Disney Springs to get new signs

deeevo

Wish they would replace this sign off World Dr. Drive me crazy every time we see it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 491

Monorail_Red_77

the green signs that you see near WDW are state or county maintained. They are not maintained by Disney. Only signs that are on property are maintained by Disney. They are still purple and they are updated frequently. I have seen several new Purple signs or parts of signs as they relate to Disney Springs, etc. being updated on property.

Way better than the old brown signs of the 1980's and before.

hpyhnt 1000

The purple way finding signage that you now see across the resort, while designed in the late 80s, still holds up quite well in my opinion. It certainly helps distinguish when you are or aren't on Disney property. And for the most part RCID (is that who actually oversees signage?) stays on top of it and updates it as needed.

Plus, as @WhatJaneSays noted, quite a bit of thought went into the final product. Sussman-Prejza were the design consultants. The color scheme was intended to be unique and pay homage to Mickey Mouse, and a whole hierarchy was developed to help guide guests across (what was then) a rapidly expanding resort. The whole package was designed to be memorable, but also legible and practical. And I think they pulled it off rather well...

http://www.sussmanprejza.com/sites/default/files/Disney Euro.pdf
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...9002183365_1_trendy-colors-mickey-mouse-signs

So then next time you're on property, remember that the road signs weren't done on a whim or only to be cute. A lot of effort went into them, and the fact that the same basic guidelines are still used nearly 30 years later is testament to how well they were designed.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I also like the purple. It signifies that you in the Disney bubble, baby!

Isn't it interesting how many of us can appreciate the significance of small details, such as the purple signs. When I first arrive (via taxi or bus) on WDW property, it's always exciting to me when I look outside the vehicle's window, and see the purple road signs. Anticipation builds at that moment -- I've arrived! :happy:

G00fyDad

The purple way finding signage that you now see across the resort, while designed in the late 80s, still holds up quite well in my opinion. It certainly helps distinguish when you are or aren't on Disney property. And for the most part RCID (is that who actually oversees signage?) stays on top of it and updates it as needed.

Plus, as @WhatJaneSays noted, quite a bit of thought went into the final product. Sussman-Prejza were the design consultants. The color scheme was intended to be unique and pay homage to Mickey Mouse, and a whole hierarchy was developed to help guide guests across (what was then) a rapidly expanding resort. The whole package was designed to be memorable, but also legible and practical. And I think they pulled it off rather well...

http://www.sussmanprejza.com/sites/default/files/Disney Euro.pdf
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...9002183365_1_trendy-colors-mickey-mouse-signs

So then next time you're on property, remember that the road signs weren't done on a whim or only to be cute. A lot of effort went into them, and the fact that the same basic guidelines are still used nearly 30 years later is testament to how well they were designed.

Not that I'm arguing with you but exactly how does purple black and red relate to Mickey Mouse? The sign option I made and posted earlier in this thread relates more to Mickey than purple.

brb1006

True. They should update ALL of these signs across the property. Get ride of the old purple ones. Something like this would be nice...

View attachment 160055
I would imagine some of the signs to be themed to a certain park and resort.

MK - Blue/White

AK - Dark green,Brown like the coloring for the Tree Of Life, or light green with wooden text and leaves

Epcot - Various shapes like Spaceship Earth

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom