Disney Springs testing new no-stop security scanner for new entry screening when the parks reopen

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
...but are they going to actually implement these at Disney Springs?

Since they're so fast, it shouldn't cause any crowd-flow problems, so I don't see any downside.

Speaking of security, DL seems to use sniffing dogs nearly all the time now. They could expand that program more in WDW as well.
I honestly can’t believe that after all this time, Disney Springs still does not have entry security.

_caleb

Do you feel unsafe there? I feel perfectly safe there. Which makes me think all the show at the parks isn’t really necessary ;)
Whether or not you “feel” safe has little to do with the actual security risks though, right?

Also, the TSA policy is to allow people to film interactions with agents (accountability when being publicly patted down/searched. But you can see how the definition of “interfering and revealing sensitive information” might depend on what’s being filmed. Bad guys who want to exploit any weaknesses in the system would be very interested to see hi-def photo/video that might help them determine what the system is capable of, how sensitive it is, or how it might be circumvented.

It’s not only photo and video they might be concerned about. Try standing around and just watching people come though a security check. They’ll come ask you to move along. Patterns, schedules, (agents rotating through various stations in the checkpoint) and protocols (how uniformly procedures are enforced) could all be used to help someone thwart security measures.

TrainsOfDisney

Whether or not you “feel” safe has little to do with the actual security risks though, right?

Also, the TSA policy is to allow people to film interactions with agents (accountability when being publicly patted down/searched. But you can see how the definition of “interfering and revealing sensitive information” might depend on what’s being filmed. Bad guys who want to exploit any weaknesses in the system would be very interested to see hi-def photo/video that might help them determine what the system is capable of, how sensitive it is, or how it might be circumvented.

It’s not only photo and video they might be concerned about. Try standing around and just watching people come though a security check. They’ll come ask you to move along. Patterns, schedules, (agents rotating through various stations in the checkpoint) and protocols (how uniformly procedures are enforced) could all be used to help someone thwart security measures.

I would think anyone trying to get through security at Disney would just go through and take mental notes and not check a Disney blog.

I would also think the satellite images pose a much bigger security risk. But what do I know right? :p

You’re right.. I’m sure that photo that shows the height of the checkpoint table getting online is going to bring Disney down.

Magic Feather

I honestly can’t believe that after all this time, Disney Springs still does not have entry security.
It’s a matter of having way too many ingress and egress points. Even with the temp screening, they had to cut the number of entry points by drastically reducing parking capacity, and making access more inconvenient to resort guests, which isn’t going to fly long term.

TrainsOfDisney

Sure. You’re choosing to ignore the line I quoted from the TSA’s own website. You don’t have to believe me, just go ahead and try it next time you fly.
Lol. I’m trying to figure out what the tsa wants me to do with my phone, shoes, etc. as it is. I have no time or desire to take pictures.

Marc Davis Fan

It’s a matter of having way too many ingress and egress points. Even with the temp screening, they had to cut the number of entry points by drastically reducing parking capacity, and making access more inconvenient to resort guests, which isn’t going to fly long term.

Yes, this makes sense. It's something they should work towards fixing, though, even if it takes several design modifications over the next few years. It can definitely be done in the the longer-term.

TrainsOfDisney

Yes, this makes sense. It's something they should work towards fixing, though, even if it takes several design modifications over the next few years. It can definitely be done in the the longer-term.
I hope they create a pedestrian path outside of security. It’s nice to be able to use Disney transportation to transfer resorts.

This is a problem at Disneyland too, you can’t get to the Disneyland hotels from the free Amtrak shuttle from the Amtrak station. You have to take a cab or Uber.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom