Disney Springs tenant watch

71jason

Original Poster
I really feel like these restaurants are going to cater to conventioneers and locals most. Tourists will obviously play a decent role, but I also think they want to keep these places fairly classy and they want to avoid the DDP as much as possible.

I think more convention-goers than locals, although perhaps counting on a secondary "after-hours" market off CMs over 21. Bluntly, most locals who can afford these places are far more inclined to go to Sand Lake Road or Millenia. Due to traffic and the perceived crowd (it's not like PI had strollers in the bars--it was enough you couldn't walk to the bar without getting hit by one).

That said, I-Drive is stepping up its game, and Sand Lake isn't really going anywhere. It's a highly competitive market for convention goers and while DS will have the Disney name and buses back to resorts at 2:00 a.m., I agree these places will have to maintain the standards they would be expected to uphold in NYC or Las Vegas.

WDWtraveler

Anyone else seeing rumors that Fulton's is changing from straight up seafood to a New Orleans menu? A TA posted the rumor on another board.

Makes sense, as a New Orleans menu would present a tie-in with "The Princess and the Frog" movie, and the river boat venue is already a New Orleans theme. Then it wouldn't compete directly with The Boathouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom