News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

yaksplat

The WHO is saying in general that you should not be wearing masks.
1590767211803.png

jt04

The full WHO guidance leaves it up to the individual jurisdictions to decide to recommend masks for "healthy populations" based on multiple factors. The CDC, as the main health agency of the United States, has decided that they are recommended.

Everything changes on a daily basis but I'm not sure masks do much but make people less insecure. The data when all is said and done will be interesting. Especially if herd immunity turns out to be favorable to waiting on a vaccine. Looks more likely as time passes. Can't wait for the scientific papers and conclusions.

Goofnut1980

And a lot of merchandise fanatics.

I could kick myself when I was at DL in January and Feb, I saw this Space Mountain cookie jar for the 45th.. and I said.. oh I will get it next week.. and next week it sold out. Then it was coming back in stock and Corona shut the place down... Still waiting for that little beauty! It has never been on the shopdisney site.

Goofnut1980

They are guidelines suggested by the CDC. Disney is implementing those guidelines. Better to be safe than sorry. But it’s also why we aren’t bringing our young son to the parks anytime soon. We know we can’t comply, so we won’t go.

I agree. It will be hard for parents to keep the masks on a small child and who wants to fight with a 2 year old all day because they keep taking the mask off. It would be exhausting!

jt04

I agree. It will be hard for parents to keep the masks on a small child and who wants to fight with a 2 year old all day because they keep taking the mask off. It would be exhausting!

If a child won't tolerate a mask when someplace is requiring them I would just stay home and not venture out. It would be nice if people could relearn the skill of being responsible for themselves instead of demanding others change to meet their demands.

MrPromey

If a child won't tolerate a mask when someplace is requiring them I would just stay home and not venture out. It would be nice if people could relearn the skill of being responsible for themselves instead of demanding others change to meet their demands.

I gave serious thought to creating a few new accounts just to "like" this more than once.

Don't want to wear a mask? Nobody is forcing you to go through the hassle to be there and wear one.

I have a FL AP. I already hate wearing the masks for the limited time I have to be outside while traveling to and from car to stores and can't imagine spending a whole day at Disney with one on. I'll probably be letting my pass expire.

I don't get all the outrage from people when nobody is forcing them to wear a mask to begin with - just don't go until things change. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
I gave serious thought to creating a few new accounts just to "like" this more than once.

Don't want to wear a mask? Don't go.

I have a FL AP. I already hate wearing the masks for the limited time I have to be outside while traveling to and from car to stores and can't imagine spending a whole day at Disney with one on. I'll probably be letting my pass expire.

I don't get all the outrage from people when nobody is forcing them to wear a mask to begin with - just don't go. 🤷‍♂️
You don't need multiple accounts. Just go back and "like" the hundreds of other posts that say the same thing.

jt04

Don't want to wear a mask? Don't go.

I don't get all the outrage from people when nobody is forcing them to wear a mask to begin with - just don't go. 🤷‍♂️

The flip side to that is that is if a place doesn't require masks and has been cleared to operate should be able to do so without people getting offended. If you don't want to be someplace where people aren't required to wear them then stay home.

Okay, done venting. 😷

Chi84

Premium Member
I think this one sums it up better than the others I've been reading on here. :)
After awhile, all those "If you don't like [insert current topic here], then don't go to Disney" posts start to look alike to me. I don’t understand what purpose they serve other than to dismiss someone’s concerns and cut short a discussion they don’t like. I think everyone knows they have the option not to go to Disney.

Last edited:

icc2515

My only concern was the lack of hand sanitizer locations, I just didn't feel there were enough compared to say my local supermarket where there is one it seems every 20 feet and one always in vision.
I am at Disney Springs right now and there is hand sanitizer like every place. You cant walk 100 feet without running into a hand sanitizer. Every body is wearing a mask. It is 92 degrees and not one person has passed out, although i am close but not because of the mask. (The boathouse old fashions and shipwrecks). Here is what I can tell you about masks. N95 no go horrible. Cotton homemade nope horrible. Paper blue mask like you get on Amazon. EXactly the same as with no mask in 92 degrees with sun shining directly on you pretty darn bad. Just so I am clear no mask and paper blue mask are the same. Its hot here. With or without a mask. Oh and Disney Springs is empty. Anybody wanting to come out the B is open and the service is fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom