Disney Springs Unveils New High-Tech Reservation Finder

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Writing and erasing on a pre-printed whiteboard is high-tech, right?

Disney Springs has new wait times board for restaurants

1522303257530.png

And they have giant directory monitors that they don't use for this. <shrug>

If this was just 3 days later...

trainplane3

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree, I don't get why they would pay someone to update the sign throughout the day instead of just having it on a monitor.

I'm willing to bet it was the brain-child of the Disney guest relation folks who have to field questions of restaurant availability a thousand times a day. Since they have to mill about all day anyway, it looks like they have someone with a walkie-talkie hit all the restaurant host stands and radio in updates.

trainplane3

mm121

Writing and erasing on a pre-printed whiteboard is high-tech, right?

Disney Springs has new wait times board for restaurants

View attachment 272978

And they have giant directory monitors that they don't use for this. <shrug>

If this was just 3 days later...

are restaurantes like moritomo really truly full to the point that they are "reservations only" or does that mean that they only brought in staff for the day to cover the reservations and not walkins?

the time i tried to go there it was 1/2 empty but still like a 2 hour wait

makes no sense to build a huge place then leave it empty

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
are restaurantes like moritomo really truly full to the point that they are "reservations only" or does that mean that they only brought in staff for the day to cover the reservations and not walkins?

the time i tried to go there it was 1/2 empty but still like a 2 hour wait

makes no sense to build a huge place then leave it empty
Yes and yes.

Both happen at pretty much every restaurant on property.

Jim Chandler

We saw the same issue at a vacation we took in Vancouver BC. We were told the issue was Just a lack of employees. They could not find enough workers to fill all their requirements. Empty seats in a restaurant is lost money. The percentage of profit for a restaurant in comparison to other businesses is minuscule.
Disney restaurants are no different they do not want half empty restaurants due to lack of employees. Last time I was there one of the servers told us he could work wherever he wanted because of the lack of Employees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom