News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

Ravenclaw78

Homecoming and a couple of other 3rd-party restaurants in DS actually never stopped taking reservations through MDE when the rest of the ADRs were disabled on the 28th. Don't read anything into this, nothing has changed.

durangojim

Homecoming and a couple of other 3rd-party restaurants in DS actually never stopped taking reservations through MDE when the rest of the ADRs were disabled on the 28th. Don't read anything into this, nothing has changed.
My reservations that I had at homecom in’ from 7-12-7/22 were all cancelled by Disney and I wasn’t able to rebook until today so that isn’t true, at least for me.
11041C85-37EA-4672-BBAF-B9E1DB37FC17.jpeg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Went to Disney Springs today for a couple of hours after an 8 hour car ride!! It was so nice to go eat a decent pizza at Blazin Pizza again. Social distancing was in full effect. There was a worker who filled up your sodas for you, instead of being self served. You also had to get a new cup for a refill.

It was so nice to be able to WALK in Disney Springs. Just about everyone was wearing their masks except for a few older folks who, judging by their appearance, looked a bit self entitled and had those knitted “don’t tell me what to do” eyebrows. But again, I’d say 95% of the folks there were following all rules and wearing their masks.

The masks were literally no issue for me, my fiancé, or my brother and law. But we’re also all 19, 20, and 22... so I take it, it might be harder to breathe the older you get. Still, my brother in law has asthma issues and he had no problems with the mask.

PLENTY of parking spots at the lime garage. Parker on the first floor. World of Disney was so empty, I could Walk in the store! Bought myself a “I conquered It’s a Small Word” t-shirt. After which, we left to go to our Airbnb 1 mile away from Universal, which is where we’ll be going to, tomorrow.

Side note, there were lots of signs on 95 stating that there would be a check point entering Florida, including traffic and cones... but nobody was getting pulled over or checked or anything. Also, 99% of the cars here are Florida plates. We feel so off with our S.C. plate!

robhedin

This is awesome news. I think the later hours will start seeing larger crowds.
Definitely good news. I'm not sure about the crowds at the moment- when we were just there, crowds were pretty light in the evening (7p+); it could have just been we were there, but I suspect crowds are mostly locals at the moment. It may not get more crowded until after the parks open and out of town people start arriving. Hopefully it does, since I'm sure the retail and restaurants can use the traffic.

Letteyeti

Definitely good news. I'm not sure about the crowds at the moment- when we were just there, crowds were pretty light in the evening (7p+); it could have just been we were there, but I suspect crowds are mostly locals at the moment. It may not get more crowded until after the parks open and out of town people start arriving. Hopefully it does, since I'm sure the retail and restaurants can use the traffic.
It was pretty light when I was there as well. You are correct that it is mostly locals with a few I suspect coming from neighboring States. I do expect the crowds to go up with the later hours and definitely when the parks open up.

disneygeek90

It was pretty light when I was there as well. You are correct that it is mostly locals with a few I suspect coming from neighboring States. I do expect the crowds to go up with the later hours and definitely when the parks open up.
I don’t think the later time will necessary make it more crowded, rather people will hang out longer. The first few weeks they were open it was until 10, but several places were closing up around 9 anyway.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Saw several cast members training today. They have been deployed from the parks it seems as several were wearing costumes from their original locations. Saw people in DINOSAUR!, The Land, and future world costumes in a group getting a walking orientation, might be an indication of more locations opening soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom