Disney Springs tenant watch

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Agreed, but not everyone is looking for "superior food options". While McDonald's (or similar) would not be an appropriate choice for Disney Springs, there remains a place for a burger/fry/chicken strips place in the vein of the old Lite Bite or Goofy's Grill.
There will be a burger place, but I believe it will be table service.

gonnichi

I was just wondering if anyone knows what entertainment options will be coming to the new areas? I have not gone back and read every page here, sorry if its already been explained. The west side still has a good amount of entertainment with Crque, Quest, AMC, Splitsville. but we lost some when Pleasure Island closed. Just wondering if anything new besides eating and shopping is coming?

toolsnspools

My mom still misses the McD's. Grabbing a coffee and an ice cream to eat while walking through DTD was always one of her favorite activities. There were always higher end options, but $3 at McD's was her choice.

MarkTwain

I was just wondering if anyone knows what entertainment options will be coming to the new areas? I have not gone back and read every page here, sorry if its already been explained. The west side still has a good amount of entertainment with Crque, Quest, AMC, Splitsville. but we lost some when Pleasure Island closed. Just wondering if anything new besides eating and shopping is coming?

I'd like to know this as well. The problem with restaurants is that you can really only do one of them a night, but entertainment options combine much more easily — A movie at AMC and a round of bowling at Splitsville, that kind of thing.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
There will be a burger place, but I believe it will be table service.

Hmm.

I live in an area with a pretty significant burger place presence. And none of them are table service. I am racking my brain trying to think of a burger place that is.

Steak and Shake - Counter service
Shake shack - CS
Smash burger - CS
Bobby's Burger Palace - CS
5 guys - CS

There is a place called Boom Burger that's table service, but it's really more of a bar then a burger joint. Is that what they are going for?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hmm.

I live in an area with a pretty significant burger place presence. And none of them are table service. I am racking my brain trying to think of a burger place that is.

Steak and Shake - Counter service
Shake shack - CS
Smash burger - CS
Bobby's Burger Palace - CS
5 guys - CS

There is a place called Boom Burger that's table service, but it's really more of a bar then a burger joint. Is that what they are going for?
Red Robin is one. It could still change of course, but there is certainly an opportunity for a very successful table service burger restaurant.

gonnichi

sorry I didn't see til now that there is a place to discuss entertainment at the new Springs. If anyone does know of any entertainment that is coming hopefully you can share that with us.

71jason

Original Poster
I'd like to know this as well. The problem with restaurants is that you can really only do one of them a night, but entertainment options combine much more easily — A movie at AMC and a round of bowling at Splitsville, that kind of thing.

Sort of like people might hop from an 80s bar to a comedy improv bar to a place with a live band.

But you're right, the only way someone does Morimoto, Boathouse and Raglan in one night is if they wander into one for drinks after dinner.

Jon81uk

Sort of like people might hop from an 80s bar to a comedy improv bar to a place with a live band.

But you're right, the only way someone does Morimoto, Boathouse and Raglan in one night is if they wander into one for drinks after dinner.

I really hope we do get a stand-up or Improv comedy venue. I never really did the night clubs at Pleasure Island but had two great times at Comedy Warehouse. I think they do need a couple of bars you can just walk into even if those bars don't have entertainment, plus an entertainment driven venue such as a comedy club or a bar with a live band (similar to Raglan Road but less emphasis on food.

Mouse Detective

I think they do need a couple of bars you can just walk into even if those bars don't have entertainment, plus an entertainment driven venue such as a comedy club or a bar with a live band (similar to Raglan Road but less emphasis on food.

I think The Hangar will be a bar you can just walk into and The Boathouse will have a bar areas separate from the restaurant.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've seen news popping up in a few other articles around the interwebz about the Raglan Road's parent company opening a new place in Disney Springs. Has this already been talked about in previous posts/threads and I've just not made the connection?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've seen news popping up in a few other articles around the interwebz about the Raglan Road's parent company opening a new place in Disney Springs. Has this already been talked about in previous posts/threads and I've just not made the connection?

Yes I found a permit about this....

"There was a permit filed today for "New Construction of a single story Restaurant" and the owner of the project is "Great Irish Pubs of Florida, Inc" which is the company that owns Raglan Road. The location is listed as C-07 which is not on my map, so I am thinking I might have mis-labeled one of the locations around Raglan."

articos

Yes I found a permit about this....

"There was a permit filed today for "New Construction of a single story Restaurant" and the owner of the project is "Great Irish Pubs of Florida, Inc" which is the company that owns Raglan Road. The location is listed as C-07 which is not on my map, so I am thinking I might have mis-labeled one of the locations around Raglan."
Correct, Raglan's owners are doing another restaurant, which has been reported. There is more to come, serving multiple segments, and I would place bets that includes quick serve.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't recall any such report. Can you link us to it?

I reported it...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Correct, Raglan's owners are doing another restaurant, which has been reported. There is more to come, serving multiple segments, and I would place bets that includes quick serve.
I wonder if they will include a QS outdoor bar area. Now that they are adding live entertainment it would make sense to have a quick way to get a tasty beverage to go with the tunes.

Mouse Detective

I reported it...

Sorry. When you said "reported" I didn't realize you meant the permit you previously reported. I thought there was some other news report on the subject. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom