Disney Store to Disney World

grimgringhost

Original Poster
Hey, this is for all you wonderful cast members out there (i'm not being sarcastic, i love you guys) Would my chances of being hired at Disney World later be better if I decided to work at the Disney Store now? Cause I know I'm gonna work there in a few months, so I was kinda wondering. My dream has been to get a job there since I was 7 when I first visited WDW.

cm1988

Originally posted by grimgringhost
...chances of being hired at Disney World later... work at the Disney Store now?

Thank you for the diplomatic note! A kind word is a great way to start a weekend day.

I.M.H.O., your chances of landing a Merchandise role at WDW after accomplishing a good working record at a Disney Store are about 100%. More than that, it should increase your chances of finding a full-time role. You should be able to transfer within the company.

As I'm sure you know, finding any employment is a competitive process... the odds determined by the number of jobs vs. the number of applicants. Those odds get more favorable at WDW when -
  • A new resort, major attraction or large store opens
  • Attendance increases (due to time of year or general trends)
  • TImes of low unemployment (e.g. other properties opening, competing for the labor)
Because of those factors... which rise and fall... the odds are always changing. If you can afford to wait, at some point they'll be in your favor. But even if you don't wait, you could be that person who does well even in the most competitive circumstances! With apologies for repeating myself, I'd like to quote other factors listed in this post. And, again, best of luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom