'Disney Springs' - Downtown Disney expansion officially announced

flynnibus

Premium Member
The model is interesting.. not sure why they put it out there and then won't let it be seen in detail (the blog photo is horrible). I guess it's primarily used to in talks with vendors..

jt04

The model does look amazing. I am surprised they built a model and someone mentioned a preview center so perhaps we will get detailed pics soon.

Way to go TDO!!!

:cool:

asianway

From good old Lou: "The model (which we cannot photograph, sorry) is absolutely spectacular!!! Will have full report on this week's show"

Emphasis mine because that makes a lot of sense at a media event.
Whenever you meet a Disney fan, you should ask if they follow Lou. Depending on the answer, continue the conversation, politely excuse yourself, or run like hell

muteki

From good old Lou: "The model (which we cannot photograph, sorry) is absolutely spectacular!!! Will have full report on this week's show"

Emphasis mine because that makes a lot of sense at a media event.

I'm guessing the model mentioned and the one in the news post is the same thing?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm sure that the vendor list will likely be held tight for a while. I'd think that the full-list would be rather fluid between now and 2016 completion date, but I'd think that they'll eventually release a few "anchor" vendors.

I'll say now that I have at least seen the released concept art, I like. I like the additional water, it's smart of them, as the tranquility of the water features will likely cause people to unknowingly relax and slow-down a bit, thus causing them to spend more time/money in the area.
As someone who walks under elevated train tracks 5 days a week, I'm up in the air on that part. Even the rusted out ones I see daily have a nice, rugged beauty to them, so I like that they are taking the idea of the reclaimed elevated train "parks" to give the shade to the area. I'm torn because I really want to see the execution on it before I fully comment.
I do like that they are trying to continue the trend of placemaking.
I'm not excited about it being a glorified shopping mall though, but honestly, it is what it is and what it has been for a good chunk of it's time. I've not ventured past the Marketplace in probably 10 years, maybe this will make me do it on our next trip. It likely all depends on what is available.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Oh perfect, another place to rent personal watercraft. WDW was really lacking in that area. How exciting it is, indeed!
I can understand that there are a number of people who are disappointed with the plans but there is already a marina and watercraft rental in the marketplace. So why is this a problem for you?

Calvin Coolidge

I can understand that there are a number of people who are disappointed with the plans but there is already a marina and watercraft rental in the marketplace. So why is this a problem for you?

And I will never understand it!

I know I will not be able to sleep tonight worrying about your disapproval.

Zooey-Deschanel-Sad-Agreement.gif

mgf

Whenever you meet a Disney fan, you should ask if they follow Lou. Depending on the answer, continue the conversation, politely excuse yourself, or run like hell

I am feeling a little judged right now.... :eek: ...... ;)

FWIW, there is a difference between being a "follower" of someone and "following" them on Twitter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom