News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

simba2

I watched a few minutes of the live stream while some dude was in the Chicken Guy place. Two people wearing their masks on their chin, not covering their nose or mouth and 1 woman handling a menu - couldn't tell if it was disposable or not, and then leaving it on the counter in front of the cashier. The 2 not wearing their masks properly walked past 2 employees who did nothing so... yeah. Not going to Disney Springs for a long while.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I almost feel guilty saying this, but there's something oddly comforting to me watching that live stream and seeing people do "normal" things.

Even if I'm not leaving my house in Western New York, and even though I know that the risk for people is very real.

You shouldn't feel guilty. People seeing other people going out and seeing numbers remain low/flat are the keys to getting over the psycholigical hurdle of this thing. That's a very real barrier that hasn't been properly addressed in my opinion. People need to see others interacting in normal situations.

aladdin2007

I watched a few minutes of the live stream while some dude was in the Chicken Guy place. Two people wearing their masks on their chin, not covering their nose or mouth and 1 woman handling a menu - couldn't tell if it was disposable or not, and then leaving it on the counter in front of the cashier. The 2 not wearing their masks properly walked past 2 employees who did nothing so... yeah. Not going to Disney Springs for a long while.

not only that but the creeping step by step only lines you have to stand in the sun just to get inside a single location, not worth it to even attempt this.

EOD K9

Per DFB:
"One of the biggest questions we’re being asked is if guests are still able to walk around Disney Springs with food and coffee. So, we checked this out at the reopened Joffrey’s. Various Cast Members told us that YES, you can walk around with a beverage or snack! They ask that you remove your mask to take a sip or bite, and replace it between sips or bites."
No need to take your mask off.
1589999472606.png

celluloid

Take your golf umbrella.

I forgot how those repel lightning strikes. For the record. I am thinking more of poor cast and staff of the park and resort perspectives. They cannot have people in unsheltered queues waiting in destinated lines because that a liablitiy issue in itself. When there is not a drop of rain but there is lightning within five miles, the guests who do not understand in better times will be even more livid. When it does rain and the guests want to seek shelter from a storm as all buildings will have reached their capacity.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Per DFB:
"One of the biggest questions we’re being asked is if guests are still able to walk around Disney Springs with food and coffee. So, we checked this out at the reopened Joffrey’s. Various Cast Members told us that YES, you can walk around with a beverage or snack! They ask that you remove your mask to take a sip or bite, and replace it between sips or bites."
I just have a feeling people will abuse this policy. Whats to stop someone who didn't want to wear a mask to begin with from buying popcorn and eating it slowly to avoid putting the mask back on?

Chi84

Premium Member
Constantly touching your face while pulling the mask up and down between bites is pretty much the opposite of the protocol for effectively using a mask to prevent transmitting the virus to others. If a person is asymptomatic (not coughing) and repeatedly touching the mask and then touching other surfaces without first washing their hands, the mask probably is doing very little good. Without getting into the debate about the masks are worthwhile or not, it's disturbing that the conversation has changed from stopping the spread of the virus to being all about wearing face masks. It's not surprising, because it's the most visible measure, but from reading these threads it seems people may be thinking that masks, and often incorrectly worn masks, are more effective at stopping transmission than they really are.

wishiwere@wdw

Just a minor heads up for anyone driving an EV. The garage roof is closed off which is where the chargers are. Not entirely surprising but figured I’d share.

disney4life2008

Disney Springs or Ross? Both opened on the same day. Disney springs overpriced and wearing a mask in 94 degree heat for horrible Food and even worse shopping. Ross where I got a whole new wardrobe and things for my apartment and cars. Ross was the better decision.

Stevek

not only that but the creeping step by step only lines you have to stand in the sun just to get inside a single location, not worth it to even attempt this.

I would be unlikely to do it, just not that important for me to visit someplace like this or go out to eat (we are still supporting our favorites via takeout). That being said, I do appreciate that Disney is doing what they can to give people options and to do it under what should be safer conditions if everyone follows the rules. Of course, we can pretty much expect a vast majority of those that go there to be the vlogger/blogger crews :p

disney4life2008

I was thinking the same thing...is anyone really going to Orlando on vacation right now? Seems like it would mostly be locals.

Im just thrown by the women in mickey ears. I see no purpose. I know people are coming in and out because the hotels have guests (not Disney). And I'm not surprised at locals, traffic is right back where it was 3 months ago. I prefered required quarantine.

TrainsOfDisney

As evening falls it appears from social media posts Guests are done wearing masks. These pictures are from Curious Axel on twitter but i've seen plenty of others as well.

https://twitter.com/CuriousAxel

First photo is a black man wearing a black mask.

Next two photos are guests with drinks in hand.

Last photo are people who may or may not have food or beverage.

disney4life2008

As evening falls it appears from social media posts Guests are done wearing masks. These pictures are from Curious Axel on twitter but i've seen plenty of others as well.

https://twitter.com/CuriousAxel

Let's be real. It's 92 degrees at 7pm. Not all masks are the same. And it's humid. You couldn't pay me to walk around Disney Springs in this heat for trash. I tried to wear a mask shopping at Walmart and it was unbearable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom