Disney Springs construction begins

roj2323

Disney Springs "logo" appears, photo as of Sunday, December 14. This logo sign appeared in a couple of places this week, in the narrow street next to Portobello's. The sign is about 2 1/2 feet in diameter; 'print on 1/4 inch board' as other signs and posters.

View attachment 76489
purdy

I like it.

On another subject did you happen to take a look at the causeway bridge? I would think they should be doing clean up and painting by now prepping to open it soon.

WDWtraveler

Last edited:

mechurchlady

The blue lines on the map have had permits pulled. Buena Vista curves north at the corner. The bridge will cross from DTD on the northwest corner to the northeast corner. At that juncture is another bridge to the southeast corner. This will allow people to safely cross Buena Vista without slowing down traffic. Any questions? There will be a service in Town Center where Pollo Compero was. It will take a while to get answers as wdw is good at hiding info.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The blue lines on the map have had permits pulled. Buena Vista curves north at the corner. The bridge will cross from DTD on the northwest corner to the northeast corner. At that juncture is another bridge to the southeast corner. This will allow people to safely cross Buena Vista without slowing down traffic. Any questions? There will be a service in Town Center where Pollo Compero was. It will take a while to get answers as wdw is good at hiding info.
Do you have a list of vendors moving into the Town Center area? Haven't heard much about it.

mechurchlady

Service area - Service Yard
iPod issues!

I have posted what I know. Right now we should see vendors pulling permits for the Landing. No word on Adventurers Club!! WDW is pulling permits to build thing then the vendor file financial statements and pull permits to commence work. Until Marketplace and Town Center are ready for occupancy there won't be many names of vendors being revealed unless the business wants a certain location or to lock in on something else.

Shops In The Landing
Valentine Bakery & Chapel Headwear
Edwin Pearl, Apex by Sunglass Hut, & Sound Lion
Sanuk by Deckers
Art of Shaving
Set The Bar
Sublime

The LandingRestaurants
The Hangar
Kinetscape owned by Andrew Meieran
STK
Morimoto's
Boathouse
Paradiso 37
Raglan Road
Portobello
Fulton's
Possibly a new Raglan Road quick service but that is a guess!

Town Center
Edward Beiner eyewear and L'Occitane fragrance and personal care

Pollo Compero said they be back.

mechurchlady

What do you mean "there will be a service"?
And wasn't Pollo Compero was in Marketplace, not in the future Town Center area.
Base on the map there will be a large courtyard between T-Rex and Lego store that will have a path to the garage and the landing for a bridge to Rainforest Cafe. T-Rex will become part of Town Center along with Pollo Compero's site. In theory that is what it will be. The path and courtyard will make a new hub and separation between Town Center and Marketplace. This hub will allow guests to use a path through Town Center, path to east end of Marketplace on a bridge, path to Marketplace, and path to the Landing.

mechurchlady

So if your list is correct, what happened to The Edison?
The Edison is owned by Andrew Meieran who owns Kinetscape. They are in C13 and C23. The Edison, The Tunnels, and Walt's Place are names mentioned over the past year. I think he might have a Walt's Place diner and an underground adult C23 area known as The Tunnels. Meieran loves Los Angeles architecture from long ago as well as Disney. Maybe when The Edison was leaked he did not have a theme in mind. The leaked info was before Meieran signed with Disney a financial UCC. Barbara Jacobs is a stable person who has been with Meieran for a long time. Clifton's was where Walt Disney got ideas and would have frequented as Clifton's was cheap and offered food that could be bought and ate in minutes. Another Meieran tie to his live of Disney.

Last edited:

flyerjab

The Edison is owned by Andrew Meieran who owns Kinetscape. They are in C13 and C23. The Edison, The Tunnels, and Walt's Place are names mentioned over the past year. I think he might have a Walt's Place diner and an underground adult C23 area known as The Tunnels. Meieran loves Los Angeles architecture from long ago as well as Disney. Maybe when The Edison was leaked he did not have a theme in mind. The leaked info was before Meieran signed with Disney a financial UCC. Barbara Jacobs is a stable person who has been with Meieran for a long time. Clifton's was where Walt Disney got ideas and would have frequented as Clifton's was cheap and offered food that could be bought and ate in minutes. Another Meieran tie to his live of Disney.

Sorry to ask about this again but I am having trouble ascertaining if the question about The Edison was actually answered. Are you stating that Meieran has locations in C13 and C23 and that Walt's Place and The Tunnels might be filling those spots and that The Edison will not be coming to DS? I have looked at the website for The Edison when it was first speculated that it might be coming to DS and I have to say that the place looks incredible. Was really hoping that it would be coming here to the Orlando location in DS.

mechurchlady

Sorry to ask about this again but I am having trouble ascertaining if the question about The Edison was actually answered. Are you stating that Meieran has locations in C13 and C23 and that Walt's Place and The Tunnels might be filling those spots and that The Edison will not be coming to DS? I have looked at the website for The Edison when it was first speculated that it might be coming to DS and I have to say that the place looks incredible. Was really hoping that it would be coming here to the Orlando location in DS.
Right now there are three names for that location. I have been studying things. Based on Linkin profile of Batbara Jacobs it will be a The Edison and the Tunnels. There is no way to know until permits are pulled or they announce the names.

flyerjab

Right now there are three names for that location. I have been studying things. Based on Linkin profile of Batbara Jacobs it will be a The Edison and the Tunnels. There is no way to know until permits are pulled or they announce the names.

Thanks for responding. You can probably tell from some of my posts that I am anxiously awaiting the completion of The Landing. I feel like they really nailed this part of the project thus far. I think that the dining options here are going to be exceptional.

mechurchlady

Thanks for responding. You can probably tell from some of my posts that I am anxiously awaiting the completion of The Landing. I feel like they really nailed this part of the project thus far. I think that the dining options here are going to be exceptional.
My autism helps me solve this puzzle. I love the attention to detail and creating a land called The Landing. Land just like Fantasyland. I am sorry I did not note early permits as those have clues. The Landing is awesome! Ask away, I am broke so not trips planned even if I am in Winter Haven.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Dec 19. What I thought would be the entrance to a new restaurant is now a full set of Restrooms.

IMG_4248.JPG

Inside the men's room....enjoy.

IMG_4247.JPG

WDWtraveler

Additional photo updates for construction at Disney Springs, as of Friday, Dec 19. For those of you who remember The Adventurer's Club, here is an "over the wall" view.

IMG_4249.JPG

Two photos of the building to be Morimoto's Asia. The original awning over the front door is gone now. Most of the east wall of the building is open for work.

IMG_4252.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

An attached room behind T-Rex which had decorative rockwork, was being destroyed this morning. Probably too close to the new Disney Springs river bank.

IMG_4259.JPG

Another view of the T-Rex "outbuilding" being taken down. In the foreground, forms for a wall to be constructed along the new Disney Springs river.

IMG_4253.JPG

To continue the above photo, turning to the right, looking along the Disney Springs river towards Planet Hollywood. Raglan Road is on the right side of this photo.

IMG_4264.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom