Disney Springs Date Night Logistics (Homecoming vs Morimoto)

MrVargas

We are dropping the kids off (ages 6 and 8) at the Contemporary for Pixar Play Place which runs from 6pm to 10:30pm.

I had a 7pm Morimoto reservation and was planning on doing Star Wars into the Void afterwards. and then go to a lounge until it's time to pick up the kids. However an 8pm Homecomin' reservation popped up and I decided to snag it.

Morimoto is 2 credits at dinner. Homecoming is 1. I really wanted to try Morimoto but we are going to Disney Springs on another day during our trip. I could do Morimoto lunch and Homecoming dinner for the same credits as just Morimoto dinner.

1. Is this move a no brainer?

2. Is Homecomin' nice enough for a couples night? My wife is on the more casual side of things and tends to not enjoy restaurant experiences when they're tooexpensive/fancy (one of the reasons I'm doing the dining plan). She feels guilty about cost. With that said is this nice enough?

3. Do you think the timing of an 8pm reservation works? Do you think doing the void prior to Homecoming (i.e. 7-8pm) and then if we have any time after dinner get drinks at a lounge (perhaps at the Garden Grill) until it's time to get the kids sounds like a logically planned evening?

James J

In the Parks
No
I say go with the move. Homecomin' is absolutely ideal for what you're looking for in my opinion. My fiancée and I went there for dinner last October after reading so many good things, and we weren't disappointed. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere and definitely isn't too fancy. The food was outstanding too!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

1. Is this move a no brainer?

2. Is Homecomin' nice enough for a couples night? My wife is on the more casual side of things and tends to not enjoy restaurant experiences when they're tooexpensive/fancy (one of the reasons I'm doing the dining plan). She feels guilty about cost. With that said is this nice enough?
1-I would say yes.
2-We enjoyed Homecoming very much in December. The food was delicious and the ambiance nice but casual. Our server left something to be desired but I don't hold that against the restaurant as a whole.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
From your description of your wife's thoughts on restaurants, I think Homecomin' is your best bet.

For the timing, are you using Disney transport or a car? I would allow 1.5 hours for dinner. if you are using Disney Transport, you would need to allow 1 hour to be sure to be back by 10:30pm. By car, I would say you are looking at 25 minutes including walk time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom