Disney Springs construction begins

roj2323

the word 'expansion' would tend to, well to me anyway, to mean growth, larger...

If I remember the plans correctly WOD will expand (almost doubling the size of the store) to an enclosed breezeway that will connect to the second parking garage and the shopping (mall) will extend off the other side.

G00fyDad

If I remember the plans correctly WOD will expand (almost doubling the size of the store) to an enclosed breezeway that will connect to the second parking garage and the shopping (mall) will extend off the other side.

Thank you. This is what I was referring to by my post. The "expansion" could have meant that they were expanding the store to add stockroom space, or even expanding the exterior portions of the building without adding any real square footage to the inside. After all, they are theming all of the buildings to the new look aren't they?

roj2323

Thank you. This is what I was referring to by my post. The "expansion" could have meant that they were expanding the store to add stockroom space, or even expanding the exterior portions of the building without adding any real square footage to the inside. After all, they are theming all of the buildings to the new look aren't they?

Here's a pretty good shot of the model
0412.DSprings_2D00_20.jpg

the red building in the foreground is the current WOD with the expansion being the gray colored roof area. The blue-gray/yellow section is the breezeway and beyond that is the "mall" The roundish building in the lower right is the lego store.

G00fyDad

Here's a pretty good shot of the model
0412.DSprings_2D00_20.jpg

the red building in the foreground is the current WOD with the expansion being the gray colored roof area. The blue-gray/yellow section is the breezeway and beyond that is the "mall" The roundish building in the lower right is the lego store.

Thanks. That's pretty amazing looking. I really cannot wait to see the finished product. I'd almost (only almost) like to skip the area until all of the construction is complete just to get the full brunt of the place in all it's glory instead of piece-by-piece with walls everywhere until they are done.

roj2323

Thanks. That's pretty amazing looking. I really cannot wait to see the finished product. I'd almost (only almost) like to skip the area until all of the construction is complete just to get the full brunt of the place in all it's glory instead of piece-by-piece with walls everywhere until they are done.
that's kinda the funny part for me, when it's done i'll be bored with it.

CTXRover

Photo update as of Saturday, September 13, 2014. Photo taken from balcony of Splitsville in West Side showing courtyard construction zone between Splitsville and Bongos. Appears to be bases for 3-4 vertical structures. Unsure of three covered areas.

View attachment 65669
My guess is that the four squares are bases for 4 posts to support another part of the high line. Similar to the separate piece near Starbucks making it look like pieces were cut out to showcase the biildings that now sit behind the high line.

JordanKing

My guess is that the four squares are bases for 4 posts to support another part of the high line. Similar to the separate piece near Starbucks making it look like pieces were cut out to showcase the biildings that now sit behind the high line.
This is what I am thinking too.

CTXRover

Yes - but the circles are an interesting piece of the puzzle.

Perhaps some more planters? Not sure though. If they do put a highline area here and all sections have the greenery hanging from it, this could be a nice addition to the West Side. I wasn't quite sure how it would look, but I'm starting to see how nice this could become.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom