Disney Springs hotels get Extra Extra Magic Hrs for SWGE

FigmentFreak

Original Poster
Just an FYI. I just got an email from the Hilton Disney Springs promoting that they now offer Extra Extra magic hours to SWGE.

I'm in no way trying to dredge up the is SWGE a Hit or a Flop, just think it's interesting they're now inviting "Non-Disney" hotels.

Figmentfreak

nickys

Premium Member
Just an FYI. I just got an email from the Hilton Disney Springs promoting that they now offer Extra Extra magic hours to SWGE.

I'm in no way trying to dredge up the is SWGE a Hit or a Flop, just think it's interesting they're now inviting "Non-Disney" hotels.

Figmentfreak

They always had access to the EEMH, there is nothing out of the ordinary about the EEMH other than the length of time they last - at DHS.

prberk

I still think it is odd that Disney is opening up their main perk to the non-Disney hotels, on site or not. That has been a recent thing (with the exception of WDW Dolphin and WDW Swan, which always had a different type of contract).

Almost might as well just open the gates to everyone.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I still think it is odd that Disney is opening up their main perk to the non-Disney hotels, on site or not. That has been a recent thing (with the exception of WDW Dolphin and WDW Swan, which always had a different type of contract).

They have been eligible for the last 2 years, so its nothing new. I think the idea was that once Disney created more room capacity that this perk might go away, but I haven't heard any rumblings if this perk will be renew through 2020 yet.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Not really. It has been available for quite some time, the resorts just had to pay for it. Up until quite recently, S&D and Hilton were the only ones that did.

wdwfan22

It’s not really a new perk. Disney has always been willing to let them have it if they were willing to pay for the privilege. Swan/dolphin have had magic hours for years. Now the other hotels are willing to purchase the privilege.

DCLcruiser

I'm taking advantage of it next week. Hilton for $117; I got 60 Day FP selection, EEMH and we can walk over to DS for dinner/nightlife.

RobWDW1971

I'm taking advantage of it next week. Hilton for $117; I got 60 Day FP selection, EEMH and we can walk over to DS for dinner/nightlife.

The DS hotels are becoming a great bargain with the proximity of DS and all of the perks. With the on property hotels becoming less themed/unique, why pay the exorbitant premium?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The DS hotels are becoming a great bargain with the proximity of DS and all of the perks. With the on property hotels becoming less themed/unique, why pay the exorbitant premium?
Not always...you have to read the fine print.

Many have a resort fee, parking fee, no DME, etc. When you couple that with paying for parking at the parks, the savings can start to evaporate pretty quickly. It also does not help that their bus service often makes Disney busses look like a teleporter.

DCLcruiser

Not always...you have to read the fine print.

Many have a resort fee, parking fee, no DME, etc. When you couple that with paying for parking at the parks, the savings can start to evaporate pretty quickly. It also does not help that their bus service often makes Disney busses look like a teleporter.
I got MDE and parking at WDW is free when staying at DS Area. But, yes, I do pay to park at the hotel ($22/day) and a resort fee ($35/day). I'm only staying one night for GE, but I'd assume the DS bus system is just as good as any other resort hotel. Either way, I am driving to DHS for EEMH and then out of Orlando.

EDIT: No complimentary parking. Still staying at a Hilton for cheaper than most Value Resorts.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom