News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

peter11435

I have yet to see any scientific reports that contradict the people who caught covid from eating in a restaurant were within the airflow of an asymptomatic diner. Also according to those reports, it didn’t matter how close you were, but rather it mattered if you were within the airflow.

Similar studies in offices, etc. again have not been contradicted.
How did they prove that’s where they caught it? Not saying you’re wrong just generally curious how it was positively determined it was caused via airflow at a restaurant from an asymptomatic diner. Seems there are a lot of variables there that could be misunderstood.

TrainsOfDisney

How did they prove that’s where they caught it? Not saying you’re wrong just generally curious how it was positively determined it was caused via airflow at a restaurant from an asymptomatic diner. Seems there are a lot of variables there that could be misunderstood.

Here’s the cdc link - I’ve seen it in other studies as well that also went into offices, the church choir, etc. but figured I’d link the cdc here.

peter11435

Here’s the cdc link - I’ve seen it in other studies as well that also went into offices, the church choir, etc. but figured I’d link the cdc here.

Interesting. Although I wouldn’t exactly consider it conclusive. The report itself acknowledges some of its limitations and does nothing tangible to rule out other means of transmission.

retroeric

Okay, I've searched through much of this thread, as well as Googled it, but for some reason I cannot find the list of places that will be opening on May 20th. All I've seen is what they are planning for May 27th. Can anyone tell me which restaurants will be open May 20th?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Okay, I've searched through much of this thread, as well as Googled it, but for some reason I cannot find the list of places that will be opening on May 20th. All I've seen is what they are planning for May 27th. Can anyone tell me which restaurants will be open May 20th?

Here's what has been posted in this thread for restaurants -

May 20th
Wolfgang Puck Bar and Gril
Frontera Cocina
The Polite Pig
Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company
YeSake
STK
Wine Bar George
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
Sunshine Churros
Chicken Guy
Blaze Pizza
Planet Hollywood
Earl of Sandwich
The Boathouse
Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck

May 22nd
Morimoto Asia
Pizza Ponte
Vivoli il Gelato

May 27th
D-Luxe Burger (mobile order)

retroeric

Here's what has been posted in this thread for restaurants -

May 20th
Wolfgang Puck Bar and Gril
Frontera Cocina
The Polite Pig
Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company
YeSake
STK
Wine Bar George
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
Sunshine Churros
Chicken Guy
Blaze Pizza
Planet Hollywood
Earl of Sandwich
The Boathouse
Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck

May 22nd
Morimoto Asia
Pizza Ponte
Vivoli il Gelato

May 27th
D-Luxe Burger (mobile order)
Thanks my good friend.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Many non-Disney locations at Disney Springs accept Disney gift cards.
Ah, interesting. That's different than DTD in Anaheim. Don't think I could use a Disney gift card at Earl's or Salt & Straw or Black Tap. Just Disney-owned locations like Pin Traders or The Dress Shop.

But you're saying if I wanted to shop at Uniqlo or eat at the Boathouse or Blaze or Erin Mckenna's (to name some places that are supposed to reopen), I could pay with a Disney gift card?

That would be great if that was extended to DTD as well. Would love to be able to use a Disney gift card to buy a Crazyshake!

Animaniac93-98

You know, I’ve always thought it was incredibly unfair that Disney forces me to wear pants. Do they have any idea how uncomfortable it is to walk around in the Florida heat with your bottom half restricted by thick khaki? I mean, they even mandate my pants stay up when I’m STANDING, and my posterior isn’t even touching anything. This is the land of the free, darnit!

I’m glad my position is becoming more popular.

If Donald Duck doesn't have to wear pants, than why should I?

They're such hypocrites.

peter11435

Ah, interesting. That's different than DTD in Anaheim. Don't think I could use a Disney gift card at Earl's or Salt & Straw or Black Tap. Just Disney-owned locations like Pin Traders or The Dress Shop.

But you're saying if I wanted to shop at Uniqlo or eat at the Boathouse or Blaze or Erin Mckenna's (to name some places that are supposed to reopen), I could pay with a Disney gift card?

That would be great if that was extended to DTD as well. Would love to be able to use a Disney gift card to buy a Crazyshake!
It would depend on the individual location. But yes, at many locations you could pay with a Disney gift card.

MarvelCharacterNerd

It would depend on the individual location. But yes, at many locations you could pay with a Disney gift card.
Interesting - that is definitely different than DTD with outside vendors! For reference, is there a list of which third party locations accept Disney gift cards for payment? I'd be curious which ones do to keep in mind for future visits. Hopefully when they're selling the gift cards at DS, they're letting people know especially in the first week where they could and could not be used because it would suck to be a tourist having given up your cash walking up with your shiny new $200 gift card to every location where you wanted to eat and told 'sorry, only one location is currently accepting it, but enjoy your cupcakes!' And then you have no cash left with which to buy an actual meal.

Then again, I'm not sure who goes anywhere WITH cash and WITHOUT a credit card, especially to Disney!

icc2515

another gift card question... can it be swiped at the guests credit card terminal? Or does the cast member have to swipe it on their terminal?
Cast member swipes it on cash register and at 3rd party vendors it's a completely separate device that the cashier has to use.

Tori

"Appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table)."

What will be interesting is the food and drink rules. If I buy a coffee or tea at Joffreys, I can only consume it while sitting at a table? The Joffreys, nyc bakery, and gelato store all share a small amount of outdoor tables in the same area.

What are the rules at citywalk... is there a designated doughnut eating area outside of voo-doo?

Im curious how this'll work for food/drink stands with no dining tables. Are we not allowed to eat/drink while walking?

Jrb1979

Im curious how this'll work for food/drink stands with no dining tables. Are we not allowed to eat/drink while walking?
You got it. I can see them having set places where you can eat. Otherwise a lot of people will just walk around eating to avoid wearing a mask

Giss Neric

I follow @vegandisneyworld on instagram. They had someone at Citywalk in their stories and shared that they saw security remove someone for not having a mask on. I hope Disney handles these cases similarly.
Hopefully but I keeping my expectations low. You won't believe how many times I have seen CM leaders/managers just giving in to guests being abusive and taking advantage of the situations. They give away free stuff when clearly the guest don't deserve it.

I know it's protecting their brand but Universal doesn't really care about their image of being family friendly and stuff.

Giss Neric

Drinks you can while walking. Food it depends. if it's just like churros or ice cream or any other snacks then it's fine. Some have tables where you just stand. Some just bring their foot and eat at the grass or any benches. There are some too who just does take out and go home.

Jrb1979

Hopefully but I keeping my expectations low. You won't believe how many times I have seen CM leaders/managers just giving in to guests being abusive and taking advantage of the situations. They give away free stuff when clearly the guest don't deserve it.

I know it's protecting their brand but Universal doesn't really care about their image of being family friendly and stuff.
I hope the Mouse grows a set. These measures are for people's health and safety.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom