Disney Springs tenant watch

mechurchlady

So Kinetescape is the name of the Edison?

Alpargatas of course is the Havaianas flip flop store.
Correct on the flip flops.
Andrew Meieran owns Clifton's, Edison, and Kinetescape Curiosity Shop. He owns a movie company as well and got rich from investing, a lawsuit, and real estate turnover. I believe the COOof Kinetescape statements that has hinted at Edison and Tunnels as the names of the venues.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Correct on the flip flops.
Andrew Meieran owns Clifton's, Edison, and Kinetescape Curiosity Shop. He owns a movie company as well and got rich from investing, a lawsuit, and real estate turnover. I believe the COOof Kinetescape statements that has hinted at Edison and Tunnels as the names of the venues.

And the address on the financing document is the address of the Edison in LA.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If you graph the second lower level you get a very odd shape like C23 but I am sure he is in C13 as well. Someone must be able to put on paper what is said in the permit. Thanks for sharing!

Are you sure it's C13 not C12? I have a piece of software I wrote to plot the survey coordiantes, but due to the fact that I don't no how to plot curves it's not 100% accurate. I can't quite tell from my results if it's C12 or C13.

mechurchlady

Are you sure it's C13 not C12? I have a piece of software I wrote to plot the survey coordiantes, but due to the fact that I don't no how to plot curves it's not 100% accurate. I can't quite tell from my results if it's C12 or C13.
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/7277862.pdf?id=DOCC7277862.A0&parent=DOCC7277862

It is confusing as for me the closest match is C13. That is the old Adventurers coordinates and BET exists as well. Both coordinates don't fit but BET seemed closer. Take the old coordinates and see what happens. I can be wrong since I am not an expert.
Yet! Lol. Prefer it was C12

Mouse Detective

Well the concept art shows the smokestack associated with the AC building. An old electric power station might have such a smokestack. And AC's lower level had a connection with the lower level offices under West End Plaza. BET Soundstage had a downstairs that went outside to the water and wrapped around under the Bridge to the West Side but I'm not aware if there was any direct connection from inside BET to those offices.

mechurchlady

Well the concept art shows the smokestack associated with the AC building. An old electric power station might have such a smokestack. And AC's lower level had a connection with the lower level offices under West End Plaza. BET Soundstage had a downstairs that went outside to the water and wrapped around under the Bridge to the West Side but I'm not aware if there was any direct connection from inside BET to those offices.
The address given by Barbara Jacobs for Andrew Meieran for selective demolition was 1560 Buena Vista which was BET's address. That was why I thought it was C13 so waiting to see which it is.

flyerjab

And the address on the financing document is the address of the Edison in LA.

Great job on the map Dan and @mechurchlady. I have been looking at it closer and comparing to the list of vendors that have been compiled on the The Landing Map thread. There are still a number of locations that from what I could see don't have vendors identified. Some, like C20, appear to be in prime locations on The Landing. Is there any expectation that more of the restaurant/shop names will be announced soon?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Great job on the map Dan and @mechurchlady. I have been looking at it closer and comparing to the list of vendors that have been compiled on the The Landing Map thread. There are still a number of locations that from what I could see don't have vendors identified. Some, like C20, appear to be in prime locations on The Landing. Is there any expectation that more of the restaurant/shop names will be announced soon?

I forgot to mark it on the map, but C20 is just a service yard. Assuming the Edison people aren't using both C12 and C13 then one of those two is the only large location on pleasure island that is unaccounted for, we now know what is going in every other spot. If something that we don't know about is going into one of those spots I would expect that we would know about it soon.

flyerjab

I forgot to mark it on the map, but C20 is just a service yard. Assuming the Edison people aren't using both C12 and C13 then one of those two is the only large location on pleasure island that is unaccounted for, we now know what is going in every other spot. If something that we don't know about is going into one of those spots I would expect that we would know about it soon.

Is a service yard something that is needed during the construction phase only, or is that an area that is required as something permanent for the ongoing operation of the locations around it? I was just curious because so many of the locations on The Landing are such prime spots. C20 seemed like a great spot if it is next to The Edison and some of the other restaurants/entertainment venues in that particular area of DS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is a service yard something that is needed during the construction phase only, or is that an area that is required as something permanent for the ongoing operation of the locations around it? I was just curious because so many of the locations on The Landing are such prime spots. C20 seemed like a great spot if it is next to The Edison and some of the other restaurants/entertainment venues in that particular area of DS.

I believe they are going to be permanent.

lazyboy97o

A service yard is the place where thigs like dumpsters can be located or deliveries made.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
EUREKA!
There are 22 pages of Pleasure to read. I found the coordinates for Curl by Sammy Duvall!

HAPPY DANCE!!!
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...47.pdf?id=DOCC29318747.A0&parent=DOCC29318747

Most coordinates start from the upper left corner but Adventurers Club and Curl start from the lower left corner. Now we know how far above Curl is and can work form there. Will edit when have more info!

If you find any old permits that have a map and survey coordinates like this one, but one that has a curve in the coordinates, let me know.

mechurchlady

No, I am looking for one that has a curve in the survey coordinates, not just straight lines. That will help me figure out how to properly plot curves.
I ate lunch outside and spent 3 hours trying to find info. Most permits just give Pleasure Island not the tenant. Got 19 more pages. Generally they do a square to avoid curves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom