NickC

Just drove under the new beams, here's a photo:

Attachments

• _20150413_112610-01.jpeg
    _20150413_112610-01.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 215

mm121

Just drove under the new beams, here's a photo:

That is one long beam, though I know its not any longer than the typical regular size.

So are they just adding one beam each night? or did the first one just take the longest to install?

maxairmike

So looking at a graphic in the East garage thread just reminded me about the absolute worst part of this project that is yet to come, if it is still being included; the west-bound BVD flyover ramp to allow a free flow of traffic into the bus and garage area. I haven't heard anything to indicate that has been nixed, but given that they've already got that entire side prepped for the expansion towards DTD from the Hotel Plaza Blvd. intersection to beyond Entrance 5, I'm wondering if it will happen after all.

mm121

So looking at a graphic in the East garage thread just reminded me about the absolute worst part of this project that is yet to come, if it is still being included; the west-bound BVD flyover ramp to allow a free flow of traffic into the bus and garage area. I haven't heard anything to indicate that has been nixed, but given that they've already got that entire side prepped for the expansion towards DTD from the Hotel Plaza Blvd. intersection to beyond Entrance 5, I'm wondering if it will happen after all.
I'm sure they are still doing it, since if they dont do it, it will seriously mess up the traffic flow into the east garage/bus stop.
on top of that having a stoplight there would cause traffic exiting from the east garage to backup inside the garage as this traffic will be directed west on bvd.

ideally i'm sure they hope to get the new overpass complete before closing bvd, though they probably wouldn't close it completely just restrict it down to maybe one lane going west or something

ideally they'd get the i-4 ramp finished first but i dont think its possible to do that completely before they need to start the bvd reconstruction.

articos

I didn't get any pictures tonight, but at least one section of this walkway is in place now.
The section connecting the Village over Buena Vista Drive towards Buena Vista Palace and the Wyndham is in. The section crossing Hotel Plaza Blvd is still to come.

halltd

The section connecting the Village over Buena Vista Drive towards Buena Vista Palace and the Wyndham is in. The section crossing Hotel Plaza Blvd is still to come.

Yes that's the part I was referring to. I hadn't seen any pictures of that one installed yet, so I just wanted to mention it was installed. I know the one by the West garage has been installed for a while now.

halltd

I was driving by today and got stuck at the light for quite some time, so I took this picture. Half of the BVD portion of the bridge is in (the one I was referring to above). Interesting enough, it's not over the existing road at all. I got stuck at the light because the other half of the bridge was arriving on a flatbed. So, I'm guessing that will be going up soon.

IMG_20150511_101233244.jpg

Next Big Thing

This should definitely help traffic a bit once this one and the other one open up. With so many people still parking across the street, police officers will be stationed there to let endless amounts of people go across for normally 60 seconds. This should really clear that up and make getting across - whether you're a CM or a guest - a lot safer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom