Disney Springs construction begins

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why would they add another flip flop store when they just added Sanuk ( a flip flop store ) just a couple stores down?
That type of footwear is going to sell very well in Orlando, and having one store does not mean that you can't add another. Most shopping areas do not restrict their offerings to one in each category.

djkidkaz

It just seems odd to replicate, especially so close to each other, when there are plenty of other options for varied merchandise shops.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Feb 21. These new light poles have appeared inside the long-standing construction walled area near the entrance to the Lego store closest to the Marketplace Causeway. There are smaller additional accent lights on the poles, perhaps to highlight a new Lego creation to be placed here (speculation).

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4844.JPG

Update on the construction behind Planet Hollywood.

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

Here is the original Pleasure Island bridge that led from the parking lot to the street between Raglan Road and the to-be Morimoto restaurant.

IMG_4848.JPG

flyerjab

So @danlb_2000 and @mechurchlady, the big question that I have concerning The Landing at this point is, aside from finishing The Boathouse and The Hangar, what else still needs to be done there? There are still a few locations that need to be filled, is that correct? Are all of the shops that were scheduled to go in there completed and opened at this point? Wasn't there also a large venue that still does not have an owner? I thought that there was mention of The Edison, or the group that runs The Edison, opening something in The Landing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So @danlb_2000 and @mechurchlady, the big question that I have concerning The Landing at this point is, aside from finishing The Boathouse and The Hangar, what else still needs to be done there? There are still a few locations that need to be filled, is that correct? Are all of the shops that were scheduled to go in there completed and opened at this point? Wasn't there also a large venue that still does not have an owner? I thought that there was mention of The Edison, or the group that runs The Edison, opening something in The Landing.

We also have Morimoto and STK which have been announced but not opened, we have the Kinetescape Steam & Power (The Edison) locations which we have seen documents for but nothing official has been announced, and one large location next to those that we know nothing about. I think there are also a few smaller locations that still need to be filled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom