News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

Lilofan

Since it’s pouring cats and dogs right now, what are people at Disney Springs doing if the stores are at capacity? Do they just have to tough it out in the rain? Do they all huddle together under an overhang and ignore the 6’ rule?
Perhaps someone is going to post on social media the conditions during a Florida downpour.

disneygeek90

Just look at the line just to enter World of Disney.

I think many rushed there in order to try and get a few limited edition (Minnie?) items released from the previous few months. I know some sold online but usually in the parks as well. I'll be interested to see this crowd hopefully drop significantly beginning tomorrow. Springs had been pleasant the past week.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Since it’s pouring cats and dogs right now, what are people at Disney Springs doing if the stores are at capacity? Do they just have to tough it out in the rain? Do they all huddle together under an overhang and ignore the 6’ rule?
Only World of Disney and CoOp are at capacity, everything else is walk in

wishiwere@wdw

My understanding is they hit capacity today? Not 100% sure as I heard it second hand. We arrived after the storm so it was somewhat cleared out and minimal lines for the stores; although I wasn’t there for the WOD store lol. Anyway, decent sized crowd that seemed to be following the rules. And one amazing sunset 😀.
EA700D52-5995-48D9-843D-FA2B321FE597.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My understanding is they hit capacity today? Not 100% sure as I heard it second hand. We arrived after the storm so it was somewhat cleared out and minimal lines for the stores; although I wasn’t there for the WOD store lol. Anyway, decent sized crowd that seemed to be following the rules. And one amazing sunset 😀. View attachment 473259

Yes, the garages filled up early in the morning.

hokielutz

Anyone waiting for hours to get into WoD really has too much time on their hands. I’m not sure I’d wait in a line like that even if they were giving away stuff.

IF this is the way it is going to be for the long distance future... then I don't ever see merchandise revenue getting back to what it was. WOD will be a cavernous money pit for the company. Might as well just turn ALL of their Parks & Resorts merchandise into an Amazon type online service.
(no their Park & Resorts merch online is a horrible representation right now.)

disneygeek90

From what I can tell on Twitter crowds for WoD specifically are more reasonable today. Blog Mickey entered the virtual queue at 8:55 and was called at 8:57.

RSoxNo1

So Disney put out a list of all locations that are now open at Disney Springs. The ones that opened on May 27th are as follows:

• B.B. Wolf's Sausage Co.
  • D-Luxe Burger
  • The Daily Poutine
  • The LEGO Store
  • Marketplace Co-Op
  • Marketplace Snacks
  • The Spice & Tea Exchange
  • Wetzel's Pretzels at Disney Springs Marketplace
  • Wetzel's Pretzels at Disney Springs West Side
  • World of Disney
Then there's a handful of others where I can't find the opening date:

• Coach
  • Duncan Yo-Yo
  • Everything But Water
  • eyCatchers
  • Havaianas
  • JOHNNY WAS
  • Just Fun Socks
  • kate spade new york
  • Lefty's - The Left Hand Store
  • Levi's Store
  • Na Hoku
  • Rustic Cuff
  • Shore

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom