News Disney stores inside Disney Springs area resort hotels permanently closed

MonorailCoral

This seems almost like it'll look worse for the hotels than for Disney - making them seem less partner-ish to guests.
As long as the funny-looking busses with insider-level drivers and annoying videos keep making their rounds to and from the parks, I don't think this alone will change anyone's impression of the partnerships.

lewisc

I thought, without any evidence to support it, the Disney stores in the Hotel Plaza resorts was part of the deal which gave guests of those hotels access to resort guest extra hours and FP60.

nicb88

I can only imagine that they think ‘Well they’re only 10 minutes from Disney Springs so they can just walk there.’

Detracts somewhat from the magic of buying your little souvenir just on your way back to bed. But I guess cost savings must make this a no brainer for them?

Jon81uk

When we stayed at the Hilton the only reason I went into that Disney store was to buy headache pills. For souvenirs we bought at the park or Downtown Disney. Someone in our group picked up their convention-rate tickets from there too I think. In the age of FP+ I don't think they would be doing many on-the-day ticket sales anymore either.

Its very similar even at the Disney resorts for me really, we take a look at the resort specific stuff, but I'm more likely to use the store as a store for snacks, drinks, and essentials such as nail cutters or other bits and bobs. There are better places to get souvenirs from.

UNCgolf

Its very similar even at the Disney resorts for me really, we take a look at the resort specific stuff, but I'm more likely to use the store as a store for snacks, drinks, and essentials such as nail cutters or other bits and bobs. There are better places to get souvenirs from.

Now that they've basically homogenized all stores across the property, both in the parks and out, to sell the same assortment of items (absent some resort/attraction specific things), you can sometimes find stuff in the resort shops that are sold out in the parks.

My GF really wanted one of those sleeping Dumbo plush things, but every single store we went in both in the parks and at Disney Springs had tons of the other characters but no Dumbos. We had dinner at the California Grill one night and dropped in the shop at the Contemporary while waiting for our reservation time, and lo and behold, they had two Dumbos.

TJJohn12

This is a little disappointing to me, as when I stayed at one of these hotels for a conference, the gift shop was the location to get the discounted "After 4" tickets for conference attendees. Hoping to see that end of the partnership - in-lobby ticket sales for conference attendees and guests - continue at very least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom