Disney Springs construction begins

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 29. The shoreline of the Disney Springs river between T-Rex Café and Fulton's Crab House / Portobello's is taking shape. In this view over the construction wall, a concrete retaining wall has been added to create a semi-circular "overlook" located at the Lilly Pad walkway. The first photo is near the Pleasure Island bridge near T-Rex Cafe. The second photo is just to the right of the first photo.

IMG_4595.JPG

Note the white pickup in the center of the photo near the bottom of the river.

IMG_4596.JPG

Adam N

Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 29. As reported on Jan 18, the temporary construction "boxes" in the planters near the Harley Davidson store have been removed and reveal two light fixtures with a design not seen elsewhere. Note that the base of the light poles display "Disney Springs" even though this is considered part of West Side.

View attachment 80663

View attachment 80664
I'm obsessed with the lights by Harley because they way the lamp and the top is designed is reminiscent of Planet Hollywood's design with a big ball and metal going vertically up the sides. Idk if that was intentional but that's what it looks like to me. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 29. As reported on Jan 18, the temporary construction "boxes" in the planters near the Harley Davidson store have been removed and reveal two light fixtures with a design not seen elsewhere. Note that the base of the light poles display "Disney Springs" even though this is considered part of West Side.

View attachment 80663

View attachment 80664
Remember that the West Side is still a district of Disney Springs - so those lights are on-theme.

TomHendricks

Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 20. The Art of Shaving store is probably within days of opening. The windows and door are now visible and the leftmost window has been frosted/etched with the words "Barber Spa." I just happened to be there when a cast member opened the door and the displays are already set up inside.

View attachment 80665

View attachment 80666

Yes!!!! Thats what I was hoping for, Barber Spa. I'm so glad that this AoS will be one, I'll be there in just over a week and if they are open, I'll be going,

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Jan 30. The Art of Shaving store has a barber pole installed in the outside corner. A cast member said it would be opening next week. The cast member also said Chapel Hats would open this afternoon, but there are still lots of merchandise boxes all over the floor, so perhaps tomorrow.

IMG_4618.JPG

The corner near Apex Sunglasses is open now, no construction walls. This is across from Paradiso 37 and The Hangar.

IMG_4628.JPG

Scaffolding and cloth covering have been removed from the end façade of the Chapel Hats building, next to Raglan Road. A new copper trim can be seen at the roofline of the entire building, which matches the copper awnings over Chapel Hats doors.

IMG_4623.JPG

WDWtraveler

does this mean that that walkway in front of Paradiso is now open and clear?

Not sure what you mean by "in front of Paradiso." The uphill street where the Paradiso main entrance has always been, is and has been open for a few months. The Paradiso open deck overlooking the lake is open, but surrounded by construction cloth to hide construction of The Hangar. The "boardwalk" in front of Paradiso's deck and between Paradiso and The Hangar is walled off now. Does this help?

RayTheFirefly

Not sure what you mean by "in front of Paradiso." The uphill street where the Paradiso main entrance has always been, is and has been open for a few months. The Paradiso open deck overlooking the lake is open, but surrounded by construction cloth to hide construction of The Hangar. The "boardwalk" in front of Paradiso's deck and between Paradiso and The Hangar is walled off now. Does this help?
Yeah, thanks! I meant the walkway/street where its main entrance has always been. It was closed for a while, no? Which means that "boardwalk" bypass over the water they built should be going away soon, right?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 31. An over the wall view of the end of the Chapel Hats building, next to Raglan Road (see last posted photo above). Once the underground utilities are taken care of, this exposure will be revealed as a brick wall with probably a planter underneath. No surprises. This view is looking towards Raglan Road Cooke's bar.

IMG_4642.JPG

In another area, this over the wall view was taken from the old Pleasure Island bridge to the West Side. More concrete forms/retaining walls which will lead to the lower level of Disney Springs.

IMG_4650.JPG

Of note in the below photo, a new bridge over the Disney Springs river is taking shape behind Planet Hollywood. Note the four tall pillars (rebar).

IMG_4651.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Feb 3. The Art of Shaving store at Disney Spring's The Landing received some Disney executive visitors this morning. A cast member said the store will have a soft opening Thursday, Feb 5. A time for the opening was not given. On the second photo, note the marble floor entrance with engraved "Art of Shaving."

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Feb 3. Construction update on Disney Springs river between T-Rex Café and Raglan Road. Note that decorative rock work is already being applied to the concrete retaining walls and light pole bases, which will form a riverside walkway, with semi-circular viewing areas.

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4736.JPG

IMG_4737.JPG

Next to the old Pleasure Island bridge to West Side, these retaining walls will guide guests from the upper level of The Landing to the lower Disney Springs level.

IMG_4739.JPG

Finally, the walls of the old Mannequin's have been completely removed to the building's structural steel, with the same occurring behind the construction cloth on the right. Will become the Morimoto Asia restaurant.

IMG_4726.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom