Disney Springs construction begins

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Part II...

View attachment 145754

Anything announced for this space?
View attachment 145755

Not sure is this part of the BoatHouse store was supposed to be backroom storage, but if so, curtain it off...
View attachment 145756
View attachment 145757
View attachment 145758

Sign looks great from above. Too bad so few will see it...
View attachment 145759
View attachment 145760

Looks so strange to see it empty....
View attachment 145761
That section in the boathouse store is where they make (made?) the personalized life savers you see hanging on the wall there.

Gatorboy

A permit was filed in December of 2014 for this location with the description "Single story restaurant by Great Irish Pubs of Florida, Inc.", but it appears plans changed at some point.
It was also mentioned as site of Wine Bar George (working name). He's one of three Master Sommeliers in Florida. Last I heard was back in December I think. Nothing since then

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wasn't Disney Springs supposed to be done by now? With the massive layoffs at WDI, I'm just curious. It looks beautiful.

All the major permits run until December of 2017 so I always suspected that parts of the project would run into 2017. The Edison, Walt's and Neverland Tunnels will clearly run into next year, and there is still a location next to Coke that hasn't been built yet. I also think we may see some smaller projects to fix up some remaining original areas like they just did with the bridge over by Fulton's.

HauntedMansionFLA

All the major permits run until December of 2017 so I always suspected that parts of the project would run into 2017. The Edison, Walt's and Neverland Tunnels will clearly run into next year, and there is still a location next to Coke that hasn't been built yet. I also think we may see some smaller projects to fix up some remaining original areas like they just did with the bridge over by Fulton's.
Okay thanks. I guess I got the years mixed up:) It's really starting to take shape and look very beautiful. Step in the right direction compared to Downtown Disney.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wasn't Disney Springs supposed to be done by now? With the massive layoffs at WDI, I'm just curious. It looks beautiful.
It's kinda like saying is the Magic Kingdom complete.

The infrastructure at Disney Springs is long done. All that remains now is for the last of the few tenants to finish their locations.

djkidkaz

What is going in by Raglan Road on the side facing Jock Lindsey's? There has been a wall around there for ages and it's just a small little area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What is going in by Raglan Road on the side facing Jock Lindsey's? There has been a wall around there for ages and it's just a small little area.

There were permits filed a long time ago indicating that it would be an expansion of Raglan Road, but is appears that plans changed at some point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom