Disney Springs construction begins

JohnWD

I was down last week and had the chance to walk around a bit. Was the exterior paint at Planet Hollywood ever that dirty before the construction? It was really surprisingly grimy and you can get a sense of it in @cindy_k 's photo at post 1931.

Walking from the orange parking garage back toward the original 1970s Disney Village buildings, most everything "spring" is behind a construction wall.

The Boathouse is already a welcome addition and draws a lot of interest when the vehicles are getting ready to launch. I heard a cast member give a quote of just over $120 for a party of two to take the cruise so the price is greater than the novelty to me, but an onlooker told me he thought that to be a reasonable price, so perhaps they will continue to do well.

It was my opinion the Hangar Bar could add a few more food items to its menu and do much better during the day but I would expect it is very popular when the sun goes down and more people are in search of a drink.

It will likely be a while before my next visit and so I will look forward to the reports here of the finished product.
If you are eating at the Boathouse, they will usually discount the cruise during a non-busy time - to around $80.

Next Big Thing

That's my point.

I don't want to take the bus from Congress Park to Disney Springs. I want to take the bus from other places to Disney Springs and then walk back to my room. For example, if I were having dinner at Sanaa on an Animal Kingdom park day, I'd like to be able to do Animal Kingdom, bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, bus to Disney Springs, walk to Congress Park. If that bus stop isn't open, I'd have to do Animal Kingdom, bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, bus back to Animal Kingdom, bus to Congress Park.
Ahh. Gotcha.

halltd

Perhaps blend is the wrong word. Compliment may be better. I think it works well.
I don't think the garages are too bad during the day. But the "surface of the sun" lighting levels that they installed inside make them look hideous at night. It's too bad they didn't use the metal panels on the exterior to also help contain the light inside the garage.

Marlins1

Is that very cool looking Coca Cola building actually going to open while Planet Hollywood looks like that right next to it? That building never looked good but now it is truly an eyesore!

roj2323

Is that very cool looking Coca Cola building actually going to open while Planet Hollywood looks like that right next to it? That building never looked good but now it is truly an eyesore!

Planet hollywood should start looking better in the near future. The project is only supposed to be 6 months if I recall so they have got to be getting somewhat close to starting to address the exterior remodel.

Texas84

Cleaning crew in the Springs
Springs cleaning.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom