Disney Store Outlets

shoppingnut

Original Poster
We went to the Disney Catalogue Store Outlet this weekend in Rehoboth Beach, DE. We were chatting with the store employees and we ended up talking about the outlet stores and how there used to be a Childcraft outlet in NJ that carried disney merchandise and how sad we were when it closed. The woman told us that the new owners of the Disney Store's were planning on opening outlets, but they would be different from the Catalogue outlets. Any way you slice it, we were totally excited that there might be an outlet with disney merchandise opening up closer to us. This store is about a 3 hour drive, so we only make the pilgrimage every so often, usually after receiving a sale postcard in the mail.

tigsmom

We had a Disney Character Warehouse here in Woodbury Commons that was very popular. Maybe we'll get one on the new ones. Thanks for the info. :wave:

maelstrom

tigsmom said:
We had a Disney Character Warehouse here in Woodbury Commons that was very popular. Maybe we'll get one on the new ones. Thanks for the info. :wave:

I hope so. Woodbury needs some good stores.

kewlgrl127

There is a Disney Store Outlet opening at Woodbury Commons sometime next month. It will be owned by the Children's Place just like the Disney Stores are.

Woody13

There are 7 Disney Catalog Outlet Stores in the U.S. in the following locations:

Foley, Alabama
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Branson, Missouri
Jonesville, South Carolina (Closed January, 2006)
Sevierville, Tennessee
San Marcos, Texas
Woodbridge, Virginia

They are not part of the CP. They are still owned and operated by Disney. Edit: Now, all of the Disney Outlet Stores are owned and operated by The Children's Place.

Jedi-Bob

I think the Outlet Store in In Woodbury Commons opened today...or tomorrow. I hear it is all the same stuff for the same prices. Typical OUTLET MALL nonsence.

kewlgrl127 said:
There is a Disney Store Outlet opening at Woodbury Commons sometime next month. It will be owned by the Children's Place just like the Disney Stores are.

weluvtink

As far as I know, anything that was a catalog outlet will become a Disney Store outlet. We are supposed to be opening one soon here in NJ at the Jackson Outlets. Some of the new outlets will carry some regular priced merchandise along with marked down items.

Woody13

lindseesmom said:
Can you tell me where in Sevierville, TN the Disney outlet is located?Thanks!
It used to be at 1645 Parkway #800 - Tanger Five Oaks Oultet - Sevierville, TN 37862 (862) 774-0888. However, since The Children's Place took over all the stores, they closed several of the Disney Outlet Stores. So, I don't know if it's still in operation or not.

IMO, most of the Disney Outlet Stores now contain mostly junk. :wave:

celticdog

The store in Edinburgh, Scotland is nicely stocked with umbrellas. Which was greatly needed. It was the one place that we found them at a reasonable price.

Woody13

celticdog said:
The store in Edinburgh, Scotland is nicely stocked with umbrellas. Which was greatly needed. It was the one place that we found them at a reasonable price.
And that Disney Store is owned by Disney, not Children's Place. :wave:

shoppingnut

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
And that Disney Store is owned by Disney, not Children's Place. :wave:

Just like the one here in NYC on Fifth Avenue. They have lots of merchandise that they carry in the World of Disney store in the marketplace. I love the fact that it is only five blocks from my office and I can walk there.

zookeeper2b

Jonesville Outlet is Still Open!

Reading through some of the posts and noticed that someone stated the Jonesville Outlet in SC is closed. I am heading that way today and called to be sure they were open.

They are open Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am - 4pm.

bluefaery

Woody13 said:
There are 7 Disney Catalog Outlet Stores in the U.S. in the following locations:

Foley, Alabama
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Branson, Missouri
Jonesville, South Carolina (Closed January, 2006)
Sevierville, Tennessee
San Marcos, Texas
Woodbridge, Virginia

They are not part of the CP. They are still owned and operated by Disney. Edit: Now, all of the Disney Outlet Stores are owned and operated by The Children's Place.

There is a new DSO in Round Rock, Texas. It just opened today.

Woody13

I feel compelled to point out that I posted the information about the Disney Outlet Stores back in February, 2005. The outlet stores were then owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company and had real CM’s working in those locations. There have been a lot of changes since that time.

All the Disney Outlet Stores are owned and operated now by The Children’s Place. Disney has nothing to do with those stores any more. They are just another retail outlet that sells Disney merchandise. As a matter of fact, they have a very limited stock of Disney items. You can find more and better Disney merchandise at Wal-Mart, Target and Kmart. The Disney Outlet Stores are not outlet stores at all, except in name.

However, never fear, there are some real Disney outlet stores out there! They are owned and operated by Disney and they have real CM’s working in all the stores. The New York store is, of course, a real Disney store. As mentioned last year by tigsmom ( :wave: ), there are some other stores that go by the name, “Disney Character Warehouse”. These stores are the real thing! The stores on the east coast are run by WDW and deal in WDW merchandise and the ones on the west coast are run by and deal in Disneyland merchandise.

So remember, only the Disney Times Square store in New York and the Disney Character Warehouse stores are real Disney owned and operated stores in the USA. :wave:

fishcapone

jonesville sc outlet

I live in rock hill sc, and it took us over an hour to get there, on back roads. Of course there is not many stops for my wife to ______. When you first drive up the place is huge, then you realize that the store is only at the front. Then.... you realize its only in the corner at the front. It was soooo small, only about 400 square feet of area. It is only open tuesday thursday and friday, from 10am to 4pm. we got there around 12pm. Every shelf was empty. There was a few boxes on the floor full of overstock stuff. They had some costumes that looked like the incredibles, but they wouldnt let you open the packages, so i dont know. There was one rack that was full of sweatshirts and stuff, but they all have people's names already written on them. One had worlds greatest grandmother, and all her kids names written on it...We were in the store for about 15 minutes and had to go back to the car for a second to do a baby cleanup. When we came back the door was locked. We knocked and another customer inside let us in. They were attempting to close early. There was only 2 employees working there, and one looked like she had been in an accident, and told me she wanted to go home to take some pain pills for her face. All i ended up buying was a googly pen for my son to play with on the way back home. As we were leaving, an employee told me that wholesellers come in every morning and buy out everything. She told my wife some people had been waiting since 7:30am. Must be some great deals, but the public doesnt get a chance, even though they have a sign inside saying "we reserve the right to Limit the amount of items you purchase". :mad:

fishcapone

point about outlets

also, this IS a disney owned operation. It is a distribution center it looks like. Its over 500,000 sqare feet i would guess. Good luck finding it though lol.:ROFLOL:

DisneyGigi

It used to be at 1645 Parkway #800 - Tanger Five Oaks Oultet - Sevierville, TN 37862 (862) 774-0888. However, since The Children's Place took over all the stores, they closed several of the Disney Outlet Stores. So, I don't know if it's still in operation or not.

IMO, most of the Disney Outlet Stores now contain mostly junk. :wave:

It is still in the same place (Tanger) and still open. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom