Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

Lilofan

As a retired RN who was a supervisor in a nursing home at one time, I'd like to chime in on the facts as I saw them while I worked there.
Yes, you can count on one hand the number of family or visitors the residents get. It is very sad to actually see and experience. The NH where I worked had wonderful caring staff who actually saw the residents as people! It was a very sad but very rewarding place to begin my nursing career, mainly sad because of the lack of visitors these residents had. All older people love to talk and sadly, we didnt' have enough time in a day to get to all of them. Just my perspective on the subject.
I have RNs in my family. I thank you for your service working in a nursing home.

Prince-1

You are free to stay home. No one is forcing you to even leave your house if you don't want to. But you ought not to expect others to have the same paranoia and fear.

I get it, you think it's a fake pandemic, gotcha. However if a place like Disney sets rules to keep people safe such as having a mandatory mask rule then they should be doing everything to enforce it. This is how they are trying to get people to come back to their parks and if you don't like it then don't go. It's that simple. No one is making anyone go but if they choose to do so then follow the rules set forth by them and don't whine about it.

lightningtap347

Reading some of these "thoughtful" comments...

eca.png

NickMaio

Unemployment is caused by the shutdown, you need to pull your head out if you don't even understand that fact.

Hong Kong flu death world wide was a million.. Spanish flu world wide was more than 50 million... This virus hasn't even killed half a million.. So no it isn't worse than a bad flu strain.
What is causing the shutdown......skittles?
Seriously.........

Spanish flu..........do you even know what year that occured? Do you what medicine and health care were like back then, look at the average mortality rate, that should give you an idea.

This is the 21st century with the highest life expectancy in human history.
450k deaths in less than 3 months is nothing to laugh at...
Especially considering most places went into lock down.

It's quite clear you think this is no big deal.
The US has 1/4 of those deaths on record for the planet.
Since you referenced the Spanish flu....take a look at that the second wave of that virus did to the planet.
With your attitude it just might happen again.
So do yourself and everyone else a favour and pull your head out..........

Conspiracy indeed.........you think the entire planet, entire planet is over reacting.
🙈🙉🙊

mergatroid

No... research doesn't say otherwise. CDC puts it at 0.26%... seasonal flu varies depending on strain and usually ranges from 0.1% to 0.5% in a bad year. Now if you want to listen to the media fear mongers they will find a flake out there that will tell them its much higher and then put them on the air to scare folks like you. But the reality is it isn't that bad, only really bad for the very old 65 and over and they need to worry.

No links to this claim from yourself? 0.5% in a bad year and yet we're not even into 6 months of covid 19. Figures rising in Florida again but it doesn't matter to you.

I had a friend in Orlando aged 50 with no other health conditions who died from this virus and yet I keep reading you saying only the old over 65 need to worry (or words to that effect). Medical experts saying it's worse than the flu and yet you know better. Using 'percentages' rather than numbers of deaths to minimise the impact of people dying. If we're to change our views please enlighten us as to why we should listen to you over the vast majority of medical professionals.

I get that at some point we may have to say that we accept the virus is here, maybe forever. I get at some stage we may have to say that the damage to the economy would be worse to more people than the virus would. I'm not claiming to be an expert on the subject, but I know that people under 65 can die despite you keep throwing out the opposite of that like it's not important. I get that some of what we're told is guess work and some of it isn't, but at least I'm not equating it to any other form of death including those which can't even be caught like you are.

You may choose not to believe what we're told by medical professionals, you may choose to think precautions shouldn't be enforced. You may choose to use your freedom of speech to tell everyone that you're right and they're wrong and power to you and your right to do just that. The reality is though that the way you word things makes you come across as a really uncompassionate individual who cares very little for anyone other than themselves and has little to no regard for a life other than their own. And yes I realise that life and death can be a roll of the dice for many of us in many ways both of what we can control and what we can't, but trying to remain safe till we've exhausted every other possibility is what we should do in my humble opinion.

NickMaio

Back to the OP's topic - - - - - We would not go if we had to wear masks, just too uncomfortable.
And honestly - - dangerous.
No links to this claim from yourself? 0.5% in a bad year and yet we're not even into 6 months of covid 19. Figures rising in Florida again but it doesn't matter to you.

I had a friend in Orlando aged 50 with no other health conditions who died from this virus and yet I keep reading you saying only the old over 65 need to worry (or words to that effect). Medical experts saying it's worse than the flu and yet you know better. Using 'percentages' rather than numbers of deaths to minimise the impact of people dying. If we're to change our views please enlighten us as to why we should listen to you over the vast majority of medical professionals.

I get that at some point we may have to say that we accept the virus is here, maybe forever. I get at some stage we may have to say that the damage to the economy would be worse to more people than the virus would. I'm not claiming to be an expert on the subject, but I know that people under 65 can die despite you keep throwing out the opposite of that like it's not important. I get that some of what we're told is guess work and some of it isn't, but at least I'm not equating it to any other form of death including those which can't even be caught like you are.

You may choose not to believe what we're told by medical professionals, you may choose to think precautions shouldn't be enforced. You may choose to use your freedom of speech to tell everyone that you're right and they're wrong and power to you and your right to do just that. The reality is though that the way you word things makes you come across as a really uncompassionate individual who cares very little for anyone other than themselves and has little to no regard for a life other than their own. And yes I realise that life and death can be a roll of the dice for many of us in many ways both of what we can control and what we can't, but trying to remain safe till we've exhausted every other possibility is what we should do in my humble opinion.
Amen - - - - - - Now off to listen to some WDW music.
Take care.

robhedin

No... research doesn't say otherwise. CDC puts it at 0.26%... seasonal flu varies depending on strain and usually ranges from 0.1% to 0.5% in a bad year. Now if you want to listen to the media fear mongers they will find a flake out there that will tell them its much higher and then put them on the air to scare folks like you. But the reality is it isn't that bad, only really bad for the very old 65 and over and they need to worry.
To be fair, the 0.26% you quote was an estimate only based on incomplete data and they also stipulated that it was based of fast changing information and was subject to change.

The 0.26% is within the expected mortality range, but it's on the low end. We're not going to know what it actually is for quite some time. It could be spot on, it could be lower, it could be higher. At this point, the only thing that we know about it is that it's much more likely to critically affect those with certain medical conditions or who are over a certain age.

For a better write up see: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...stimates-covid-19-death-rate-0-26/5269331002/

Parker in NYC

That is some of the best news I've heard all day. Of all the theme parks in North America that are either open or re-opening the only place that I have actually seen that doesn't require a mask is Gatorland. They suggest it, but don't mandate it, which is what should be done to be honest.

But the more people start to get sick of having to wear those death traps in the Florida heat, the better it is for people who want to go back to Disney when it gets back to normal. The people that don't like it then, they are free to stay home.

The bottom line is we need the rules to be relaxed so that eventually the people that will be wearing masks will be well in the minority and eventually even the mask wearers will realize they were paranoid.

Lastly, you actually took pictures of people not wearing masks? That's just...............creepy.

And this right here is why we're screwed.

disneygeek90

That is some of the best news I've heard all day. Of all the theme parks in North America that are either open or re-opening the only place that I have actually seen that doesn't require a mask is Gatorland. They suggest it, but don't mandate it, which is what should be done to be honest.

But the more people start to get sick of having to wear those death traps in the Florida heat, the better it is for people who want to go back to Disney when it gets back to normal. The people that don't like it then, they are free to stay home.

The bottom line is we need the rules to be relaxed so that eventually the people that will be wearing masks will be well in the minority and eventually even the mask wearers will realize they were paranoid.

Lastly, you actually took pictures of people not wearing masks? That's just...............creepy.
This is a really ignorant statement. Especially when there are still plenty of studies saying that masks can significantly help.

The masks are fine in the Florida heat. So many people like to use the heat as an excuse instead of just saying you don't care if they work.

thomas998

To be fair, the 0.26% you quote was an estimate only based on incomplete data and they also stipulated that it was based of fast changing information and was subject to change.

The 0.26% is within the expected mortality range, but it's on the low end. We're not going to know what it actually is for quite some time. It could be spot on, it could be lower, it could be higher. At this point, the only thing that we know about it is that it's much more likely to critically affect those with certain medical conditions or who are over a certain age.

For a better write up see: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...stimates-covid-19-death-rate-0-26/5269331002/
In the end we will never know the exact mortality rate because unless you do a mass testing of a large sample of people and then track each and every one that has the virus you simply will never have any reasonable data. Anytime you have a disease that is asymptomatic your ability to determine mortality rates is going to be questionable. The problem is that in the early days the media and some supposed experts were making mortality rates based on the number of people that were known to be infected and ignoring the reality that only the sickest in the US were even being tested.

thomas998

Conspiracy indeed.........you think the entire planet, entire planet is over reacting.
🙈🙉🙊
Absolutely. The only country to get it close to right has been Sweden. Their only mistake was not tell the very old to stay indoors... but the impact to the younger people was never that bad.

robhedin

The poor kids have been effectively excluded by the mask rule. I’ll bet the Lego Store hates the rule. It is probably costing them a lot of money.
No, there were kids there. It's just that - at the time - Disney Springs was not massively busy. I expect that it was mostly locals so as people begin showing up again, it should get more crowded.

mergatroid

Hey you want to questions someone's honesty, you can expect them to question your's as well.

I'm asking for your source, where have I questioned your honesty? I've provided links from several credible sources so you can see where the data is from. I'm providing information for a discussion, you're demanding I provide proof a friend of mine has died saying it's the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom