom