Disney Springs construction begins

WDWtraveler

Disney Springs detail I just noticed. Photo as of Tuesday, Dec 23. There are lights embedded under the handrails that accompany steps in the Disney Springs area. These are also installed in the handrails at The Landing amphitheater.
IMG_4364.JPG

WDWtraveler

My attempt to document construction (C-17, STK?) in Disney Springs area next to the new restrooms. Photos as of Tuesday, Dec 23.

In the below photo, the beige wall is the new restrooms. You can see part of the round roof structure on the left. There is no building next to the restrooms, but there is a building on the lower level, with the exposed roof of this lower level being walked on by the construction worker.

IMG_4363.JPG

A view farther to the right from the previous photo. The beige wall is on the extreme left behind a green construction wall, with the triangular roof feature being the back of the restroom building. The curved concrete form on the right is part of the external ramp to the lower level. Therefore, whatever is in between is part of C-17.

IMG_4361.JPG

In this distant photo taken from the West Side garage, the beige wall of the restrooms is just to left of center (see triangular roof feature in the back). All current construction seems to be on the lower level. The curved concrete form is below the beige wall.

IMG_4374.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...32.pdf?id=DOC1575S1097.A0&parent=DOC1575S1097

STK is 100 feet east and south of BET! The master plan shows the bathroom wall heads east then south. Based on concept art I feel that the west side entrance is behind the best groom and the men are in an area of terraced paths down the hillside.

Here is a plot of the survey coordinates for STK on an older map of Pleasure Island. I don't have the curve quite right, but I think it's close.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You may have been on to a great idea. A vampire themed "stakehouse". Servers dress up as vampires and the place sells only rare and medium rare steaks of course and no garlic mashed potatoes;). It would be dark inside with no sunlight and definitely no mirrors. They could have a variety of bloody Marys as their signature drinks. Not a great fit for Disney Springs because it would scare the heck out of the little ones, but maybe a good addition for City Walk. Could be hugely popular during the Halloween Horror nights.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Dec 31. An over the wall photo of the space between Paradiso 37 (left side of photo) and the old Adventurer's Club (right side of photo). On The Landings Map, at ground level this should be C23, and at the "street" level this should be C12 on the right. Both reported to be Kinetescape Steam & Power. The wooden beam on the left is part of the expanded structure for Paradiso 37.

IMG_4390.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom