News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

disneygeek90

Lava Lounge (outside bar attached to Rainforest) is also operating.
283574AA-2B6C-4EB3-8FCE-0AB2D7BB3349.jpeg

EBB6D161-9206-40B8-8E59-26A4DD5D1BA4.jpeg

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney Springs AMC reopens on August 20th and will have movies available for $0.15 on that day.

That’s a good marketing ploy. The safety measures are the same as other theaters, so this does something to help them stand out. Unless they’ve changed their policy, I disagree with the lack of refills, though. That’s a non-starter for my family.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That’s a good marketing ploy. The safety measures are the same as other theaters, so this does something to help them stand out. Unless they’ve changed their policy, I disagree with the lack of refills, though. That’s a non-starter for my family.

You have to wonder if the lack of refills and limited menu are cost cutting measures being disguised as safety measures.

UNCgolf

You have to wonder if the lack of refills and limited menu are cost cutting measures being disguised as safety measures.

I think there are legitimate safety issues with refills, depending on the type of drink dispenser. Anything where you actually press your cup against a lever to activate the machine could easily involve transferring germs from your cup to the lever, and then back to whoever's cup uses the machine next. Less of an issue with something like the absolutely horrible Coke Freestyle machines -- the touchscreen has to be used regardless of whether it's a refill.

There are ways around that, though. There's a local QS restaurant near me that has a no refill policy, but only to existing cups. They will give you a new cup if you want more.

Last edited:

TYOTimer

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think there are legitimate safety issues with refills, depending on the type of drink dispenser. Anything where you actually press your cup against a lever to activate the machine could easily involve transferring germs from your cup to the lever, and then back to whoever's cup uses the machine next. Less of an issue with something like the absolutely horrible Coke Freestyle machines -- the touchscreen has to be used regardless of whether it's a refill.

There are ways around that, though. There's a local QS restaurant near me that has a no refill policy, but only to existing cups. They will give you a new cup if you want more.

I wasn't sure if it was self server re-fill or if a employee has to do it. If it's an employee then the fix is easy, they throw away the empty you give them and use a fresh cup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom