Disney Springs to become home to a Disney character meet and greet?

tl77

This has been discussed numerous times, what they do with the GotG characters in future films does not necessarily have any impact on what characters Uni has the rights to.
Haha... you interpreted my quote backward, but this is wdwmagic so I'm not really surprised... anyway...

Disney only builds rides based on movies now right? Soon The GotG movies will include characters that Universal has the rights to... So how is it you guys think will Disney be able to build a GotG attraction at Epcot or DHS or anywhere in Orlando?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Haha... you interpreted my quote backward, but this is wdwmagic so I'm not really surprised... anyway...

Disney only builds rides based on movies now right? Soon The GotG movies will include characters that Universal has the rights to... So how is it you guys think will Disney be able to build a GotG attraction at Epcot or DHS or anywhere in Orlando?

No, I read it right. GoTG characters being in a future Avengers movie doesn't necessarily mean that Uni will get exclusivity to them., The character that have the rights to may have been locked down at the time the contract was made, and it's also possible that just appearing in a movie might not be enough to make them part of the Avengers family. There are people who feel that GoTG is 100% safe for Disney to use. I personally don't go that far, but I don't see a reason to 100% believe they are unavailable either. If Uni was to get exclusivity on them, then that would mean to me that all the rumors of GoTG at DHS and Epcot are completely false, which I have a hard time believing.

tl77

No, I read it right. GoTG characters being in a future Avengers movie doesn't necessarily mean that Uni will get exclusivity to them., The character that have the rights to may have been locked down at the time the contract was made, and it's also possible that just appearing in a movie might not be enough to make them part of the Avengers family. There are people who feel that GoTG is 100% safe for Disney to use. I personally don't go that far, but I don't see a reason to 100% believe they are unavailable either. If Uni was to get exclusivity on them, then that would mean to me that all the rumors of GoTG at DHS and Epcot are completely false, which I have a hard time believing.
Ok, so you all don't seem to know how to answer the question I'm asking, not to be a smarty pants but there is a conflict of interest developing between the content, characters, and story lines of the forth coming Marvel films and the characters Universal has the rights to.

Basically Universal's Marvel attractions are in the same legal limbo as the Roger Rabbit Toon Town Spin attraction at DL and TDL, Disney at one time had the rights to build Roger Rabbit themed rides and do whatever they wanted with those characters in their parks, but once that deal fell apart the contract, regardless of how it was originally worded, only now gives Disney the right to keep and maintain the Toon Town spin attraction forever if they choose, and since there is most likely never going to be a Roger Rabbit sequel there would never be any reason to alter the current Roger Rabbit ride

But the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" as it's called, is slowly evolving from the somewhat stand alone early films, like the first 2 Ironman movies, into one contentious narrative that involves all the characters... Doctor Strange this November, and next Years GotG vol.2, Spiderman, and Thor 3 (and possibly the as yet untitled Wolverine movie opening next March) are all going to be chapters in the same story, and it's all going to come together in 2018's Avenger's Infinity War... at the moment neither Disney nor Universal has the rights to build land in their Orlando "parks" that coincide with what's going to be playing out on the big screen, but it seems like Disney Could promote these films at Disney Springs

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ok, so you all don't seem to know how to answer the question I'm asking, not to be a smarty pants but there is a conflict of interest developing between the content, characters, and story lines of the forth coming Marvel films and the characters Universal has the rights to.

Basically Universal's Marvel attractions are in the same legal limbo as the Roger Rabbit Toon Town Spin attraction at DL and TDL, Disney at one time had the rights to build Roger Rabbit themed rides and do whatever they wanted with those characters in their parks, but once that deal fell apart the contract, regardless of how it was originally worded, only now gives Disney the right to keep and maintain the Toon Town spin attraction forever if they choose, and since there is most likely never going to be a Roger Rabbit sequel there would never be any reason to alter the current Roger Rabbit ride

But the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" as it's called, is slowly evolving from the somewhat stand alone early films, like the first 2 Ironman movies, into one contentious narrative that involves all the characters... Doctor Strange this November, and next Years GotG vol.2, Spiderman, and Thor 3 (and possibly the as yet untitled Wolverine movie opening next March) are all going to be chapters in the same story, and it's all going to come together in 2018's Avenger's Infinity War... at the moment neither Disney nor Universal has the rights to build land in their Orlando "parks" that coincide with what's going to be playing out on the big screen, but it seems like Disney Could promote these films at Disney Springs

It is perfectly clear to me what you are saying, and I have answered you in both of me responses, it's just that we have different views on this. You seem to believe the GoTG is going to be off limits, I on the other hand believe that this is grey area and that there is nothing at this point that confirms it either 100% off limits or 100% safe. I am leaning towards safe, because I have no idea why they would choose GoTG as the first Marvel ride in DCA, unless they planned to get some synergy by also building a GotG ride in WDW even if it's not the same ride.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disney is clear to use GOTG at WDW, and they are proceeding with plans to do so. The GOTG attraction at Epcot will not feature any other Marvel characters - just GOTG. Despite whatever comes in future films, the Epcot ride willl not feature the Avengers or Spidey or anyone but Star Lord and his pals from the 2014 and 2017 films.

World_Showcase_Lover007

It would make more sense for another Visa/Chase M&G Spot...

You are probably right and I see why Disney would do this with their current way of thinking, but I think it would be a shame if they reserve the DS M&G for cardholders. I wish they would get rid of all these types of M&Gs, and simply use it as marketing to get more people to World of Disney and DS in general. Instead, they want to nickel and dime everyone.

Ryan H. Serowinski

You are probably right and I see why Disney would do this with their current way of thinking, but I think it would be a shame if they reserve the DS M&G for cardholders. I wish they would get rid of all these types of M&Gs, and simply use it as marketing to get more people to World of Disney and DS in general. Instead, they want to nickel and dime everyone.
Agreed! I don't really want to see a Cardholder M&G at DS neither.

threvester

Wolverine is not part of the MCU

J2theGo

Why don't they open a Character Dining location at Disney Springs? I feel that would create more of a draw for tourists because that would be the only place outside of a resort hotel or theme park they could have this experience. They could probably have it open for breakfast lunch and dinner too. Make it a buffet style like they have elsewhere. I don't know why they haven't done this yet.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Why don't they open a Character Dining location at Disney Springs? I feel that would create more of a draw for tourists because that would be the only place outside of a resort hotel or theme park they could have this experience. They could probably have it open for breakfast lunch and dinner too. Make it a buffet style like they have elsewhere. I don't know why they haven't done this yet.
Now that is an interesting concept.

doctornick

I think that would be viewed as competition for the tenants who are running restaurants and they might not be too happy about it. The merchandise players would like it though.

Ryan H. Serowinski

They actually used to do that back in the 80's though early 90's called Chef Mickey's Village Restaurant.

Cmdr_Crimson

They actually used to do that back in the 80's though early 90's called Chef Mickey's Village Restaurant.

More info about that can be found here....http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id201.htm
is.php

brb1006

Even better how about making a real life replica of the House Of Mouse and make it a character dining for day and night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom