Disney Springs on a Saturday Night...

odmichael

Original Poster
I just went to the new Disney Springs for the first time since the changeover. My first time was today, a Saturday at 8pm.

I felt like I was at an EDM Concert. And I'm 23 and live near New York City. I'm supposed to be able to handle this stuff. Maybe I just don't want to cuz I'm on vacation.

There's so much potential there. But it's to the point it's just overwhelming. Disney should have built upwards not out to keep spaces wider.

It's probably beautiful any other time of the week. But damn that was a nightmare...

Probably would have been fun drunk but was with the fam...

Last edited by a moderator:

Siren

LOL. It really does feel like an EDM concert at night. I felt like I was at Tomorrowland or Ultra or something! But, I totally *love* the nighttime vibe there and Disney Springs is so gorgeous to me. And, it's much more quiet during the day. I can't wait for everything at Disney Springs to open!

gsimpson

I've been there a couple of times and it seems to always be crowded. I do wish they managed crowd flow better, it seems like a lot of people are just standing around confused about what they are "supposed" to do.

odmichael

Original Poster
I've been there a couple of times and it seems to always be crowded. I do wish they managed crowd flow better, it seems like a lot of people are just standing around confused about what they are "supposed" to do.
The worst is when people stop right on the path with their smartphone to take a photo.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I actually didn't even go over there during our trip last month. I just figure the construction is still pretty bad but I might go over there in September when we are back. I read a review for that D-Luxe Burger place and it might be fun to try that and we don't even ever do quick service meal but it looked like it might be worth a try. Anyone here tried it? Also does Tables in Wonderland apply there?

SyracuseDisneyFan

I can't wait to check out Disney Springs on our next trip. I want to check out the new cupcake place and Vera Bradley. I'm also excited to see the newly expanded World of Disney.

NearTheEars

It's quite nice during the day, but yes, it you dislike crowds, avoid the west side on weekend nights.
I think what they've done is beautiful, but you stil have to remember this is a shopping and dining area, not another theme park. Too many folks come back underwhelmed saying "It was just overpriced stores and restaurants" ... Duh!

odmichael

Original Poster
It's always been like that on Saturday nights though.
I think the biggest issue I had was with the increase in shops, there was an increase in people and space, but a decrease in space through walkways. It felt like they did not give enough room on the pathways and bridges to supply the crowds. They tried to provide the feeling of a warm inviting village. But all I felt was the sweat of an overworked mom behind me :hungover:

CaptainAmerica

The one problem I have with the DS atmosphere is that the music is VERY audible from the Congress Park section of Saratoga Springs. It was hard to get to sleep before 11:00 because the bass was thumping across the water.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
The one problem I have with the DS atmosphere is that the music is VERY audible from the Congress Park section of Saratoga Springs. It was hard to get to sleep before 11:00 because the bass was thumping across the water.
Hum, this could be interesting..... I just booked a last minute room only visit and we picked Congress Park building one, third floor as our choice. I don't think it will bother me, as I will sit out on the balcony at night but the rest of the family usually goes to bed earlier. Guess I will find out in 12 days:)

CaptainAmerica

Hum, this could be interesting..... I just booked a last minute room only visit and we picked Congress Park building one, third floor as our choice. I don't think it will bother me, as I will sit out on the balcony at night but the rest of the family usually goes to bed earlier. Guess I will find out in 12 days:)
91%2BH0p-kP7L._SX522_.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I actually didn't even go over there during our trip last month. I just figure the construction is still pretty bad but I might go over there in September when we are back. I read a review for that D-Luxe Burger place and it might be fun to try that and we don't even ever do quick service meal but it looked like it might be worth a try. Anyone here tried it? Also does Tables in Wonderland apply there?
No tables in wonderland.

REVIEW: D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
LOL.
My DW's idea is sleeping with the TV on, so it should not bother them. I will be up past 11 and I have sounds on my phone I sleep to. I just hope its DJSorcey (from Sorcerer Radio) style music I can listen to from the balcony:)

In past trips we have been in the Grandstand and Springs sections of Saratoga Springs, so far enough from DS to not hear the music coming from Marketplace.

BiffyClyro

I just went to the new Disney Springs for the first time since the changeover. My first time was today, a Saturday at 8pm.

I felt like I was at an EDM Concert. And I'm 23 and live near New York City. I'm supposed to be able to handle this stuff. Maybe I just don't want to cuz I'm on vacation.

There's so much potential there. But it's to the point it's just overwhelming. Disney should have built upwards not out to keep spaces wider.

It's probably beautiful any other time of the week. But damn that was a nightmare...

Probably would have been fun drunk but was with the fam...
Oh god really? This is what I hated about it before. I'm 23 too and I don't know why but I just think it's tacky when it's like that... Think like you said, because you're on vacation and with your family you just don't want to be around it.

Was looking forward to Springs thinking it would have got away from that crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom