Disney Springs construction begins

TestTrack Dummy

Did you spot any DS tenants? We are attempting to locate and identify them in another thread. But our efforts have proven fruitless thusfar.
I did not but the construction over on pleasure island near paradiso is moving along pretty quickly. I also took some photos of that area but the size limitation doesn't let me upload them.

roj2323

Try this link to see the other photos, It should work.
https://imageshack.com/user/anthony.melo.5
I love high res images, thank you. It looks as if they are starting to button up the electrical rough in for the food truck parking lot. Hopefully in the next few weeks we should start seeing some concrete forms popping up. I'm also excited to see that it looks like they are installing a permeant boardwalk of sorts by the current temporary one. It should look nice and really add to the atmosphere.

So far from what I have seen of the Disney springs project I am incredibly impressed and Extremely excited to get to see it grow into reality. As someone who enjoys a good atmosphere combined with a large variety of dining and shopping choices I know I am going to enjoy visiting Disney Springs for years and years to come.

roj2323

Theron Skees discusses Disney Springs with new CG renderings in this video:

If you slow this video to 1/4 speed there are a ton of details to be seen. The most notable thing is the fact that it is a very large shopping mall with a sudo town around it. That said it will be beautiful and unlike any mall i've ever seen. Being a local I'm very much looking forward to experiencing it.

WDWtraveler

Disney Springs construction photos as of Aug 31, 2014 - specifically the "Food Truck" area at Downtown Disney West Side. Looks more like a seating area with water fountains and landscaping.

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

IMG_2839.JPG

roj2323

Yeah, I wonder if they are going to have utility hook ups in those areas so they want them to be well protected from the trucks.

There is definitely some electrical services installed (see the bundles of gray 1 inch pipe) but I don't see the 2.5 inch pipe needed for the large High Amperage plugs they use for the trucks. Additionally I don't see a lot of room for more than 2 trucks which is somewhat confusing. As for the planters I'm thinking they are building low walls for seating, which makes sense as it eliminates the need for tables and chairs.

WDWtraveler

I didn't want to speculate when I posted the pictures, but roj2323's insight seems appropriate. Viewing the area in person, there doesn't seem to be enough room for any food trucks at all. My prediction: the "food truck" idea has been replaced with a different use for the area. I can imagine (but not confirm) food kiosks, landscape planters, fountains, a small entertainment stage, and general seating. The area closer to the lake slopes lower to the level of the sidewalk near the lake, which provides even less room for the "food truck" plan. By the way, the posters on the outside walls still say "food truck park coming in summer 2014."

roj2323

I didn't want to speculate when I posted the pictures, but roj2323's insight seems appropriate. Viewing the area in person, there doesn't seem to be enough room for any food trucks at all. My prediction: the "food truck" idea has been replaced with a different use for the area. I can imagine (but not confirm) food kiosks, landscape planters, fountains, a small entertainment stage, and general seating. The area closer to the lake slopes lower to the level of the sidewalk near the lake, which provides even less room for the "food truck" plan. By the way, the posters on the outside walls still say "food truck park coming in summer 2014."

I wouldn't be surprised really. It seems like the food trucks really are not all that popular. Personally I think its because of the food being offered. I don't want fancy food out of a truck, I want a cheeseburger, tacos or chicken and not anything with pickled vegetables.

Edit: I did a google search of the concept drawings and found a few http://damouse.com/2014/04/22/disney-reveals-concept-art-for-disney-springs-food-truck-park/

It looks like one truck will be backed into the corner by the women's restroom entrance, one will be directly across from it parked partially under the elevated structure and the other two will straddle the area of the curved planter in the foreground. I don't see this happening in real life but that's what the drawings show.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom