Disney Springs tenant watch

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Scott Joseph is reporting New York City's Le Cirque may be in discussion for a Disney Springs location:
http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/i...gendary-le-cirque-and-circo-brands-to-orlando
Interesting. They are out of space on the Landing. I wonder if they would carve a space out amongst the shops in the Town Center area. It's funny how things have snowballed. People were speculating that they wouldn't be able to find tenants to fill spaces and now they appear to have too many (at least fine restaurants).

Next Big Thing

Interesting. They are out of space on the Landing. I wonder if they would carve a space out amongst the shops in the Town Center area. It's funny how things have snowballed. People were speculating that they wouldn't be able to find tenants to fill spaces and now they appear to have too many (at least fine restaurants).
It was speculation just based on the fact that nothing was announced though. I mean, DTD gets tens of millions of people through it every year, I was never worried about them finding tenants. I was worried about quality tenants, which it appears they have found.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It was speculation just based on the fact that nothing was announced though. I mean, DTD gets tens of millions of people through it every year, I was never worried about them finding tenants. I was worried about quality tenants, which it appears they have found.
The lineup seems solid (at least the dining lineup so far). It's yet to be seen if the demand can sustain all of these places together. Locals will have to play a big part in keeping the vendors happy. If the locals don't show and it's a Tuesday in November when there isn't a large convention in town I'm not sure the tourist crowd will be enough to keep all these places filled. They will also need to balance the availability between tourists and locals at busy times. If the restaurants all fill up with ADRs booked 180 days in advance people will be turned off. I think they will need to at least hold some tables back for walk ins. I'm pretty sure the existing DTD restaurants already did this.

mechurchlady

Daniel Johnson

Wow, the first 20 pages of this thread dragged on....then bam. I know very little of the words you all are using other than noticing site numbers you all reference....sounds like it's really starting to move at ds.

Next Big Thing

So im here at DTD right now and I can 100% understand why Raglan's parent company wants another spot in Disney Springs. If you take the new pathway that goes by The Hangar and The Boathouse, you pretty much miss out on the entire Raglan complex.

If I'm correct in where the new restaurant would go, you would pass one of their restaurants no matter which way you choose to go.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So im here at DTD right now and I can 100% understand why Raglan's parent company wants another spot in Disney Springs. If you take the new pathway that goes by The Hangar and The Boathouse, you pretty much miss out on the entire Raglan complex.

If I'm correct in where the new restaurant would go, you would pass one of their restaurants no matter which way you choose to go.

The new restaurant will be directly across from the hanger.

Mouse Detective

You miss it now because Raglan is off by itself as a cul-de-sac in a construction area. Once the complex is done, walking by Raglan would take you into the Town Center portion of Disney Springs. And those walking by the springs themselves would pass by Raglan if they choose to not use the route by The Boathouse.

Next Big Thing

You miss it now because Raglan is off by itself as a cul-de-sac in a construction area. Once the complex is done, walking by Raglan would take you into the Town Center portion of Disney Springs. And those walking by the springs themselves would pass by Raglan if they choose to not use the route by The Boathouse.
I was talking about coming from the other direction. Either way, the point is, without this new restaurant, you'd miss out totally on Raglan coming from the West Side if you go through the new pathway.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The lineup seems solid (at least the dining lineup so far). It's yet to be seen if the demand can sustain all of these places together. Locals will have to play a big part in keeping the vendors happy. If the locals don't show and it's a Tuesday in November when there isn't a large convention in town I'm not sure the tourist crowd will be enough to keep all these places filled. They will also need to balance the availability between tourists and locals at busy times. If the restaurants all fill up with ADRs booked 180 days in advance people will be turned off. I think they will need to at least hold some tables back for walk ins. I'm pretty sure the existing DTD restaurants already did this.

I think you wrapped up all my thoughts into one nice post. I do wonder about locals continuing to come to Disney Springs to spend that type of money at all those fine dining establishments. Now sitting at the bar like they did at the Adventurers Club, that I can see.

The Greater Orlando area has many great restaurants not linked to theme parks that locals gravitate to. I am cautiously awaiting to see how this upscale build pans out after they are all up and operating past the opening fanfare. Neither the Disney Guest or the Locals median household income levels demonstrate a need for this many upscale restaurants, let alone this many steak houses. We can all likely agree they won't be one dining credit, the reason why Raglan, RainForest and TRex do so well. No matter how much they build DTD area is still a problem to reach with the current transportation Disney provides to that area. It is tedious at best.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think you wrapped up all my thoughts into one nice post. I do wonder about locals continuing to come to Disney Springs to spend that type of money at all those fine dining establishments. Now sitting at the bar like they did at the Adventurers Club, that I can see.

The Greater Orlando area has many great restaurants not linked to theme parks that locals gravitate to. I am cautiously awaiting to see how this upscale build pans out after they are all up and operating past the opening fanfare. Neither the Disney Guest or the Locals median household income levels demonstrate a need for this many upscale restaurants, let alone this many steak houses. We can all likely agree they won't be one dining credit, the reason why Raglan, RainForest and TRex do so well. No matter how much they build DTD area is still a problem to reach with the current transportation Disney provides to that area. It is tedious at best.
Good points. The dining plan is a whole other mess. How many of these places will accept DDP? If they don't will tourists shun them? If so will that hurt them enough to go under? It should be interesting to watch unfold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom