Disney Springs construction begins

muteki

Does anyone know how long the construction on Disney Spring will take? Are they still going to have the boat ride from Port Orleans to Disney Spring? I hope they keep that.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Its going to be the best option to get there while the parking situation is sorted out over the next few years.

General question: the cast members that are being relocated from near PI: Are they DD management types? Have they just worked out of PI all these years?

jt04

I don't see why they wouldn't. Its going to be the best option to get there while the parking situation is sorted out over the next few years.

General question: the cast members that are being relocated from near PI: Are they DD management types? Have they just worked out of PI all these years?

Yes.

CTXRover

NICE! They aren't messing around this time... Disney Springs is on it's way!

Funny how this can be announced and construction begins almost immediately and something like Avatar was announced years ago and it's... well... *queue crickets chirping*

Glad to see things moving forward so quickly.

Just remember the differences in when and how these were announced. Disney Springs has been in development for nearly 2 years after they canned Hyperion Wharf. Once development was completed with construction permits assigned, etc., then they announced it. That is why construction can begin so shortly after the annoucement.

On the other hand, Avatar was announced in September 2011 right when the partnership was first signed without much done in terms of development other than some blue sky ideas to convince James Cameron and Disney of the possibility of a theme park development on this idea being something they felt to be worthwhile. Hence, 2 years of development since its announcement would make sense before we would get any firm details on what it may include and to see signs of construction. That will take us to this D23 and thus I would suspect we should see something by then. The fact that AK has been making recent efforts to move the meet n' greets and Festival of the Lion King out of there by the end of this year would seem to suggest they are still proceeding forward with the plan for this land, no matter what is finally entails.

twebber55

Glad to see things moving forward so quickly.

Just remember the differences in when and how these were announced. Disney Springs has been in development for nearly 2 years after they canned Hyperion Wharf. Once development was completed with construction permits assigned, etc., then they announced it. That is why construction can begin so shortly after the annoucement.

On the other hand, Avatar was announced in September 2011 right when the partnership was first signed without much done in terms of development other than some blue sky ideas to convince James Cameron and Disney of the possibility of a theme park development on this idea being something they felt to be worthwhile. Hence, 2 years of development since its announcement would make sense before we would get any firm details on what it may include and to see signs of construction. That will take us to this D23 and thus I would suspect we should see something by then. The fact that AK has been making recent efforts to move the meet n' greets and Festival of the Lion King out of there by the end of this year would seem to suggest they are still proceeding forward with the plan for this land, no matter what is finally entails.
agree
besides the fact they have always said from the beginning 2013 for construction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom