Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Magic Kingdom

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Epcot

Votes: 47 83.9%

• Total voters

Sonconato

Original Poster
I just went to Disney Springs yesterday, and I thought it was beautifully done. It appeared to be an expensive change, so I wondered where you thought it should go.

Wdw62114

Epcot is in such a sad sad state. With all the amazing technology now and protypes of ideas and products for the future, there's so much potential to have like a worlds fair type set up to show the latest and greatest. Educational and fun for all ages to enjoy. They could host demonstrations and do interactive stations. Its a shame how they just kinda gave up on that especially now since tech is far more superior than ot was in the 80s
Disney springs.....its gorgeous and a big upgrade but lets face it, its an upscale disney shopping mall. Goes to show its all about the almighty dollar. I dont blame them for wanting to make more money, but i want something more fun :p:)

JIMINYCR

I'd have liked to see EP get the upgrade but I think Disney was looking at the return of investment being greater by improving Downtown and giving more reason for locals to come spend money. They know guests will probably shop one or two days of their vacation at DS. That will add to the profits, but the locals dining and shopping more frequently at more unique places outside of the parks is where the real cash will roll in.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm like everyone else who voted and said EPCOT. DS looks like it is beautiful and offers another option for families. EPCOT has so much potential it's not even funny. All of the infrastructure is already there, it just needs a proper investment. Future World needs a lot of attention. One by one each could be shut down and totally brought up to the 21st century. The empty pallivions need well thought vision.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Why isn't Dinoland USA an option...? This needs to be an option... It's so sad that hardly anyone is even remembering it exists now, huh.

Sonconato

Original Poster
Why isn't Dinoland USA an option...? This needs to be an option... It's so sad that hardly anyone is even remembering it exists now, huh.
I agree, but I just figured that since Animal Kingdom is getting the Avatar addition and Hollywood Studios is getting Star Wars Land, I just didn't add them.

FutureCEO

I just went to Disney Springs yesterday, and I thought it was beautifully done. It appeared to be an expensive change, so I wondered where you thought it should go.

I went for the first time since it changed. Other than to eat at a restaurant, I will not go back. Even to the Marketplace side.

Disvillain63

Epcot needs the love. Although Disney Springs looks nice, it is not where we spend our time. We usually make one trip there before we leave. We don't look to DS for dining and entertainment every visit. Also, if it's not in Marketplace, then we really aren't interested on a Disney trip to shop there.

HauntedMansionFLA

Epcot needs the love. Although Disney Springs looks nice, it is not where we spend our time. We usually make one trip there before we leave. We don't look to DS for dining and entertainment every visit. Also, if it's not in Marketplace, then we really aren't interested on a Disney trip to shop there.
DS think missed an opportunity when they didn't put some family friendly attractions like a cool looking Disney Character mini golf area. Make it fun and family friendly. That's the kind of thing that children will remember the rest of their life. Make it fun for the kids so they don't think DS is boring. That's what I would hear kids say about Downtown Disney.

Goofyernmost

Not the same pocket as the theme parks. Disney Springs is a retail development paid for and supported by tenants of the development. Investment in the parks is always subject to guessing what return happens for the investment. In other words, not a single dollar of what they have spent would have been used for anything in any of the parks. In fact, it is likely that it came from borrowed money that will be paid back over time by the tenants from rents paid.

BigRedDad

Of course the Execs are going to spend money where more money can come from. They already have the money for the parks. Disney Springs is a free space where people will go to spend money. Money that Disney did not get out of you before.

DisneyFans4Life

IMO, upgrades were needed all over the park. We can go back and forth on which park needed it, but at the end of the day, ALL parks could use something.

For me, I'm happy that Disney Springs got some love because it was pretty basic before and for Disney to keep up with City Walk, something needed to be done to Disney Springs.

At the end of the day, you're already seeing Epcot and AK get some love...so over the next few years the parks should really start shaping up.

Jimmy Thick

Epcot has been a living breathing theme park since it opened. Have people forgotten the almost complete blank area in between Marketplace and West Side?

Yeah, I think Disney Springs was indeed the correct move.

Jimmy Thick- How quick they forget in haste to bash.

jmillig

The great thing about Disney is that it is truly a living entity! While the refurb to Disney Springs might not have been what everyone wanted, it was needed. I am sure that as time goes on we will see more and more things changing throughout the other Disney Parks.

Like others have said, I would love to see EPCOT catch up to the amazing technological advances that have been made. As of right now, may of the things at Innovations are gimmicky and it could really use a boost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom