Disney Springs tenant watch

Next Big Thing

JEANYLASER

Now, the Orlando Business Journal says that by the end of 2015, a Sound Lion retail store will open at Disney Springs. According to the article, "Sound Lion is a retail store that focuses on high-tech personal listening products, including headphones, docking stations, wireless music players and other music products." and The article also mentions that BabyCakes NYC has also filed papers this week that suggest a new eatery opening at Disney Springs. I hope Sound lion and BabyCakes will be official!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It will be.
I think so too. My only hesitation is that these places seem a little high end for WDW. Not to belittle the Disney crowd, but I think of some of these places as more of a higher end business dinner place than a theme park with my family place. I guess the convention crowd combined with locals should help with that.

One interesting thing to see will be how many (if any) will accept the DDP. I have to think that some of these restaurant developers won't be thrilled to have a bunch of tourists in tank tops and flip flops looking for the most expensive item on the menu to order since "Mickey" is paying for it anyway. For example, most high end steakhouses are completely all a carte which hardly works with the DDP model. I guess maybe they could make them Signatures and charge 2 credits. If they don't accept DDP they would be free to build a more unique menu, but then they could lose a ton of business to the places that do take it. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Could be the start of a real renaissance for WDW food.

SirLink

Been to STK London and it I think I prefer Steak & Co for their seaweed seasoning. But one is a steakhouse the other is more of a brasserie.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I think the edison, based on their website, woudl have been cool inside Mannequins. I hope news of it coming can give us SOME hope for a night life element at DS

71jason

Original Poster
I think the edison, based on their website, woudl have been cool inside Mannequins. I hope news of it coming can give us SOME hope for a night life element at DS

Edison all but confirmed. Strong rumor The Hanger is more bar than restaurant. Confirmed The Boathouse will have live music and be open to 2 am (like Raglan). It's not the old PI, but certainly more nightlife-oriented than was originally suggested.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Edison all but confirmed. Strong rumor The Hanger is more bar than restaurant. Confirmed The Boathouse will have live music and be open to 2 am (like Raglan). It's not the old PI, but certainly more nightlife-oriented than was originally suggested.
The Hangar is a bar, with light eats.
I thought I read somewhere they were going to require tenants of the Landing to keep the places open until 2am. Have you guys heard anything like that?

71jason

Original Poster
I thought I read somewhere they were going to require tenants of the Landing to keep the places open until 2am. Have you guys heard anything like that?

Save PI reported that months ago. I think Boathouse press release confirmed they would stay open late.

ETA: Nothing at WDW happens in a vacuum. This is beginning to look a lot like an attempt to counter the Orlando Eye/I-Drive for the convention-goer market. Of course using 3rd party vendors.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Save PI reported that months ago. I think Boathouse press release confirmed they would stay open late.

ETA: Nothing at WDW happens in a vacuum. This is beginning to look a lot like an attempt to counter the Orlando Eye/I-Drive for the convention-goer market. Of course using 3rd party vendors.
Thanks that's probably where I read it. I was trying to remember if it was someone's suggestion or an actual rumor.

Anyway, I agree that this looks like an effort to provide multiple late night options and the type and quality of the restaurants so far seem more tailored to the convention crowd than the stroller crowd.

Next Big Thing

I love the Art of Shaving, I wonder if this will be a Barber Spa. If it is, I know where I'm going to get a haircut and shave next time down there.
I'm sure it is. There's at least 2 locations in Orlando that I know of already though. Mall at Millenia and The Florida Mall both have locations.

Adam N

Fwiw, when Robert Earl came to talk to Planet Hollywood about changes that were coming, he mentioned that there were places literally pulling out of millennia and moving to Disney Springs. Not that I expect him to actually know anything, but just wanted to toss that in the pool.

BoarderPhreak

As an avid DE/wet shaver, it's interesting to hear of AoS opening a store @ Disney Springs. Not that I buy anything from them, but it's good to see the continued resurgence of this trend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom