• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Springs Resort Shuttle

boujiemama

Original Poster
I'm looking for info and experiences regarding the Disney Springs Resort shuttles. These shuttles service the B Resort, Best Western Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace, Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista, and a couple others. I want to be as prepared as possible since we have a toddler who will need to go back to the hotel mid-day for a nap.
I have found this transportation map online http://www.wdwfocus.com/img/map/wdw-transport-map-full.jpg
But it's not clear to me if this includes the buses we will be using.
Anyone have any details or personal experience they could share? Tips? Recommendations?
Note: We will have our own car but would like to avoid paying extra for parking at the parks. We're already paying $22/day for parking at our hotel (B Resort).

Jon81uk

Advertisement
I stayed at the Hilton opposite Disney Springs about 12 years ago. The buses were very infrequent, we waited over half an hour sometimes. But the Hilton was the first/last stop so we always went straight to the park and got straight back to the hotel being the first stop, so other hotels will take much longer to get to.
Personally if we had access to a car I probably would have used it to avoid the long waits for the bus and that's with staying in the first stop hotel.

If you want to get back to the hotel for a nap you are going to spend at least an hour each way travelling by bus (assuming up to half hour wait for the bus and probably half hour on the bus) and you will probably find it takes too much time away from the parks (but then I don't have kids and always spend full days in the park).

That map you linked to doesn't mention the Disney Springs hotels, only Disney-owned hotels.
There is information on the Disney Springs hotel on page 6 & 7 of this booklet https://view.joomag.com/disney-springs-passport-october-2018-february-2019/0547109001522093192?short
taken from http://disneyspringshotels.com/disney-advantage/

Last edited:

MagicalMaci

When I stayed at the Hilton Disney Springs a few years ago the buses were on a set schedule, so as long as you knew when they were expected it wasn't too bad. The buses were a bit far off the beaten path for pickup and drop off and didn't typically have a lot of shade.

scorp16

As has been mentioned....they are infrequent. They do not go to the MK (TTC instead). And you'll walk a bit further to catch them at the other parks. Main drawback (other than those previous ones).......if you can't get on a bus due to crowds, it may take a while for the next one to come. If you time it right though, it's not bad.

As an alternate option (depending on which Hotel Plaza hotel you are staying at). You could use DS as a hub (or possibly SSR). You can take a bus from DS to the Contemp and walk to MK, take one to Yacht or Beach Club and walk to EPCOT, or to the Boardwalk and get to DHS - a little longer of a walk. Wyndham and Hilton are literally across the street from DS.

World_Showcase_Lover007

We stayed at the Hilton Orlando LBV on Hotel Plaza Blvd near Disney Springs in 2014. Busses came every half hour, and were pretty regular. A couple of times I remember them being late, but it’s not like we waited an hour or anything. Buses also picked up people from the neighboring resorts. A bit annoying, but it really wasn’t that bad. But this was before we had kids.

Of course I tend to find that Disney busses aren’t all that great either. Now I always rent a car to drive to the parks, but I definitely understand that it is costly to pay to park. I do it very begrudgingly.

Overall it is very manageable taking these busses, at least without kids. With a toddler though, ummm... you should still be fine. There’s always Uber...(?)

I always use the DS busses when staying at these hotels. The Hilton and Wyndham are an easy walk to DS, and the Holiday Inn is doable.

It was way nicer when the marketplace bus loop was still there, since the busses were literally right there, but the new DS bus loop is much better laid out for the bigger crowds these days.

Just curious to the OP, if you have a car, why pick a non-Disney hotel that charges high parking and high resort fees? If I’m visiting with a car I stay right off property at a great Hilton or Marriott product that usually gives a better deal even before those extra fees. If I don’t have a car, I’ll stay by Disney springs if I get a good deal on Priceline or a Disney resort.

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

I'm looking for info and experiences regarding the Disney Springs Resort shuttles. These shuttles service the B Resort, Best Western Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace, Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista, and a couple others. I want to be as prepared as possible since we have a toddler who will need to go back to the hotel mid-day for a nap.
I have found this transportation map online http://www.wdwfocus.com/img/map/wdw-transport-map-full.jpg
But it's not clear to me if this includes the buses we will be using.
Anyone have any details or personal experience they could share? Tips? Recommendations?
Note: We will have our own car but would like to avoid paying extra for parking at the parks. We're already paying $22/day for parking at our hotel (B Resort).
there shuttles are awesome. come every 20 mintues or so all day and night.

aliceismad

If you decide not to head back for the day, there are places in the park where your little one can rest. Lots of people recommend the quieter shows for this, or just quiet areas of the parks. However, some kids can sleep anywhere. When my kiddo was just under 3, she fell asleep in line for Under the Sea and slept through the ride. She also slept through most of the Lion King show at AK.

plutofan15

Lyft or Uber is an option. True, it will cost a bit but will be cheaper than paying for parking and probably quicker than the bus. We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge last week and used Lyft both direction to visit Blizzard Beach. Quicker than taking a bus to AK and transferring to the Blizzard Beach bus. Was less than $10 each way.

Top Bottom